The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

maaaan the eggplants were on sale on NDC + promo codes and they still didn't sell out :lol:
golds hit $50 at footlockers too

im not really sure if the blacks hit the sales that hard tho. silvers either to be honest.

Nike blessed us in that the 4 GR colorways they did drop were extremely plentiful. Cursed us with 2 beautiful HoH colors that should have been more produced. :smh:

The blacks sat in stores even in dmv, which was unheard of

I got em for like 120 if i remember. Sportzone

Last edited:
naw bruh.... the 2010 pearls were def on sale. nike super over produced those. even were on cleaeance on nike.com

BINGO! THE 2010 PEARLS WERE NEVER IN A STATE OF "NOBODY WANTED" ESPECIALLY AFTER THE 09'S WERE HOH EXCLUSIVE BACK WHEN THERE WERE ONLY LIKE 2-3 HOH STORES... BUT THEY WERE UNBELIEVABLY MASS PRODUCED... ITS THE KIND OF STOCK THAT WE ALL ASK FOR ON THINGS LIKE CONCORDS, ALL STARS, TIFFANY'S ETC...

IN FACT, IT WAS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE... EVERYONE WANTED THEM AND EVERYONE HAD THEM.. SO MUCH SO THAT THERE WAS NO ONE LEFT TO NEED TO BUY LOL.. I HAVE THE 09'S BUT I ALWAYS WANTED A PAIR OF 10'S BC I LOVE PEARLS

my OG pair has faded paint for days....

I wore mine so much, the toe area turned bronze :smh:

My OG Eggplants's sole are starting to peel off. I wish I was smart and bought all the retro's when they went on sale.

Last edited:
aside from what you outlined above....on the flightposite exposed, there are no vents.....so to make the medial side of the exposed more "streamlined"....they added two ridges towards the front to make the medial and lateral sides of the shoe identical.

When the exposed failed....they put back on the zipper, and cut holes into the existing mold to put back the vents...right over one of the additional ridges.

View media item 824307
View media item 824309

Repped.

I have never been a fan of the silver FP 1. The silver should have had the same finish as the gold/eggplant CWs. They've always been dull. I got the OG for the low and mine started to fade too. Never happen to my other colors.

I know NDC still has sizes as well as jimmy jazz but any stores in NYC still has these sitting? I wanna cop a pair this weekend

I have never been a fan of the silver FP 1. The silver should have had the same finish as the gold/eggplant CWs. They've always been dull. I got the OG for the low and mine started to fade too. Never happen to my other colors.

The og silvers came in another version that wasn't dull. Euro version had a textured finish

For those that own the original flightposites, a quick question.

I wear a 10/10.5 depending on the shoes.  Would an 11 in the originals be alright, or would my toes be swimming in them?  Thanks for any help.

ok I've looked at the pics a couple times but I only count one extra ridge not 2, am I blind in both eyes?

Original

Retro

No way, I can't believe they did this to the medial. I feel cheated. I loved my Flightposites inside and out, so for this unfortunately my NDC pair will be turned back around at UPS. Messed up because NDC doesn't show the medial on the website, only the profile zipped and unzipped...mad shady
mean.gif
[/quote]

Yea, i'm curious to see what these look like when they're worn consistently, that was a big flex point.

aside from what you outlined above....on the flightposite exposed, there are no vents.....so to make the medial side of the exposed more "streamlined"....they added two ridges towards the front to make the medial and lateral sides of the shoe identical.

When the exposed failed....they put back on the zipper, and cut holes into the existing mold to put back the vents...right over one of the additional ridges.
One by the vent and one by the toe.
in every comparison pic there's a ridge on the toe of the og and nu-retro, I see the one by the vent being the difference but that's the only one, I count from toe to heel 6 ridges on the nu-retro and 5 on the og in all pics ?????

in every comparison pic there's a ridge on the toe of the og and nu-retro, I see the one by the vent being the difference but that's the only one, I count from toe to heel 6 ridges on the nu-retro and 5 on the og in all pics ?????

Here are the ridge changes highlighted.
View media item 825751

What looks like a ridge on the toe of the OG design is actually a seam/stitching.

IMO the ridges dont really bother me... its the outsole that ruins the shoe.

For those that own the original flightposites, a quick question.

I wear a 10/10.5 depending on the shoes.  Would an 11 in the originals be alright, or would my toes be swimming in them?  Thanks for any help.

If your foot is wide, you might be able to do an 11, but otherwise stick with your size.

Here are the ridge changes highlighted.

What looks like a ridge on the toe of the OG design is actually a seam/stitching.

IMO the ridges dont really bother me... its the outsole that ruins the shoe.
ok that's where I got confused so that's a stitch line not a ridge, hard to tell in the pics and I don't remember from seeing them on shelves back in 2010 I know that i'm def in the minority but I like the non raised front outsole better, the spikes would've been cool but I never liked the side outsole raised up like that

Last edited:
I see size 12 and 13 still available on eastbay and jimmy jazz. Those sizes usually first to go. I wonder if Nike starting to finally make more pairs in these sizes or nah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom