The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

So now this thread has become WDYW -- FPI version?

:smh:

Thankfully the G's ain't come in here flexing to shut this down and just ignoring it. :lol:

Last edited:
those carolina flights :smokin

Carolina blue is a color i wish nike would use more, especially on the foam line. Dope color for the summer.

This thread has been a train wreck from the start. Only recently the folks who like the retro have started to take the thread back. It's been mainly older collectors recounting days past and the back/forth about the sole and CF. For those who own the retro what do you think of the collar? Is it higher than it use to be?

what are some differences on these? just seen the carbon comparison from the OG. i always wanted them when i was younger but i was maybe 13 at the time and my mom refused to buy me these "moon boots" as she called them. i HAD to get these this time around. whats the deal with the insole? i love them wore them out that same night..

Besides the CF print itself it also has a gloss finish. The OG was textured. The medial side of the sole is missing completely front to back and the insole is noticeably cheaper.

Take a look at the video on the previous page.

im at work cant watch videos.

The sole and entire medial view of the shoe is different.

The carbon weave is a cheap looking glossy print instead of a matte textured finish like the original release

The insoles are said to not be as comfortable as the originals

The ankle collar comes up considerably higher than the original

i need those gold ones.

im going to bite the bullet and pickup this week. I just hope they dont look long on me.

really? didnt notice the differences, where exactly? just looked at the photos on the second page and did a search on ebay for them since i didnt take pics of mine. never had the OG's so im satisfied with my purchase. the only thing i remember not liking about my charcoal/red pair back in the day was that the sole wasted too damn quick!

really? didnt notice the differences, where exactly? just looked at the photos on the second page and did a search on ebay for them since i didnt take pics of mine. never had the OG's so im satisfied with my purchase. the only thing i remember not liking about my charcoal/red pair back in the day was that the sole wasted too damn quick!

Yeah the outsoles on FP1 get eaten up FAST. With the new design the weakest point is now even weaker.

Original
View media item 692891
Retro
View media item 692892

This thread has been a train wreck from the start. Only recently the folks who like the retro have started to take the thread back. It's been mainly older collectors recounting days past and the back/forth about the sole and CF. For those who own the retro what do you think of the collar? Is it higher than it use to be?

I feel like it is higher than it used to be.

tried these on this past weekend and they were surprisingly comfortable. would have purchased if they had added a little bit of color instead of making these all black

PRIME PRIME Oh ok. I couldn't see a difference between the OGs and the pics posted from those who copped. I suppose they made it taller so the zipper would stay up.

Last edited:
:lol: probably new to the game resellers that thought they would be able to flip these.

Bingo, glad they didn't sellout, went to the store they only had 10.5, felt good when I tried it on but I want to try my sz first AND wait to see if I can get these for the low

PRIME PRIME Oh ok. I couldn't see a difference between the OGs and the pics posted from those who copped. I suppose they made it taller so the zipper would stay up.

Its funny you bring the zipper up, because now that you mention it, these didn't unzip on my ankle like the older ones did.

The older ones would always unzip a little bit below the velcro when I hooped in them or just walked around with them zipped completely. These are fine.

Its funny you bring the zipper up, because now that you mention it, these didn't unzip on my ankle like the older ones did.

The older ones would always unzip a little bit below the velcro when I hooped in them or just walked around with them zipped completely. These are fine.

Although I prefer them completely as was I can't be mad at Nike for tryna improve the sneaker. The height on the CF retro isn't noticeable. The FP2 was notorious for the zipper coming down. I could NEVER keep em zipped all the way up.

Thats how i got some nds 2010 pearls for under retail
:lol: I'll give you some advice. If you go to a sneaker event try and look for non hyped kicks you like such as sbs or Posites. Maybe not right away, but by the end of the day ppl will practically be begging you to buy their **** at steal prices.

Back
Top Bottom