**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

A world star piece not by Icee Fresh? I thought Q was his kids Godfather?

Little experiment i did. I messed around with designing a lion pendant. I made a simple design with windows paint and wrote the dimensions i wanted. I was interested in Shapeways but i didn't know how to make a 3D design. So on the Shapeways forum i put up a post where you can hire designers and some guy said he could turn my 2D image into 3D for $20 so i agreed. A few hours later he sent me an STL file of the 3D image. Then i made my order at Shapeways. I ordered two plastic ($3 Ea.) and one in casting wax ($15). The plastic turned out like **** but the wax one was perfect and showed all the detail. So i took the wax to a local jeweler and he made it into 10k gold for $22.50/gram + 70 for labor. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and will probably get something else made. 

10k. 8 grams. 26.5mm wide.
Clean
smokin.gif

I know a couple guys on here have bought jesus pieces from Icebox that came out good but they never did mention price. Best bet is to ask Icebox straight up when you have an idea of the piece you want. 

I know a couple guys on here have bought jesus pieces from Icebox that came out good but they never did mention price. Best bet is to ask Icebox straight up when you have an idea of the piece you want. 

iight

i got family and my father lives in ATL anyways ill check em out

what jewler is this?

That's icebox stoneless Jesus, the best looking in my opinion

IF&co also has a stonless Jesus up on the website right now, the 14k is $12,500 and the 10k is $9500. Not sure of the weight but that's to rich for my blood :lol:

Last edited:
Icebox has the best mold, hands down.

There was a NTer who got one from IF&Co who told them to remake that mold up there to be closer to the original. It turned out pretty good too, but Icebox has the official mold.

Little experiment i did. I messed around with designing a lion pendant. I made a simple design with windows paint and wrote the dimensions i wanted. I was interested in Shapeways but i didn't know how to make a 3D design. So on the Shapeways forum i put up a post where you can hire designers and some guy said he could turn my 2D image into 3D for $20 so i agreed. A few hours later he sent me an STL file of the 3D image. Then i made my order at Shapeways. I ordered two plastic ($3 Ea.) and one in casting wax ($15). The plastic turned out like **** but the wax one was perfect and showed all the detail. So i took the wax to a local jeweler and he made it into 10k gold for $22.50/gram + 70 for labor. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and will probably get something else made. 

10k. 8 grams. 26.5mm wide.
exactly what i like seeing. thumbs way up.

**** shapeways tho. one thing i learned from back when i did the first joint (with them) is that the geometry and orientation really matters with additive processes and their quality control doesn't really make sure it's perfect. a wax mill would've done better here

exactly what i like seeing. thumbs way up.

**** shapeways tho. one thing i learned from back when i did the first joint (with them) is that the geometry and orientation really matters with additive processes and their quality control doesn't really make sure it's perfect. a wax mill would've done better here
Thanks man. Ya i just went with Shapeways because it's one of the more popular sites and it's pretty cheap. In my case the wax came out 100% perfect. I don't know why the plastic looks like **** though. I guess different printers. As for the gold one it came out perfect it just came out a couple grams lighter than i wanted due to polishing and stuff. That's why i started with something small in 10k because i wasn't sure if it would turn out properly especially trying out a new jeweler.

I'm gonna mess with that app too cause i got alot of designs stored on my laptop. I ordered another wax one just to keep in case anything ever happens to it. How long do the wax models stay good for ?

Thanks man. Ya i just went with Shapeways because it's one of the more popular sites and it's pretty cheap. In my case the wax came out 100% perfect. I don't know why the plastic looks like **** though. I guess different printers. As for the gold one it came out perfect it just came out a couple grams lighter than i wanted due to polishing and stuff. That's why i started with something small in 10k because i wasn't sure if it would turn out properly especially trying out a new jeweler.

I'm gonna mess with that app too cause i got alot of designs stored on my laptop. I ordered another wax one just to keep in case anything ever happens to it. How long do the wax models stay good for ?
i wouldn't worry about that. if you want to make more in the future get a rubber mold made and then you can have as many waxes as you want. you can use your medallion as the positive for the mold. your jeweler can take care of that.

if you don't mind spending a little more i would recommend Cadblu in new york. they will do a better job for a little more money and they will deliver your stuff to the casting house of your choice. another great (but more expensive) option is Solidscape.

Back
Top Bottom