The Official HBO How To Make It In America Thread [INFO ON SEASON 2 ON PAGE 1]

Poor Righteous Teachers
pimp.gif

Rachel is nowhere near as bad as Julie, but she isn't ugly
HBO gotta bring this back for another season...I think they are buillding this show to replace Entourage in like 2 or 3 years.

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

How can you pass on a woman who drove from NJ to FL for a Radiohead Concert? AND She made road trip food...with Bacon. BEN, YOU FAIL.

He is Jewish.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

How can you pass on a woman who drove from NJ to FL for a Radiohead Concert? AND She made road trip food...with Bacon. BEN, YOU FAIL.
He is Jewish.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this show, even though I cant stop watching (wont lie)
is so painfully obvious!
amusing to see someone didnt catch that

Cudi finally gettin some spotlight (and rocked my grails
pimp.gif
) in the finale was a great look for me, since that's the only reason I was interested in the show in the first place. But I was satisfied with the first season. HTMIIA is a lot less funny than entourage and they dont have a stand out actor like Jeremy Piven, but I see a lot of potential in the show. I really like the idea about Cudi becoming a rapper like his real story and that way he could somehow put the world on Crisp. I just hope they do make another season.....

He is Jewish.

laugh.gif
that's awesome.

ben's ex looks very man-like in the face, maybe not fool on man, but masculine for sure
sick.gif

anyway, i think the low ratings make sense and i would not be surprised if it didn't return for a sophomore season. i see people drawing comparisons to entourage, but to me, that is a bad correlation or comparison for the reason that although both portray two different walks of life -- hollywood and new york hipster-dom -- and people generally tend to like to see things they are unfamiliar with, but the hollywood lifestyle is known worldwide and has a stronger attraction than that of the one depicted in how to make it. going to art openings, starting a denim brand, working in retail and the all around hustle is something people on this forum are more into, but it's such a small and minor niche that i think i can envision a ton of people being uninterested in it. i know there is more to the show than sneakers, selvedge denim and other jargon, but i just dont see the other main components as being strong enough to build a solid audience.

He is Jewish.
So.  I'm Jewish and I eat bacon regularly.  Stuff is delicious.  So I definitely would have rolled with Julie.
Anyway, I liked HTMIIA.  Not super funny, but had interesting characters and a pretty good story.  I hope it comes back for a second season, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.  

[h1]HBO picks up a second season of 'How to Make it in America'[/h1]http://hollywoodinsider.e...w-to-make-it-in-america/

by Lynette Rice

Categories: Deals, News, Television

HBO announced that it has ordered a second season of the half-hour comedy How to Make it in America. Like last season, the pay cabler ordered eight episodes of the New York-based show. It should return to the schedule sometime during the summer of 2011.

The comedy starring Bryan Greenberg and Victor Rasuk follows two dream-chasing, twenty-somethings who live and work in the Big Apple. It was created by Ian Edelman and also stars Eddie Kaye Thomas, Martha Plimpton and Jason Pendergraft.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

[h1]HBO picks up a second season of 'How to Make it in America'[/h1]http://hollywoodinsider.e...w-to-make-it-in-america/

by Lynette Rice

HBO announced that it has ordered a second season of the half-hour comedy How to Make it in America. Like last season, the pay cabler ordered eight episodes of the New York-based show. It should return to the schedule sometime during the summer of 2011.

The comedy starring Bryan Greenberg and Victor Rasuk follows two dream-chasing, twenty-somethings who live and work in the Big Apple. It was created by Ian Edelman and also stars Eddie Kaye Thomas, Martha Plimpton and Jason Pendergraft.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSV36-bz-Xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSV36-bz-Xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cannot wait. This is gunna be the beginning of greatness
pimp.gif
happy.gif

EightysBaby, if you can get Episode 8's soundtrack into the OP post, you get an A+ for regulating this thread.

I loved the kinda show it wanted to be and what it tried to get done. Maybe if they woulda replaced CuDi with someone who can act better, and have him do his own thing for some of the episode, less people would be like 'nothing happens.' I'd be down for Season 2.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

by Lynette Rice

#+%+ yesssss
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ERASCISM wrote:

by Lynette Rice

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom