The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The longer they show trunks the wacker he gets

He got more heart than that herb Gohan though.

A shame that Future Gohan was a real one and regular Gohan was ***** made.

Trunks killed Freeza, the Androids, and Cell...

Last edited:
Gohan hasn't been real since he fought cell.

Vegeta was my favorite character by far but they stayed hoing him :smh: trunks came in a close second. They hod him too in GT :smh:

lol, My favorite DBZ character was trunks, just because he had a sword and looked cool. Then I was on the Gohan bandwagon for like 8 episodes during the cell fight, and then the time skip where I thought, this guy is gonna be awesome and inherit the throne. Nope :smh: :lol:

Originally Posted by KingdomFlatbush  

The Gohan hate
mean.gif

Gohan was the strongest unfused being in the universe by the end of the manga 
tumblr_mt1hzw9v5j1r72ht7o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mak3jbOBxZ1ra6hn5o1_500.gif

Last edited:

We all know who the GOAT is doe

He is a contender for goat since he basically rewrote history.
Practically saved all the z fighters.

Was low key stronger than Vegeta during the Cell saga too :pimp:

IDC what the manga says either. I'd take Trunks and Vegeta over Goku and Gohan any day.

Unless the world was on the line. But **** it. IDC.

The Gohan hate :smh:

Gohan was the strongest unfused being in the universe by the end of the manga

Yet somehow still managed to be *****.

Much emphasis. On all of this

Last edited:
This week's One Piece episode was trash. They animated like half a chapter and the animation itself was garbage
mean.gif

OP Anime been trash for months now
mean.gif

It's also because of how terrible the Dressrosa arc has been.

I expect at least six more months of running around and sensless filler before anything happens

Also can't forget the one-off clashes that make it look like two characters are going to fight
mean.gif

****** couldn't even animate Burgess' mouth when he was laughing
sick.gif

Last edited:
Everyone knows the One Piece anime isn't good because they refuse to do a real filler arc or take a break. They did a 2 and half episode filler before Dressrosa for some reason instead of a real filler arc. The manga is only 30 chapters ahead of the anime so they're taking it at a snails pace. The anime has been bad for a while, it's nothing new and it's probably gonna get worse b/c word is they need to make the story for this arc clearer for the kids in Japan so that probably means more things like those stupid boxes they tried to use this week. Besides the typical OP anime problems what's your problem with Dressrosa?

I wish the OP anime would take a 6 month break, every episode is a snooze fest.
Yeah but there's too much money in the series. I just wish they would do a big filler arc once this one is over. Maybe then they can get back to decent pacing and animation

Yeah but there's too much money in the series. I just wish they would do a big filler arc once this one is over. Maybe then they can get back to decent pacing and animation

they screwed up by not making a full filler arc after Punk Hazard, it was the perfect time to do one.

they screwed up by not making a full filler arc after Punk Hazard, it was the perfect time to do one.
Yeah I was really surprised when they only did 2 and half filler episodes. Idk what Toei is doing because when Dressrosa first started they were doing 1/2 a chapter an episode. If they knew they'd have to go that slow they should have taken the ratings hit and done a real filler arc and recovered later. The episode quality also varies by who directs the episode each week I noticed. 

Yeah I was really surprised when they only did 2 and half filler episodes. Idk what Toei is doing because when Dressrosa first started they were doing 1/2 a chapter an episode. If they knew they'd have to go that slow they should have taken the ratings hit and done a real filler arc and recovered later. The episode quality also varies by who directs the episode each week I noticed. 

Maybe theyll take the Bleach route and throw in random fillers in the middle of the arc lmao.

Maybe theyll take the Bleach route and throw in random fillers in the middle of the arc lmao.
I think the last time they did random 1 episode fillers was enies lobby. They did a couple recaps, some shorts, and did one where they showed how Zoro met Johnny and Yosaku. If they wanted to they could animate some of the cover story arcs like Enel on the moon, the Caribou one, the current Jinbe one when its done.

Dresrossa as an arc has just been in general trash until the beginning of the final battle and Law flashback

No real hype for Colosseum fighters besides Bart and Sabo. All Colosseum fights outside of the final block felt like manga filler

CONSTANT running around and "we're gonna destroy the factory"! without anything actually happening

More running around

Can't forget characters running around for no reason

Donquixote family fighters and executives being thrown all over Dressrosa supposedly to fight, and then being recalled elsewhere. Not a single one has had a proper on-panel fight (not a skirmish) showcasing their max abilities besides maybe Pica and Senor Pink

For some reason Oda thought 30 panels of Franky being suplexed by Senor Pink at random intervals without context was needed

Sabo vs Fujitora mostly off-paneled

Oda continuing to have Vice Admirals look like punks by first having Smoker raped by Doflamingo and then Bastille, who's been hanging around the entire arc, be one hit KOed by Sabo

Sabo being alive for 10 years AND somehow being an Admiral-level fighter who is the second in command of the entire revolutionary army without any main character knowing reeks of terrible retcon unless Ace and Robin just didn't give a ****.

Robin been working with Luffy's father and supposedly dead brother for two years? Nah she ain't telling Luffy ****. **** Luffy

"I'm gonna kick Mingo's ***!" Luffy runs around with the intention of kicking Doflamingo's *** for like 6 months after dude shoots Law

Oda sets up a cliffhanger for something cool every week without following through on the cool thing

Doflamingo string clone decoys. Done more than once

Luffy's plot induced stupidity. Encounter Doflamingo? Use non-Haki enhanced Gum Gum pistol on Yonkou level opponent

Sanji and Big Mom subplot that has gone nowhere and will continue to go nowhere until well after Doflamingo's defeat

Sanji getting washed by Doflamingo while Zoro continuing to be blandly and generically badass for just no reason. Dude hasn't been challenged since Sabaody

Strawhat pirates all are becoming one-dimensional caricatures of themselves

Trafalgar Law becoming the Itachi of this manga, clearly a character whom the author is in total love with and being given more and more overpowered abilities and ridiculous Gary-Stu characterization every chapter. Oda probably sketches him naked. His flashback is still dope though

Awful Oda-style damsel(s) in distress (the entire Riku family bar Kyros)

******* Dwarves

The good things about this arc include God Usopp
pimp.gif
, Doflamingo in general, Sabo's skills, the flashback, and Corazon.

There are too many characters in this arc, and it shows because Oda is clearly having trouble juggling them.

The New World arcs in general have just been
sick.gif

Thank God that this flashback is redeeming the series

Last edited:
I usually don't disagree with you and I'm happy you explained your reasoning, but this Arc has been great, comedy along with action.

I agree, even though for the most part I have enjoyed this arc. In most chapters there is a lot going on but not that much actually happening in terms of plot/character. Feels like we've been at a stand still for a while now minus the Law flashback.

Back
Top Bottom