**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Quick question. I'm about to buy a piece and what I want to do is put it on a 8mm cuban. But right now I can only afford a 5mm ....Should I tell the jeweler to make the bale accommodate a 5mm and when I get the 8mm take it in to get adjusted Or should I just have him do 8mm bale and rock the 5mm in it for now ?

Quick question. I'm about to buy a piece and what I want to do is put it on a 8mm cuban. But right now I can only afford a 5mm ....Should I tell the jeweler to make the bale accommodate a 5mm and when I get the 8mm take it in to get adjusted Or should I just have him do 8mm bale and rock the 5mm in it for now ?
rock it on the 5mm.... you spend less money in the long run. 

Ballpark estimate on a Yacht Master II ? Looking to snag one if the price is right. Certified pre-own or stolen from your rich uncle, it don't matter. How much should I be looking to drop?

GoldenSun : I'm looking for a Rolex Submariner Two Tone Stainless Steel 18kt. Yellow Gold Black. I want to get it for my birthday in February, can you please PM me what it would cost .

Long time lurker. Thought I'd chronicle my journey on icing out a 14kt, 9.5MM cuban link bracelet.

+ First, I bought my cuban from Rey's Gold and Cash.  Find him on Instagram, you can do 14kt gold for $32/gram through him.  Potentially lower if you've done business with him repeatedly.  Build quality has been excellent for me, and his turn around times have been extremely quick -- 2-3 days. I would go to him over Daniel's. 

+ Second, I reached out to a handful of jewelers. Among them, LAX, JimmyBoi, and Golden Sun. I have a jeweler in NYC that I have a good relationship with, but he does most of my larger diamond work -- 20 pointers and above. LAX quoted the highest carat weight, but according to Golden Sun and some straight  forward math, the carat weight quoted by LAX seems nearly impossible.  Also, LAX has a reputation on these boards that make me uncomfortable with trusting him with a bracelet. 

+ Third, Golden Sun and I have been communicating, and we've arrived at the following: [1] they will propose 3 different stone size settings, and [2] if I'm not satisfied with layout, they'll send the bracelet back.

As this progresses, I'll keep you updated.  They've committed to true VS, F stones, and they've said my expectations will be blown away. They are charging me a premium, there's no doubt whatsoever, but I'm waiting to see what the work is like.

As a second project, I'm having a 7MM cuban necklace done up, that I'm currently looking for a jeweler to set with diamonds. If there's interest, I will try to chronicle that journey as well.

Below is an example of my jewelry, ~.50 carat per diamond -- triple excellent, F-G/VS. Bracelet is Hermes.

Long time lurker. Thought I'd chronicle my journey on icing out a 14kt, 9.5MM cuban link bracelet.

+ First, I bought my cuban from Rey's Gold and Cash.  Find him on Instagram, you can do 14kt gold for $32/gram through him.  Potentially lower if you've done business with him repeatedly.  Build quality has been excellent for me, and his turn around times have been extremely quick -- 2-3 days. I would go to him over Daniel's. 

+ Second, I reached out to a handful of jewelers. Among them, LAX, JimmyBoi, and Golden Sun. I have a jeweler in NYC that I have a good relationship with, but he does most of my larger diamond work -- 20 pointers and above. LAX quoted the highest carat weight, but according to Golden Sun and some straight  forward math, the carat weight quoted by LAX seems nearly impossible.  Also, LAX has a reputation on these boards that make me uncomfortable with trusting him with a bracelet. 

+ Third, Golden Sun and I have been communicating, and we've arrived at the following: [1] they will propose 3 different stone size settings, and [2] if I'm not satisfied with layout, they'll send the bracelet back.

As this progresses, I'll keep you updated.  They've committed to true VS, F stones, and they've said my expectations will be blown away. They are charging me a premium, there's no doubt whatsoever, but I'm waiting to see what the work is like.

As a second project, I'm having a 7MM cuban necklace done up, that I'm currently looking for a jeweler to set with diamonds. If there's interest, I will try to chronicle that journey as well.

Below is an example of my jewelry, ~.50 carat per diamond -- triple excellent, F-G/VS. Bracelet is Hermes.

Keep us updated. I enjoyed reading about your process in having all this done.

Scooped a little 5mm 24.5in 45 gram 14k cuban to put my baby piece on. I was going to go through daniel as I did for my last chain but I found this place called Vera Jewelry based out of Miami who gave me a crazy low price on the chain. I ended up paying $1500, so just over $33 a gram for 14k which I thought was pretty good. I went and had it Xray tested today and it tested perfectly at 14k. My only complaint is the links are not quite as tight as daniel makes them. Next up will be a bracelet. 

Thats 24.5" ? What are you like 5 foot 3 
laugh.gif

Thats 24.5" ? What are you like 5 foot 3 
laugh.gif
leave it this broke **** lame to talk **** as always.....why are you even on this board, you contribute nothing 
eyes.gif
 and all you do is run your neck. Post some more pics of your 10k gold 8 gram ring or something bruh
laugh.gif

and for all those looking for size comparison on the chains and how they will sit on you I am 6ft 195lbs. 

My 10k ring is 16 grams and my 14k one is 11 grams. What does the weight of my jewelry have to do with how much money i have? Do you think that people who don't wear big and heavy chains are broke?

Back
Top Bottom