THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I've been using my Flyknit Lunar One for running and as a daily walking shoe and if that similar tech is in the Kobe 9 then I'll definitely be interested but won't be splurging on multiple CW's. One of these and one Lebron XI (i'm sure we're all curious with this shoe with its insane amount of tech) and i'm good.

i don't understand the people that just buy a shoe because the name thats on it.  buy it if you like the way it looks. 

i am a big anti-Kobe fan, but i love his shoes, hands down the best sig shoe and the only one i buy

I thought like that for a lil bit, even started buying Brons. Had about 10 pairs... Felt weird wearing em, so I sold em all and bought Kobes.

Bron has some dope sig shoes, real dope. I'm just not a fan of him, at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: c4
Like I said before I can't buy durants or lebrons. I'm a kobe fan and only support kobe. I always find it weird that ppl have all three sigs, I know for a fact not everyone balls in there shoe
Kobe > LeBron x kd

I wear KDs because I respect him. Some of the stories I've heard about how he treats his fans etc... I support his sig line, but that's as far as it goes. No jerseys, Ts, socks or whatever.

I've bought each of the 3 sigs...KD 4-6, Kobe 2-8 and LeBron 3-10...

I'm a fan of all 3 players, and tho each sig feels different on foot, I still like each one...except the Kobe 7 :D

I don't see the problem with having each of their sigs... it's not like you sign an exclusivity deal when you put your $$$ on them.

Last edited:
For me:
Casual shoes- Signature names/how it looks first, performance second.
Playing shoes- Performance first, signature names/how it looks second.

Good thing the Kobe 8 was good-looking and good-performing. Hopefully the 9s are the same or better.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the 9s. I wonder if it would be so much prints like the 8s? I like kd the most out of the big 3 but buy all the sigs but before this year didn't. Kobe 8s actually made me like kobe again.

Last edited:
I think me and everybody would just want ONE pic

this way we could decide on whether we buy more kobe 8s LOL

I know one thing sulfers were slept on

if this shoe looks and feels anywhere NEAR as good as the kobe 8

i think 3 pairs of the orginal first cw might be in order

can't wait to see how these turn out... love the direction of going with flyknit :smokin

Can people explain the benefits of flyknit, I really dont know much about it and only see it on those new running shoes

i really love engineered mesh and am sad they are moving away from such a great material

Can people explain the benefits of flyknit, I really dont know much about it and only see it on those new running shoes

i really love engineered mesh and am sad they are moving away from such a great material
NIKE has engineered knit for performance to create running footwear that features only the essentials. Employing a new technology called Nike Flyknit, yarns and fabric variations are precisely engineered only where they are needed for a featherweight, formfitting and virtually seamless upper.

While reducing shoe weight is one aspect of helping athletes, the Nike Flyknit upper is also engineered for a precision fit, creating a feeling of a second skin.

An additional environmentally sustainable benefit to Nike Flyknit is that it reduces waste because the one-piece upper does not use the multiple materials and material cuts used in traditional sports footwear manufacture. Nike Flyknit is truly a minimalist design with maximum return.

The result is precision engineering in its purest form, performance on display. Every element has a purpose: resulting in one of the lightest, best fitting athletic shoes NIKE has ever made.

Via Nike.

Last edited:
Damn really? Im kinda disapointed its cool that its gonna be even lighter but i am in no way a minimalist athlete

So from reading that im guessing it has wack support but an amazing fit, regardless sounds weird yet promising, im just hoping these are a great performer

I really wouldn't worry about it.  Nike knows Kobe is coming off the worst injury of his career.  No way in hell these will lack for support,  People questioned the lock down ability of the 8s and those are money in the bank. 

Also you know the dude in your sig wears one of the most minimalistic shoes out there in the Crazy Quick right?  Performance wise I'd put them right up there with the 8s, with the Jordan XX8s being slightly ahead.

Last edited:
Damn really? Im kinda disapointed its cool that its gonna be even lighter but i am in no way a minimalist athlete

So from reading that im guessing it has wack support but an amazing fit, regardless sounds weird yet promising, im just hoping these are a great performer

Not sure why you would get "wack support" from reading that. No one has any idea how the Flyknit is going to be implemented on these. It's completely different on the Flyknit Frees than it is on the trainers and racers so I would expect something different for the Kobes.

I really wouldn't worry about it.  Nike knows Kobe is coming off the worst injury of his career.  No way in hell these will lack for support,  People questioned the lock down ability of the 8s and those are money in the bank. 

Also you know the dude in your sig wears one of the most minimalistic shoes out there in the Crazy Quick right?  Performance wise I'd put them right up there with the 8s, with the Jordan XX8s being slightly ahead.

Hopefully your right, im just judging flyknit off appearance and what you posted

A flyknit upper sounds dope as hell but i havent really messed with flyknit shoes to know if the upper is flexible yet supportive

I shouldnt judge a book by its cover and so i wont count them out till i rock them on court, and last thing f minimalistic soles like the crazylights and freeruns lol just not for me bro

Flyknit in the new flyknit frees are sorta similar to em on the 8s.

Injury or no injury, I'm pretty sure these will be one of the best bball shoes once again...

Then he'd probably buy the Kobe branded pair.... Not difficult to figure out.
Sdubl knows whats up. n I cant stand people who talk **** on a person but rock there kicks. I dont get that even if u think its comfortable buy some roshes or something hahaha I respect KD n I own only 2 pairs of shoes in all of his signature shoes combined. with the kobe 8s alone I own 12 lol I get the feeling the 9s will be just as comfortable with some nice CWs. once the 9s drop ill be taking a couple pairs of 8s to ball in :wink:

I just feel there will be way more people buying kobe 9s cause the introduction of flyknit

And also the 8 drew in a whole lot of new people, so it's gonna have a carry over effect with the 9.

I look forward to the 9. I've been on board with the Kobe line since the 2.

Last edited:
i kind of hope i don't like it so i can give my wallet a break.  if the 9 looks similar to the 8 but with flyknit, im going to be in trouble

Back
Top Bottom