The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

this aldnoah show looks cool. good animation and sound. might look into this as well. 

really? so what r they gonna do? another time skip?
Aldnoah Zero is a solid show. definitely worth the watch. I personally like the music in it. Great songs. :pimp:

As for the naruto stuff, The movie will take place 2 years after the events of the manga (the world war). The new manga will take place at least 8 years after the movie (10 years after the war).

Last edited:
So Naruto got them hinata yambs at like 17 years old!
It's just what goes down.

Gohan was conceived when Goku and Chi-Chi were still teenagers. Goku left the tournament with Chi-Chi at 18 and returned 5 years later with a 4 1/2 year old son

Last edited:
Tokyo Ghoul Root A ending was straight trash. So one should really give this series the Brotherhood treatment a few years down the line.

absolutely terrible season. I dont know what they were trying to do with the story but they completely ruined it

Final episode of parasyte today. It was a good series. :pimp:

Fantastic series from start to finish. Loved all of the introspection and philosophy towards the end. I had no idea that the manga was that old though :lol:

Tokyo Ghoul Root A ending was straight trash. So one should really give this series the Brotherhood treatment a few years down the line.

absolutely terrible season. I dont know what they were trying to do with the story but they completely ruined it

I actually have a theory about why they butchered this so badly. If anyone has more insight on the workings of Japan's whole animation industry, please offer it.

Here I go:

Instead of doing two one-cour (12-13 episodes) seasons, the studio behind this adaptation probably actually had a contract or whatever for ONE two-cour (24-26 episodes right?) season and split it into two to try to cover as much of the original manga as possible.

Why? Maybe they weren't sure that it would do well enough in Japan for a second season any time soon. Or maybe someone involved felt like forcing the story to have to be interrupted by all of the time after a first season ends where the DVD/Blu-Ray/Manga sales are tallied up and a contract for another season is negotiated would be unfavorable for the kind of story that Tokyo Ghoul is. All just unsubstantiated guesses.

My point is: If my guess is true, then Root A was complete **** because they tried to cram as much as they can into the second 12-episode half of the same season, while making up an excuse for why they made a change that eliminated Kaneki's entire storyline; all while trying to squeeze in fights that stemmed from moves he made. They only had so much time to work with but still tried to force their way to the end of the manga in some fashion.

Last edited:
You guys were right, AOT is 
nthat.gif
 should be finishing the rest up tommorow after work, 13 episodes left.

Alright I might be late but the ending to tokyo ghoul root a wasn't as bad as yall made it seem. I give it a 3/5 due to the fact it went more for

an emotional ending unlike its manga counterpart 

To add on to the theory of why this is the way it is
The manga counter part is very brutal compared to the anime. If you read the manga you know that juuzo's backstory is very graphic and hit you in the feels at the same time also kaneki slaughtering also those ghouls at the gourmet and cannibalizing with no remorse is another graphic part of the story. 
The way animation studios in japan work unlike us is that shows aren't renewed during the middle of the season so there is no way that a studio knows if they can keep a storyline going or to end it right there. 

Overall : they can only do so much if they get 1 season at the most to draw in viewers and try to get renewed for another season. They don't know if they get renewed until the season is over with which is why it takes awhile for another season to be announced. If popularity wanes (i.e bleach anime) they will cancel even though the manga is still somewhat popular. 
Also just announced we are getting Tokyo ghoul [Jack] as an ova

I'm going to try and check out Parasyte this weekend, since you guys are hyping it up so much. 

I was never very impressed by Tokyo Ghoul. I read the manga. Think I wrote a paragraph or 2 about it in this thread a while back. So I'm not surprised you guys are disappointed by season 2 even if it did differ from the manga. I thought I heard the mangaka approved the differences himself though. I might read Tokyo Ghoul re: once more chapters come out, but I'm in no rush to do so. 

DOFLAMINGO DA GOD!!!

I told yall ****** once Oda skipped all the filler and got to the fight that Dressrodsa would stop being trash

And new Naruto series drops April 27th :pimp:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Naruto is coming back???? Thats what i need in life! now if only Highschool of the dead would return. *crosses fingers*

BEEN WISHING FOR HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD TO COME BACK FOR YEARS. DOUBT IT EVER WILL.

Dio finally makes an appearance. :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp: BOUT DAMN TIME.

I like TOKYO ghoul a lot so far, definitely more than that trash akame ga kill or psycho pass

Though TOKYO ghoul reminds me ALOT of psycho pass

Last edited:
^
Damn, calling AgK trash. I liked the show a lot. I just started Tokyo Ghoul too. I'm on episode 3. Almost done with Parasyte too. Need to watch the last episode.

Watched Grave of the Firefies on youtube. So depressing. The way their aunt treated them was messed up. On episode 3 of Your Lie In April.

Y'all some Haterssssssss

dudes was liking AGK at first,,, now it's trash because it didn't go the way yall wanted?

I'm still a fan NDG!

I think a couple of people said they liked kill la kill better than AKG but I didn't like kill la kill at all. I watched 5-6 episodes and didn't like the animation style or how silly it was and the main character's battle outfit was ridiculous.

Thats what a rushed ending will do.,
But AGK>>>>>>>>>>>>that ghoul garbage.
Shirobako :smokin

Last edited:
Meh I like Tokyo ghoul but also I haven't read the manga.

Still the best show this season is Durarara. So many story lines to follow

Tokyo Ghoul manga ending sucks too tho. I haven't read part 2 besides 1 chapter, but it seemed to have a heavier focus on the organization that hunts ghouls which was the least interesting part of the story to me, but maybe in part 2 that aspect might be better handled. I'll probably wait until 50 chapters in to start reading it.

I'm looking forward to reading Boku no Hero Academica, but I'm trying to hold off until chapter 50 of that as well. 

Gonna add Durarara to my list of things to watch.

I haven't finished TOKYO ghoul so idk how it ends.
And I'm speaking strictly off the anime
Akame Ga kill anime started off cool...and then just became trash...whole show felt rushed

As a fan of tokyo ghoul its not that horrible of a manga overall and as a fan I advise people to watch the first season of the anime and then read the manga from that point on so you won't be so disappointed at everything. tokyo ghoul: re is still in the buildup stages so you may want to holdoff reading it till about 20 or so more chapters

Why do the crazy/off the wall characters have to be the coolest? I gotta come up with a top 5 crazy/off the wall anime character list 

maybe I just like the fact that they go against the grain, do whatever and say f it

tumblr_nj2kz0YJGT1rdwyqho1_500.gif

tumblr_nj2kz0YJGT1rdwyqho2_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom