The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

FmaB, I've watched some sad Anime before that had the eyes water.
but one scene particularly in FmaB, had the tears flowing..
I think everyone knows what I'm talking about
R
RIP HUGHES.
I
God dammit, just looking up the clip made a tear roll down my face. :lol:
I can't believe it still gets to me. :lol:

But of course, for every sad moment we some that bring a smile to our face. :lol:

Played 10 seconds of that clip and had to turn it off

As far as top 5 SHONEN
I'll keep it current.
1. One Piece
2. Naurto pre time skip
3. FMAB
4. Cowboy bepop
5. Gundam Wing (counts as shonen right?)

I'm loving the payoff for sticking with FMAB

On episode 30 and I'm beginning to see now why you guys have it rated so high.

Reactions: Ube
Yo I finally finished AoT. This **** just got real. I'm looking forward to next season :smokin :smokin

Anyone check out Black Clover?

FmaB, I've watched some sad Anime before that had the eyes water.
but one scene particularly in FmaB, had the tears flowing..
I think everyone knows what I'm talking about
R
RIP HUGHES.
I

Man ...

Don't get me started

Played 10 seconds of that clip and had to turn it off

As far as top 5 SHONEN
I'll keep it current.
1. One Piece
2. Naurto pre time skip
3. FMAB
4. Cowboy bepop
5. Gundam Wing (counts as shonen right?)
Nah I don’t think GW would be in the shounen demo. Leaning more towards seinen( 20-50). The political intrigue, mecha love story etc isn’t quite something a 12 year old boy would be into

While I loved Gunfam wing, as a kid I probably couldn’t correctly tell you the intracacies of the plot and other things

I'm not sure that Cowboy Bebop would be under that shounen umbrella either.

Finally finished Kekkai Sensen S2 and I always forget how much I like this series until I get back into it.

Haven't watched anything from the current season yet because I'm still working through the last. Anyone have anything airing now that they really like?

I'm not sure that Cowboy Bebop would be under that shounen umbrella either.

Finally finished Kekkai Sensen S2 and I always forget how much I like this series until I get back into it.

Haven't watched anything from the current season yet because I'm still working through the last. Anyone have anything airing now that they really like?
Overlord season 2, a place farther than the universe, and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens are three that come to mind.

All Might is like Captain America and the Hulk combined. Two marvel characters I know you like...

I'm disappointed in you. :lol:

All Might is the only reason I even tolerated the series.
I'm one who can usually rock with characters like Deku (though i have fatigue of his type) I liked Hitman reborn, But in series like MHA, if you're going to have characters like Deku, you need to have strong personalities/ side characters to go along with it.
MHA has those characters but they suck at utilizing it. The writer for MHA is all over the place IMO I can't understand it.
I have to compare it to Naruto (best I can think of) Where there is a kid who has all the potential in the world, but also has a very very good supporting cast around him.
Atleast in Naruto (pre time skip) everyone got some shine, I was invested in all the genin 9 because they all got some sort of story/action. (I wont expand on that just yet)
But in MHA they drop the ball on that. They haven't really developed the roll characters we thought we were going to get. The pacing of the manga is terrible. Big events look less important because of it. It makes the side character look like trash.
The only thing MHA has done right in my opinion is set up the bad guys. I will give it up and say overlord / cleansers (or whoever he was) Story was fantastic. But dude with the hands on his face should've BEEN developed more. I still don't even quite understand his power.
Hell the explanation of powers and the start of it all, I had to re read three times and I asked on here just to get it...(Still dont think it was properly answered.) MHA just drops the ball for me. This ofcourse all my opinion, I just have in invest in any of the characters outside of Deku, and That doesn't make a good story to me, at least not the way its set up.

Now if you want to read a manga thats based off one character and absolutely fantastic. I recommend two of my top 3.
Shin Angyo Onshi
Ares.

Yo is no one watching Black Clover? I'm only on episode 4 but I'm really liking the world of magic and seeing how they build the stories of the main characters. Plus I wanna see how strong this fool will get or if he even does get stronger lol.

Yo is no one watching Black Clover? I'm only on episode 4 but I'm really liking the world of magic and seeing how they build the stories of the main characters. Plus I wanna see how strong this fool will get or if he even does get stronger lol.

I am I’m current. It’s dope I like it

Reactions: Ube

Been meaning to give it a watch. Coworkers gave it a thumbs up.

I wish the pacing for FMAB was a little tighter, a little quicker.

It picked up from episode 20 to 30, but now I feel it slowing down again.

Top Anime’s for me (no order)

One piece
Naruto
Bleach
Dragon Ball Z
Pokémon (if that counts)
Yu yu Hakusho
Ruroni Kenshin
Inuyasha
Tenchi Muyo (does anyone else remember this greatness?!)
Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
My Hero Academia
Kill la kill
Full metal alchemist brotherhood
Parasyte the maxim
Samurai champloo
Sengoku Basara
Cowboy Bebop
Sailor Moon (I had to :pimp:)

I know I’m forgetting some :smh: too many to think of. These are my favorites tho man I might have to rewatch tenchi rn

I actually completely forgot about Sengoku basura. it was good for what it was loved the video games.
maybe one of the anime vets can help me out
What was the anime called where I think a girl was the main character but they were all in school, but all the fighters of the school came from an ancient japanese dynasty and like their spirits were called upon to fight. I think the main chick was blonde with long hair.
another side chick was a smaller short black hair girl with an eye patch... Anyone recall?

Back
Top Bottom