THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

How was it at concepts i was going to head over there but it was so f..ing cold i said forget that. Did they even have enough pairs in og blues? Also if you know what time people start camping?
Drove by Concepts before heading to Bodega, atleast 30 ppl waiting out front. I got to Bodega and there were 4 ppl in line. Then i noticed 2 cars full of people parked out front. They had chairs set up holding their spot. They only had about 12 pairs when they opened up. People were coming out empty handed before me saying they were all out.  I was about 14th in line and i lucked out with 2 pairs, my girl grabbed one. Unfortunately to small for me so i have to hopefully trade up for my size. I believe bodega sold online before in store.

Master's draw March 25th at 10:00 am EST / 7:00 am PST

BabyJs, when did you become a mod??? Congrats though! :smokin

Last edited:
man a draw for master is such a kick in the teeth from Nike.

never hit on any draw so don't see this being a different outcome. Fml I wanted those more than all the others.

Thanks Nike smh

Drove by Concepts before heading to Bodega, atleast 30 ppl waiting out front. I got to Bodega and there were 4 ppl in line. Then i noticed 2 cars full of people parked out front. They had chairs set up holding their spot. They only had about 12 pairs when they opened up. People were coming out empty handed before me saying they were all out.  I was about 14th in line and i lucked out with 2 pairs, my girl grabbed one. Unfortunately to small for me so i have to hopefully trade up for my size. I believe bodega sold online before in store.
Did the people behind them let the chairs hold the spots for the guys in the car? I don't camp much and haven't had that situation come up but I'd have an issue if I'm in line and some dude is sleeping in his car or even at his house and letting a ghost chair hold his spot.

As some ppl asked about it: I'd camped out at Overkill, for approximately 14 hours to get the Master of Air.

Yes, they(and all the other stores around) had much more pairs compared to the OG Release (while for the OGs Solebox had 13 pairs and Overkill around 26 - what I heard) - BUT the demand was straight up crazy as well. At times they had way over 300 ppl on the list!

I was #305 on the list but at night many got stroke out while checking presence. Whatever, they made it a hell of event.

Starting with free Burritos, free Concert, free Drinks, over to free Pizza and hot drinks during the night check. They gave away Nike branded Camping Chairs,Umbrellas, Socks, Blankets, Mugs....everything you need for a camp out.

They had camp out TV (Netflix'n chill) and seriously -I'm not kidding- they had two girls giving the waiting ppl a massage(...no happy end). In the morning we had a morning stretch out followed by breakfast!

AND they raffled one F&F Master of Air for all the customers(they'd put a ticket in a random Box).

That's the good part - the bad part:

I didn't got a shoe!.....in my size. I didn't know how many pairs they got but I guess around 220-250 pairs? (Solebox in Berlin around 30) - so it was really something special that they got THAT many pairs. Whatever, first Size sold out 11.5 (the one I was aiming for) followed by 12.

At that time I decided that I don't buy a random size and should go home....but I'm a weak mf so I stayed and bought one. I'll try a size swap but I know chances are low - 80% of the kickz got into re-sellers hands.

I mean I'd know my chances are low, and I wasn't stoked for the Master at first, but with every hour passing by the Master grow on me. And given that Overkill really made an awesome Camp, I kinda feel guilty talking bad about them for not checking the List more often(or even constantly). BUT I'm kinda salty and pissed of, cause before me there where easy 100 Reseller Kids with no connection to Air Max whatsoever. And they weren't to be seen the whole night.While many Sneakerlovers stayed the whole night, or slept in there nearby car, this fu#kheads came early Friday, wrote there Name on the list chilled at home, came back for the afternoon check, chilled at home, came back for the night check, slept at home - came back 1hour before store opening and bought the shoe. While waiting to actually buy the shoe, all they talked about was how many money they'll make today....Seriously, next time I'll punch them in there face, give them the retail price and take my size!

Man what an experience. I'm no camper but for all that i would have camped just for the hell of it. Glad you didn't come out empty handed congrats

Did the people behind them let the chairs hold the spots for the guys in the car? I don't camp much and haven't had that situation come up but I'd have an issue if I'm in line and some dude is sleeping in his car or even at his house and letting a ghost chair hold his spot.
I only got there around 10 so i had no idea who the chairs belonged to until i asked the group in front of me. I guess one car parked over night and this dude slept in there. It didn't bother me at first until 5 people walked out of each car and just stood in front. If nothing is said about spot holding from Bodega then I'm sure it'll continue. It was too cold to start a riot over some sneakers anyway. 

Dope review! I won't pay resell for these because my goal is the atmos one but they are for sure a very nice pickup!

I want to see if NIKE ID will come with a new shape for AMD but the problem is that we can't use separate color on the outsole.

I only got there around 10 so i had no idea who the chairs belonged to until i asked the group in front of me. I guess one car parked over night and this dude slept in there. It didn't bother me at first until 5 people walked out of each car and just stood in front. If nothing is said about spot holding from Bodega then I'm sure it'll continue. It was too cold to start a riot over some sneakers anyway. 
Yea I guess it's on the shop to make the rules but it'd be impossible for me to not say something. I mean he'll what's stopping someone from just throwing up a chair every Monday and having their spot locked up for whatever comes out the following Saturday? Hell just leave one out therected permanently.

These OG Air Max release reminds me of when the AJ1 was remastered with the "OG Shape". The main difference was that the first Jordan 1 release was the Fragment collab, which was not a OG colorwary but was super limited, and the Air Max release are 2 OG colorways but also super limited.

It just appears that Nike may be using the same strategy to bring attention to the model for the future Air Max releases with the "OG Shape".

Yea I guess it's on the shop to make the rules but it'd be impossible for me to not say something. I mean he'll what's stopping someone from just throwing up a chair every Monday and having their spot locked up for whatever comes out the following Saturday? Hell just leave one out therected permanently.
I'm buying my foldable chair right now, setting it up tomorrow for the Atmos release haha.

Also, I put up a video of the Royal Blue ones on my YT Channel. On-Feet portion of the video is towards the end, just thought some of you guys would like to see.

Something looks a little off in this video... Maybe loosen up the laces a bit or size down?  Thanks for the review though! I look forward to your Atmos review!

I think the #voteforward thing will be the fans chance to select next years new concept

A few ppl I follow on IG like Sean Wotherspoon & this chick miniswoosh along with some others were invited to Nike World HQ to share their design.

For example Sean did a courdoroy AM97 w/ an AM1 sole

So I feel like on AM Day we will get to vote on our favorite & that will be one of next years shoes

I find it strange that the pricing on these releases are so inconsistent.

Reds - $130

Blues - $140

Atmos - $150

Masters - $130  Most surprising

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom