THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The Germany camo's can be pre-ordered at Atmos for $150 (will come out to $190 after forwarding them to the US). Ship date is 8/17. The last batch of camos were released in Japan a week before the US, which leads me to believe that these will be stateside on 8/24.

Last edited:
The Germany camo's can be pre-ordered at Atmos for $150 (will come out to $190 after forwarding them to the US). Ship date is 8/17. The last batch of camos were released in Japan a week before the US, which leads me to believe that these will be stateside on 8/24.
BOUT DANG TIME. Been patiently waiting for them to drop was starting to think they werent..

So here are my IDs
First off quality and construction of the shoe is great, no glue stains or rough patches of suede.
Elephant print is great too, clark kent or atmos quality.
The elephant print laces are Crap, they suck real bad
Im sure you guys can see the only problem i have with the shoes. We forgot to change the tongue EP, thats dark grey/black the rest of the shoe has light grey/black.
Im taking them back cause of that, but either way you get good value for your money.

[

Last edited:
Nike Air Max 1 OG Tape White/Red

Nike is gonna continue to push this HYPERFUSE / EM / PREMUIM TAPE crap down our throats because that's what all Nike sneakers will be made out of in the future. Garbage pieces of recycled plastic and scraps. All the new signature shoes are already all mainly HYPERFUSE, LBJ, KD, KOBE. People don't realize the cheapness of these plastic/rubber shoes. That's Nikes way of cutting costs and not using real materials like leather or suede/nubuck anymore. God knows how mucho et they are saving making this rubber HYPERFUSE crap. On a real AM1, every layer is a different material like mesh and suede etc. but that premium tape crap is one mold of recycled plastic painted OG colors. It's ridiculous. Pretty soon jordan brand is gonna start dropping thier retros in HYPERFUSE versions. Sad thing is, there isn't anything we can do to stop it. It's gonna happen.

thanks for the comments on the iDs I posted... all in all, the quality is on point- nice materials for the most part, stitching is clean and even, no blemishes, etc... and some have already mentioned it, but I think the shape is an improvement from other recent releases- still not perfect, but better... the pair below with the full leather toebox looks worse than the others that have a suede toe box, in terms of shape, though... 

Regarding the suede- I noticed that it's different on the toebox than it is on the upper or mudguard... the toebox is more coarse, with shorter suede 'fuzz'... but the other areas you can use suede for are better in quality, more soft and buttery, lush... check the pics, you can see what I mean. 

The full grain leather is good quality- somewhat stiff, but thick and not plastic-y... has a rubbery/grippy feel to it actually... overall, I'm stoked on the quality. 

haven't busted out the real camera yet, so here's a few more phone pics of the other pairs I made... 

this pair's just out of my head- not necessarily inspired by any other pair in particular... the 'extra' laces are the ones I ordered them with- I replaced them with white, and will probably be using black from time to time as well...

my new blue suede shoes... my caves are beat, so I figured I'd pay homage to them with these... 

suede detail:

These are designed to be as close the Jordan 3s as possible, using all leather for the uppers- the pair I posted yesterday are going to be every day rockers, so I used suede because I imagined it being less likely to crease/easier to keep looking good...

leather detail:

thanks for the comments on the iDs I posted... all in all, the quality is on point- nice materials for the most part, stitching is clean and even, no blemishes, etc... and some have already mentioned it, but I think the shape is an improvement from other recent releases- still not perfect, but better... the pair below with the full leather toebox looks worse than the others that have a suede toe box, in terms of shape, though... 

Regarding the suede- I noticed that it's different on the toebox than it is on the upper or mudguard... the toebox is more coarse, with shorter suede 'fuzz'... but the other areas you can use suede for are better in quality, more soft and buttery, lush... check the pics, you can see what I mean. 

The full grain leather is good quality- somewhat stiff, but thick and not plastic-y... has a rubbery/grippy feel to it actually... overall, I'm stoked on the quality. 

haven't busted out the real camera yet, so here's a few more phone pics of the other pairs I made... 

this pair's just out of my head- not necessarily inspired by any other pair in particular... the 'extra' laces are the ones I ordered them with- I replaced them with white, and will probably be using black from time to time as well...

my new blue suede shoes... my caves are beat, so I figured I'd pay homage to them with these... 

suede detail:

These are designed to be as close the Jordan 3s as possible, using all leather for the uppers- the pair I posted yesterday are going to be every day rockers, so I used suede because I imagined it being less likely to crease/easier to keep looking good...

leather detail:
nice pics do the IDs fit true to size? snug fit or loose? thanks

Glad some people are finally getting their Elephant ID's
I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a couple pairs until reports on the suede came in.

Back
Top Bottom