THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Balled a couple times in the 9 elite...that extra sock high top part is unbearably hot in a hot gym with elite socks on...don't think I'm going to wear these regularly to ball...shoes are VERY solid but can't wear em during the summer

QUESTION ::::::: Has anyone worn both the Kobe 9 Low and the Under Armour Anatomic Spawn? If so, how does the fit compare? I have been a size 11 in Kobe's 1-7 and for whatever reason, the Kobe 8-9 I had to go up to 11.5 because my big toe was touching the end. Just wondering if anyone has worn both and can tell me if either one is bigger than the other. They are two different brands, and each brand always seem to fit a bit different. I am ordering these online, so I won't be able to try them on and they don't exist in the city I live in, so any information would be awesome! Thanks

Has anyone gone .5 size up  on the 9 Elite's? My size is between 11.5 and 12 US, and can't decide which ones should I cop. Going to wear them casually, so I don't want my toes to touch the shoe, as it would maybe make them uncomfortable. Trying them on isn't an option.:\

To my knowledge, no one goes up .5 on the Elites since some feel they run a tad long. In fact, some have felt comfortable with going down .5

Usually narrow/normal feet = .5 down
wide/flat feet = tts

To my knowledge, no one goes up .5 on the Elites since some feel they run a tad long. In fact, some have felt comfortable with going down .5

Usually narrow/normal feet = .5 down
wide/flat feet = tts
Yeah, but my true size is either 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe. My football (soccer) cleats are 11.5, and they fit tightly as they should, so I don't know whether to go 11.5 or 12 on the 9's. 

Last edited:
Yeah, but my true size is either 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe. My football (soccer) cleats are 11.5, and they fit tightly as they should, so I don't know whether to go 11.5 or 12 on the 9's. 

Can you go try on a pair of EM 9s? That will probably help you to decide what size works for you.

Can you go try on a pair of EM 9s? That will probably help you to decide what size works for you.
Nah man, I live in Finland so there are no stores that have any kind of bball shoes
roll.gif

It was a cross-retailer return, he bought at a nike outlet and returned to a FTL for something that cost 3x what he paid...sounds like fraud to me.
dont know where you got that.. i bought my shoes from NDC and i was gonna return it at the outlet... 

hero's

This men's Nike KOBE IX ELITE is available for $165.00 at Saint Alfred. Shipping available now 773-486This men's Nike KOBE IX ELITE is available for $165.00 at Saint Alfred. Shipping available now 773-486-7159 -7159

QUESTION ::::::: Has anyone worn both the Kobe 9 Low and the Under Armour Anatomic Spawn? If so, how does the fit compare? I have been a size 11 in Kobe's 1-7 and for whatever reason, the Kobe 8-9 I had to go up to 11.5 because my big toe was touching the end. Just wondering if anyone has worn both and can tell me if either one is bigger than the other. They are two different brands, and each brand always seem to fit a bit different. I am ordering these online, so I won't be able to try them on and they don't exist in the city I live in, so any information would be awesome! Thanks
Yes.

The UA spawn is literally meant to fit your foot to form. I wear a size 14 in every kobe exept the VIIs, and wear a 14 in the UA's. If you had to go up to an 11.5 in the 8 and 9, I would recommend the same size for the Spawns.

If you're talking about the Kobe 9 elite HIGHS, I would probably go with an 11.5

But if you're wearing them casually, a 12 would probably be fine too. These shoes lock down no matter what, it just depends on how much room you prefer in the toe box.

Last edited:
How would you guys rank the following Kobe models? Kobe 7 Prelude, Kobe 8 Prelude, and Kobe 9 Low Premium Philippines?

In a rank 1-3 which ones do you think look best?

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed major "fit" differences in the EM LOWS? My feet are kinda of wide but I never experienced this issue with kobe 5, 6, 7, or 8's.

Bruce Lee- perfect
Easter- little tight but loosened a little after ballin a couple of times!
Crimsons- extremely tight, could hardly tie the shoes, could see my foot on both sides of the tongue
Unleashed- better than the Easters but not exactly the Bruce Lee's either!

I have seen this in certain jordan retros but just curious if anyone else noticed any difference in this series?

Has anyone else noticed major "fit" differences in the EM LOWS? My feet are kinda of wide but I never experienced this issue with kobe 5, 6, 7, or 8's.

Bruce Lee- perfect
Easter- little tight but loosened a little after ballin a couple of times!
Crimsons- extremely tight, could hardly tie the shoes, could see my foot on both sides of the tongue
Unleashed- better than the Easters but not exactly the Bruce Lee's either!

I have seen this in certain jordan retros but just curious if anyone else noticed any difference in this series?

In my opinion the EM lows run half a size too big. I had to actually get half a size smaller compared to the Nike Kobe 7 or Nike Kobe 8.

And I will add that I also notice a half a size too big theory in many earlier Jordan Retros (3s,4s,5s,6s,7s in particular)

In my opinion the EM lows run half a size too big. I had to actually get half a size smaller compared to the Nike Kobe 7 or Nike Kobe 8.
I wear a 10.5 in the 5, 6, 7, & 8. Picked up the Premium lows in a 10.5 and they fit just right for me - balled in them yesterday.

I wear a 10.5 in the 5, 6, 7, & 8. Picked up the Premium lows in a 10.5 and they fit just right for me - balled in them yesterday.

I also picked up the Premium low 9s (Philippines) and I originally purchased my true size and they were a bit too long so I had to size down a half. I will add my feet a regular/narrow (not wide).

Back
Top Bottom