The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

There's over 900 chapters, so most of those aren't filler. But the problem is there is an actual plot they just get to it so sparingly it's ridiculous even though each arc that does revolve around the plot is really good.
I understand your POV. Case Closed is one of the few shows where I don't care too much about the plot. I don't even care if he finds the men in black.

Them solving case after case is good enough for me.

I understand your POV. Case Closed is one of the few shows where I don't care too much about the plot. I don't even care if he finds the men in black.

Them solving case after case is good enough for me.
nah man, i have literally grown up from Conan's little kid age to conan's actual age or more and the story hasn't progressed at all lmao. they need to move the story forward. its been a decade at LEAST. i understand its episodal... but you've gotta get to the point eventually.

nah man, i have literally grown up from Conan's little kid age to conan's actual age or more and the story hasn't progressed at all lmao. they need to move the story forward. its been a decade at LEAST. i understand its episodal... but you've gotta get to the point eventually.
I doubt they ever will, but who knows?

I doubt they ever will, but who knows?
They have a plan to end it and if you do follow the black organization arcs then it does progess toward a conclusion just at a super slow pace, because it is so popular. I'll probably go back and read it all once it's done. Right now I just stick to the movie that comes out every year.

If you don't mind me asking, where do these fit into the when equation?
Like when are they released? I think they hit theaters during Golden week in Japan then usually hit online with good quality and a good translation around October or November. I just watched the 18th one pretty recently. The 19th one came out in theaters April 18th. Where do they fit in in terms of story timeline? Idk you just base it off which characters are in the movie like in 18, the FBI is in it, and Shuu is still disguised as Subaru Okiya, and his sister is in it, so it's pretty recent in terms of timeline, but I doubt they fit in canonically even though they don't tend to conflict with the story's canon. 

the amount of time this show has been running for is flat out disrespectful. it cheapened the entire series.

Conan is HUGE in Korea and other asian countries.
My students love conan

It never caught on in USA. Ive never seen it but did watch a lupin conan movie. Love that dude lupin. Hes a savage

I hold it in a special light because of it being one of the first anime that I connected to outside of Sailor Moon, DB/DBZ, those Toonami Gundams, etc. but yeah, I guess in hindsight it never really did seem to get big here.

I used to sneak behind my mom and watch it and Yu Yu Hakusho on Adult Swim back in the day though. Even rented a couple of DVDs way back when Netflix just started popping. I'll always love Case Closed. It would indeed be a WAY stronger series if it was more plot-driven though.

Like when are they released? I think they hit theaters during Golden week in Japan then usually hit online with good quality and a good translation around October or November. I just watched the 18th one pretty recently. The 19th one came out in theaters April 18th. Where do they fit in in terms of story timeline? Idk you just base it off which characters are in the movie like in 18, the FBI is in it, and Shuu is still disguised as Subaru Okiya, and his sister is in it, so it's pretty recent in terms of timeline, but I doubt they fit in canonically even though they don't tend to conflict with the story's canon. 

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant "whole equation", storywise. Thanks. I was hoping they were recaps of the actual plot or something.

Are the fillers really important to watch in Naruto Shippuden? What fillers arcs would you guys recommend that I should watch? I am on episode 259.

Are the fillers really important to watch in Naruto Shippuden? What fillers arcs would you guys recommend that I should watch? I am on episode 259.
No filler in Naruto is important IMO, Except the ninja ostrich. :pimp: Not srs. lol

I hold it in a special light because of it being one of the first anime that I connected to outside of Sailor Moon, DB/DBZ, those Toonami Gundams, etc. but yeah, I guess in hindsight it never really did seem to get big here.

I used to sneak behind my mom and watch it and Yu Yu Hakusho on Adult Swim back in the day though. Even rented a couple of DVDs way back when Netflix just started popping. I'll always love Case Closed. It would indeed be a WAY stronger series if it was more plot-driven though.
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant "whole equation", storywise. Thanks. I was hoping they were recaps of the actual plot or something.
I'd love if they made movies to recap arcs. If you wanna watch just 1 arc to get a good idea of most of the major players and where the series can go when it follows the plot and gets serious, watch the Clash of Red and Black arc. I think all the major players are in there except I believe Bourbon was introduced somewhat recently in the manga and anime (Past 100 or so chapters).

I've been trying to tell yea. That whole squad is cold

The only thing that I hope changes soon is them making the main character so weak. Idk how much more I can take, it's getting to the point where it's just annoying, like on some nature steez, very annoying.

I've been trying to tell yea. That whole squad is cold

The only thing that I hope changes soon is them making the main character so weak. Idk how much more I can take, it's getting to the point where it's just annoying, like on some nature steez, very annoying.
But also I wouldn't want the main character to come out of nowhere with this unbelievable power. It's just not him. He reminds me of the main character from log horizon with out the skill level

But also I wouldn't want the main character to come out of nowhere with this unbelievable power. It's just not him. He reminds me of the main character from log horizon with out the skill level

True, but I mean they can atleast make my mans somewhat formidable

I'd love if they made movies to recap arcs. If you wanna watch just 1 arc to get a good idea of most of the major players and where the series can go when it follows the plot and gets serious, watch the Clash of Red and Black arc. I think all the major players are in there except I believe Bourbon was introduced somewhat recently in the manga and anime (Past 100 or so chapters).

I think they did that with tengen gurren Lagan. I forgot what it's called. Like the whole first season before the time skip was a giant recap movie. aOT had an episode like that as well I believe. 13.5

Just read big 3 (feels good to say that again)

Boruto feeling them feels. interest to see where this goes.

OP, good chap, so now he just needs 10 mins...

i feel like after gear 3rd he was a little kid for like a whole day.

Just read big 3 (feels good to say that again)

Boruto feeling them feels. interest to see where this goes.

OP, good chap, so now he just needs 10 mins...

i feel like after gear 3rd he was a little kid for like a whole day.
For gear 3 he was mini for around a minute, longer if he used the attack longer I think. He mentioned that when he fought Lucci. 

Romcom Snafu
I feel bad for everything that's goin on.
mean.gif
It gets better starting next episode.

Back
Top Bottom