THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Maybe I'm just a sucker but damn man it seems like so many people on NT are overly picky. It's ****ing shoes people. The toe dents a little? Who cares? The mudguard is 1mm too thin? It's mass produced shoes, not a 1 of 1 work of art. Just put them on and wear them. Most of that stuff works itself out after a few wears anyways.

B7305F78-258B-4BB2-988A-87103A2B6EBC.jpeg

Sweet! Thanks everyone

Maybe I'm just a sucker but damn man it seems like so many people on NT are overly picky. It's ****ing shoes people. The toe dents a little? Who cares? The mudguard is 1mm too thin? It's mass produced shoes, not a 1 of 1 work of art. Just put them on and wear them. Most of that stuff works itself out after a few wears anyways.

Exactly, I don’t get why everyone gets worked up. If it’s that bad just get some sneakershields and truck on.

20180129_154459.jpg

I went to a local spot and saw a lot of the new models. Here's that brown pair, the toebox was good tbh, the web pics don't do them justice. I would have copped but went with the Snow Beach cw. I'll be back for these in future.

Speaking of snow beaches, anyone know of where they can be had for retail? I had them in my NDC cart and completely forgot about them to only be gone 2hrs later.

Thanks in advance.

Offspring and Size? have them but they're in UK.

I was coming to edit my post but you beat me to it. Offspring has them indeed. Was hoping for a site in the US but I’ll take this over what I’ve seen on eBay/StockX

Thanks.

Unfortunately All Grey & Sport Blue are going back - same issue with unsightly toe creases some others are having. - Pictures don't really do the issue justice... it's quite a bit worse than the pictures suggest - much more obvious on side shots.

image12.jpeg
image22.jpeg
image32.jpeg
That's how all of my anniversary pairs are.

It seems like the complaining has gotten progressively worse over the last year as well. I wholeheartedly agree with your comments

@singledout shots fired :rofl:

There is nothing to complain about with Air Maxes currently. Of course shoes crease, if you don't want your shoes to crease then just wear Flyknits or other knit shoes. Creases = wear = loving your shoes.

I appreciate the input on what is acceptable for someone else's sneakers (although I guess that is what these forums are for)... but indeed two outta three pairs will be going back & I will re-order in hopes they come out better this time. I'm one of the last people to worry about minor QC issues with sneakers, but rocking a Nokia 3310 in the toe box is unacceptable to me, especially when they offer returns on ID's.

On a lighter note the other pair came out great. Shape is on point and I'm hype about the possibilities moving forward.

quick way to remedy toe dents...

Nike used to send cardboard inserts inside of their shoes instead of the paper they stuff them w/now

back in 07’ when the air structures retrod they had serious toe denting issues due to the softness of the suede & mesh used in the build.

instead of spending more $ on sneaker gimmicks to fix the issue (i.e. shoe shields) I took a pair of the cardboard shoe inserts and cut just the toe area off and stuffed them inside.....dents fixed and couldn’t feel/notice any difference while wearing them w/the inserts inside.

for real though, dudes are overly picky now. as long as the am1 has a decent shape I’m cool. It’s a 140$ sneaker not Visvims or Alden’s

I was just thinking of the structures while reading all these comments. I wasn’t gonna say anything but since you mentioned them I might as well.

After wearing a few pair of those toe dents don’t really bother me.

Back
Top Bottom