The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

2010 pearls went on sale though. Nobody wanted em because they were mayonnaise colored. And the CF's will probably dry up by weeks end, powder x's we're most peoples priority last weekend, I know they were mine.

2010 pearls went on sale though. Nobody wanted em because they were mayonnaise colored. And the CF's will probably dry up by weeks end, powder x's we're most peoples priority last weekend, I know they were mine.

That was a long foam hype ago tho.

Its funny you bring the zipper up, because now that you mention it, these didn't unzip on my ankle like the older ones did.

The older ones would always unzip a little bit below the velcro when I hooped in them or just walked around with them zipped completely. These are fine.

Although I prefer them completely as was I can't be mad at Nike for tryna improve the sneaker. The height on the CF retro isn't noticeable. The FP2 was notorious for the zipper coming down. I could NEVER keep em zipped all the way up.

Were the 2010's as bad as the originals? Or did they fix the height on those too?

Its funny you bring the zipper up, because now that you mention it, these didn't unzip on my ankle like the older ones did.

The older ones would always unzip a little bit below the velcro when I hooped in them or just walked around with them zipped completely. These are fine.

Although I prefer them completely as was I can't be mad at Nike for tryna improve the sneaker. The height on the CF retro isn't noticeable. The FP2 was notorious for the zipper coming down. I could NEVER keep em zipped all the way up.

Were the 2010's as bad as the originals? Or did they fix the height on those too?

The height remained the same and people really didn't complain about it. It's the zipper they fixed. The ogs were famous for having broken zippers over time.

Where was this at? them 2009 HOH foams was selling for 600 ds and when they came out in 2010 they sold out in DC. i dont see these flightposites lasting. Stores will just send their pairs to the East coast and people will eat them up.

The sole and entire medial view of the shoe is different.

The carbon weave is a cheap looking glossy print instead of a matte textured finish like the original release

The insoles are said to not be as comfortable as the originals

The ankle collar comes up considerably higher than the original
I never had the OG Carbon Fibers, but the finish doesn't look glossy to me. The sole looked the same as the regular FPs, but the medial side is weak on these.

Haven't worn them around, but they felt fine, just like the previous retros and the OGs (which I balled in and destroyed...).

I dunno if they're higher than the previous Retros, but I don't really care either...

Original
View media item 692891
Retro
View media item 692892[/quote]

No way, I can't believe they did this to the medial. I feel cheated. I loved my Flightposites inside and out, so for this unfortunately my NDC pair will be turned back around at UPS. Messed up because NDC doesn't show the medial on the website, only the profile zipped and unzipped...mad shady :smh:

well after reading a lot of pages and skipping a whole bunch, looking at the comparisons of the carbon fiber I have decided to continue to get these since I get to use md on them and i'll be keeping my mn since the cf weave is different

Yeah the outsoles on FP1 get eaten up FAST. With the new design the weakest point is now even weaker.

Original

Retro
Yea, i'm curious to see what these look like when they're worn consistently, that was a big flex point.

aside from what you outlined above....on the flightposite exposed, there are no vents.....so to make the medial side of the exposed more "streamlined"....they added two ridges towards the front to make the medial and lateral sides of the shoe identical.

When the exposed failed....they put back on the zipper, and cut holes into the existing mold to put back the vents...right over one of the additional ridges.

Yea, i'm curious to see what these look like when they're worn consistently, that was a big flex point.

aside from what you outlined above....on the flightposite exposed, there are no vents.....so to make the medial side of the exposed more "streamlined"....they added two ridges towards the front to make the medial and lateral sides of the shoe identical.

When the exposed failed....they put back on the zipper, and cut holes into the existing mold to put back the vents...right over one of the additional ridges.

View media item 824307
View media item 824309

Damn great eye... smh nike

mean.gif
 White outsole customs 
mean.gif

Where was this at? them 2009 HOH foams was selling for 600 ds and when they came out in 2010 they sold out in DC. i dont see these flightposites lasting. Stores will just send their pairs to the East coast and people will eat them up.

naw bruh.... the 2010 pearls were def on sale. nike super over produced those. even were on cleaeance on nike.com

Stolen from the pickup thread. This pic right here makes them look clean.
The shoe isn't really bad at all! I gave a pair myself and I think it's one if the best releases this year. This is coming from a guy that had the OG pair in 99(not this color). I don't regret my purchase one bit, other then, the MSRP..smh

The sole and entire medial view of the shoe is different.

The carbon weave is a cheap looking glossy print instead of a matte textured finish like the original release

The insoles are said to not be as comfortable as the originals

The ankle collar comes up considerably higher than the original
I never had the OG Carbon Fibers, but the finish doesn't look glossy to me. The sole looked the same as the regular FPs, but the medial side is weak on these.

Haven't worn them around, but they felt fine, just like the previous retros and the OGs (which I balled in and destroyed...).

View media item 819536

I dunno if they're higher than the previous Retros, but I don't really care either...

Those Eggplants + Golds

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

True story I got my golds from the outlets thread here on NT for $60 in 08. Dudes used to look out.

And pearl, like were everywhere. They got restocked like crazy. I used my swoosh account to get 2 and copped another from Potomac Mills.

:smh: I was in college in 08. I could only afford the Black and silver joints at the time :lol:

I should have searched harder for deals though :smh:

:smh: I was in college in 08. I could only afford the Black and silver joints at the time :lol:

I should have searched harder for deals though :smh:

maaaan the eggplants were on sale on NDC + promo codes and they still didn't sell out :lol:
golds hit $50 at footlockers too

im not really sure if the blacks hit the sales that hard tho. silvers either to be honest.

Nike blessed us in that the 4 GR colorways they did drop were extremely plentiful. Cursed us with 2 beautiful HoH colors that should have been more produced. :smh:

I really hope Nike blesses us with the Silver pair again. I slept hard on the Retro and my OG's are no longer wearable.

Yeah the outsoles on FP1 get eaten up FAST. With the new design the weakest point is now even weaker.

Original
View media item 692891
Retro
View media item 692892

WOW bro i didnt even notice that. now i kinda feel a bit cheated esp with the MSRP bump. still glad i copped a pair tho, its not TOO big a deal but they really shouldnt have changed it.

any word on the Allen Houston PE? i remember seeing him play in those like oooooooooooo. hope they are as easy to get as the Carbon pair...

Back
Top Bottom