THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I also thought no one would want these, so i waited until the afternoon to get them. Everyone sold out of my 11.5 everywhere i went or called. Went to FTL Stonecrest and got the last 11.5.

Yea they do, nike doesn't own factories but contracts asian factories to produce products, these factories also are contracted by other companies to produce counterfeit products, and other things believe it or not

^^^^^ 100% correct
If it comes from the same factory and I assume the same molds, tools, etc are used , then why are replicas commonly off?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the show making process.

Yea they do, nike doesn't own factories but contracts asian factories to produce products, these factories also are contracted by other companies to produce counterfeit products, and other things believe it or not

:smh: If that's what you believe you obviously haven't been to china.

mean.gif
If that's what you believe you obviously haven't been to china
I have not been to China, but my understanding of the whole deal is Nike provides the legitimate, approved materials to make however many pairs of a given shoe. Leather, laces, outsoles, etc. Fakes come from the same factory that made the originals and has all the molds and lasts and what not, but said factory no longer has enough of the original materials to finish however many shoes. For instance, they might have laces left over for 2000 pairs, but they lack the leather in the dye lot that was used for the Nike version, so they source some leather that looks close. And on and on. So you have a shoe with legit laces, and maybe something else, or maybe not, but everything looks just a little off. Then I would guess there are some further distinctions to draw between b-grades, unauthorized, etc....

Extremely easy to buy legit shoes on Ebay. 

Only buy from sellers with tons of sales and 100% feedback.

Anything else and you're just asking to get scammed.

Tru that, I stick to 100% only as well.
I try to stick to 100% feedback as well, but you can buy from sellers that don't have 1000 sales and not get burned. Just look at what they have sold in the past, look at the product, see how reasonable it might be for them to be selling whatever it is. For example:

Dude selling DBIII's - first time selling, asking $300, claiming 100% legit. No thanks. Unlikely a guy who never uses EBay had copped a DBIII on RD (either time) and was just now selling it and needed the money so fast he was asking only $300. Or he didn't know what they were worth, but anyone with legit DBIII's knows what they worth. No way I'd buy from this guy.

I got my ASG's from some kid in Texas with relatively few sales, but he sold a lot of different things, and had sold shoes a few times. I looked over the whole situation and felt comfortable with it.

One of my best friends is over in Chine right now teaching kids english. Ill send him an imessage and have him swing by the local Nike factory he can get the skinny on things.

I actually look at the negatives, see what the complaint was. Sometimes it's no big deal.
ok got you. Sometimes it's just feedback is the only thing ppl look at when in reality you could be dealing with a bad guy with good feedback and vice versa

So i held a pair in hand a week ago or so. I like them per say, like compared to the brazils but for me if Im gonna rock some kobes that go with say red, white, or blue shirt then I would always bypass them and put on the Philippines. So for me it was a pass.

I am debating getting a pair of pop arts when they go on clearance or sale. I dont have those colors in kobes.

The MJ's are a much harder pass for me because I dont wear alot of purple but that sole is the bomb.com

So i held a pair in hand a week ago or so. I like them per say, like compared to the brazils but for me if Im gonna rock some kobes that go with say red, white, or blue shirt then I would always bypass them and put on the Philippines. So for me it was a pass.

I am debating getting a pair of pop arts when they go on clearance or sale. I dont have those colors in kobes.

The MJ's are a much harder pass for me because I dont wear alot of purple but that sole is the bomb.com
Agree 100% across the board here.

I need Philippines still, so no need to pick up the USA - same general colors, same blue outsole, just a better looking shoe (the Philippines).

I kinda like the camo of the pop art, just wish the outsole was different.

And for the "Pop Music" (or whatever, I refuse to call them __) the only reason I would get them is they are FK and the outsole. I own zero purple clothing.

so looking at upcoming releases, there no highs that have been announced, pretty disappointed precisions aren’t coming out.

Ok, I'm about to break down this whole counterfeit vs authentic, China, same factory deal for everyone. This is the WAY IT WORKS, no questions asked, having seen and experienced it first hand. The EXACT SAME factory is not producing the fakes, obviously Nike would not let that fly, and it in no way benefits the factory. I know low wages for factory workers is an issue, but those of you that think Nike isn't paying those factories, be it parent companies, mangers, the guys at the top of the food chain, etc handsomely for that exclusive contract are just misinformed. Many times factories even try and court these large corporations to produce their goods for them, providing their best possible samples and work to try and impress. Its not necessarily in Nike's best interest to move around and switch up places of production though.

There are also non-compete clauses in these contracts, and obviously its illegal for someone to make an item and sell it as something its not. Lots of factories produce multiple brands. I know Nike and Adidas aren't normally under the same roof, because Adidas is pretty protective and proud in the fact that they develop their own technology, as well as hostile towards Nike (and located in Europe). But something like Li Ning, or And1 (if they even still exist
grin.gif
) and various other companies can be, and are made in the same factory as Nike.

So what happens is other factories end up producing the fakes, many times actually out of the same materials because the raw materials are manufactured over there as well. You think Nike makes flyknit or hyperfuse in Oregon and ships that jank to China? 
roll.gif
 Nope, its all produced over there, sometimes even in conjunction with the same group of factories producing the shoes. Its not like everyone over there is all rainbows and sunshine and honest about it either, many times they sell information or the other factories go out and buy a shoe to try and reverse engineer at to produce a knock off.

Back
Top Bottom