**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

PAW_1085-X2.jpg

DSC_6280-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thats why i bought da jacob jesus piece before da cuban..jacob is a brand on to himself, so coppin straight from him is putting a premium on top of da raw material value + labor... Me coppin it da way i did i lopped off intrinsic brand value off rip.

oooo wow i didn't know it was a Jacob ninja.......

:smokin

lol I laugh when ever I see that jessu piece it kinda reminds me of et LOL I mean I never talk with the dude so I don't know how his work is but most of the reggaeton artist be going to rafaello or aviannie these Spanish jewelers they mean serious business though not going to lie to you because they work with the raggaeton artist in the Spanish music industry

has anyone heard of el russo ?

Fordham Rd BX jeweler extraordinare i think ( unless i got him confused).. Most of da reggaeton cats go to to da small row of shops there for chains...dont sleep they got a couple of serious stores buried between all those sneaker stores.

Cuban Link(da Rapper) old piece was out there

Last edited:
Fordham Rd BX jeweler extraordinare i think ( unless i got him confused).. Most of da reggaeton cats go to to da small row of shops there for chains...dont sleep they got a couple of serious stores buried between all those sneaker stores.

Cuban Link(da Rapper) old piece was out there
One of those shops was doing a full size 3-D silver surfer peice, in white gold and diamonds.  Joint was crazy.  Couldn't snap a pic.

do you guys find Jacobs Jesus pieces around a lot? Ive seen one on eBay once and they wanted like 65000 it was a kufi one
sum1 on here posted a picture in July and said they had this one.  the 65K included a cuban I remember. 

Not crazy about designs but I see the corallation between pharrell being his mentor with his jewelry style.
pretty dope that tyler can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. I've always said he's one of the more positive roll model rappers.... inspires young kids to think for themselves, don't follow trends and enjoy youth. none of this being a hard guy image type ****. 

those pendants are crazy......ugly.... but pretty dope. 

the links on all his chains are nice.... tennis necklace and matching sapphire ring is a1... golf pendant too.... I think he has a belt buckle made or being mad as well similar to pharrells NERD one. 

that one is real flat, the hair has no cliffs/waves at all.  plus there's lots of metal showing in the hair settings.

Porosity. Messed up casting. Happens for a few reasons, using scrap gold, overheating the metal or a bad wax mold.  I'm sure there are other causes as well but i heard it's hard to fix because it could be inside the piece as well so polishing could reveal more. Seen it on thick cubans where they cast the links instead of making the round wire by hand. 
true. all cast parts have it to some extent, but a lot factors into how problematic it is.  basically any good casting house should be laser welding to fix this if it's not too bad.

forging is dope but pretty unrealistic for anything but the simplest geometry (e.g. simple chain links like cuban). 

.dont sleep they got a couple of serious stores buried between all those sneaker stores.

your right. Don't a lot of the bigger stores lowkey in the district go outsource to them for work sometimes amd just mark up something serious? When I used to live out east I saw spots BURIED in between you wouldn't even think were jewelry places with some :pimp: work, craftmanship and prices

true. all cast parts have it to some extent, but a lot factors into how problematic it is.  basically any good casting house should be laser welding to fix this if it's not too bad.

forging is dope but pretty unrealistic for anything but the simplest geometry (e.g. simple chain links like cuban). 
Ya man no piece is perfect. The best thing to do though is avoid using scrap gold on custom projects. Best to buy .999 bars/coins to make it as clean as possible. Gotta make sure you have an honest jeweler though. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom