THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I heard the Kobe 9 is going to come in a plastic bag, similar to a large zip lock back. To rub in how light the shoe is. The shoe is basically the kobe 3 with a flynit upper.

Yeah plastic aka fuse shouldn't cost $130 but there's a lot more behind price points than material costs. The new KD's are minimal in terms of materials and the materials used are nothing but plastic, so should they be worth $130? With his increasing stardom and hype building behind his signature line, you see that price point. Mostly has to do with the times rather than the constitution of the actual shoe...

agreed.

^exactly.  the fact that people buy the shoes regardless of what they look like, what they are made out of, and what the price is. so of course they will keep hiking up the prices

I own shoes in each of the sig lines. I don't see a problem with this. Nike is putting the best designers and tech into these sig lines. Each built differently. Depending on what I want from my shoe that day, I go with that shoe. If you hate a particular player that's fine. Don't wear his shoe, i get it. but if you don't have any negative feelings towards them what's the big deal if you where them?

nerd.gif

don't say because of Flyknit they will "lack support". Haven't we learned nothing with the Kobe 8s?

Just sit back and relax. The only thing you should worry about at this point will be the actual fit when you wear them and availability.

don't say because of Flyknit they will "lack support". Haven't we learned nothing with the Kobe 8s?

Just sit back and relax. The only thing you should worry about at this point will be the actual fit when you wear them and availability.

Bro idk but i never doubted engineered mesh just flyknit

Flyknit was advertised in a certain way to make it look like a shoe/sock hybrid and socks lack support so yea >D

if anything i feel these will be the most "hip" kobes to date

Flyknit was advertised in a certain way to make it look like a shoe/sock hybrid and socks lack support so yea >D

oh for sure! the "hip" factor will immediately affect the old heads because a bunch of new peeps will dive in just in time to get everything.

Don't forget, support comes from materials other than the upper. So that's a hint.

oh for sure! the "hip" factor will immediately affect the old heads because a bunch of new peeps will dive in just in time to get everything.

Don't forget, support comes from materials other than the upper. So that's a hint.

I just hope they dont mess up the cushioning cause i love the motto if it aint broke dont fix it, which is how i felt about the engineered mesh

Agree. Thats pretty crazy for Nike to hike the price up 40% over 1 year. Especially like someone said, after a bad season and an almost career ending injury. I can see 175 max.
ehh. I am calling 160-170 max

I just hope they aren't patterned like the flyknit pictures that first leaked 
sick.gif

first time I think I've ever said "I hope those leaked photos ARE NOT real"!

^I wouldn't worry about it. There's a lot of different patterns you can do with Flyknit. Just look at the Flyknit models that have already released. If the 9s release in numbers anywhere near what we've seen in the recent models (30-40+ colorways), there's bound to be something you'd like.

Someone said "bad season"? If you are talking Lakers yes, if you are talking Kobe, you gotta be smoking something, the man was putting up crazy numbers and doing it after a long career (NO ONE in the NBA history or current players, has more milage on them than Kobe), so in regards to his season, it was something great. As for the price tag, well consider this his shoes have been $130 for 6 sigs and $140 for 2 sigs (this is not counting the elite, special limited and etc. pairs), so although I hope they are not $200 or around there, Nike has been pretty consistent with Kobe's line. Just a thought.

I hope the availability is better. Like for limited colors even before we were a hoh we had kd and LeBron Easter and Christmas and when the hoh opened they sent kd and LeBron all star games but no kobes.

I hope the availability is better. Like for limited colors even before we were a hoh we had kd and LeBron Easter and Christmas and when the hoh opened they sent kd and LeBron all star games but no kobes.

with FlyKnit, this year will be a true challenge.

and yeah, kobe has been priced 125-150 for years. when the 9s come out with a hefty tag, just remember that you've been "saving" so much for years. for every LeBron shoe you didn't buy and picked up a Kobe instead, you automatically saved 20. So if you bought 10 Kobes already, consider that $200 you saved a "free" Kobe 9! HAHA! Just by being a Kobe fan!

Seriously though, I bet they're worth it in terms of performance/comfort.

:D whatever the final product Kobes fans will still cop these ****

i'm a kobe fan but when it comes down to buying his shoes, it's performance >>>> looks/price/etc.

the 7's were absolutely trash. i ended up sticking with my kobe 6 until the 8's came out.

if this product sucks on the court, i won't buy it.

the 7s had the ripple that i didnt like, the 8s are SOOOO light on ur feet there perfect gym shoes..the 6s are god but the 5 and 7s are terrible 

The VIIs have been the only real disappointment to me in the line from I through VIII, which is kinda sad cuz I actually really like how they look. It's just that the comfort with them is so bad, at least for me, that I really have to knock them down a lot. I know a minority of dudes who really like them, but I can't wear them without my feet killing me.

In terms of on feet feel and 1:1 between the shoe and my foot, the Vs are actually still my top pick in terms of that. Still haven't had another shoe that locks in my foot quite so well, although the IVs and VIIIs are up there for me too. The Is and IIIs are really underrated to me for balling though. Really loved playing in my Black/Maize Is, and the IIIs felt awesome on feet even if they did have that waffle cone look.

The VIIs have been the only real disappointment to me in the line from I through VIII, which is kinda sad cuz I actually really like how they look. It's just that the comfort with them is so bad, at least for me, that I really have to knock them down a lot. I know a minority of dudes who really like them, but I can't wear them without my feet killing me.

In terms of on feet feel and 1:1 between the shoe and my foot, the Vs are actually still my top pick in terms of that. Still haven't had another shoe that locks in my foot quite so well, although the IVs and VIIIs are up there for me too. The Is and IIIs are really underrated to me for balling though. Really loved playing in my Black/Maize Is, and the IIIs felt awesome on feet even if they did have that waffle cone look.
i dont play bball in the 8s.. i lift and walk around with them when i run errands.. but there very llight..

i wore my 7s today and they hurt my feet after 

Back
Top Bottom