THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
They actually look good on him there because of his hight. That's why the joke fflat. They only look like wrestling boots on short people. I think it's more of hight insecurity with the individual and not the shoes itself. Everyone has a issue with the Elite but very few have said there strait up ugly. Not a shoe for tiny men. Lol
I think that's why I like this shoe so much. Im 6'4 so the height of the shoe doesn't bother me. I generally get lots of compliments when im wearing my showtimes. People like what they like though and I got no problem with it.

I just think its funny when people go out of there way to bash it. I personally do not like the MC option at all but im not going in there trying to hate on it. I know lots of people like it and im cool with that.

roll.gif

I think you meant wrestling shoes

They actually look good on him there because of his hight. That's why the joke fell flat. They only look like wrestling boots on short people. I think it's more of hight insecurity with the individual and not the shoes itself. Everyone has a issue with the Elite but very few have said there strait up ugly. Not a shoe for tiny men. Lol
you misunderstand, my point is not one boxers has worn these to box in but a wrestler has wrestled in them, he also wrestled in the hi xx9, I've no prob with the hi's or the lows or the em's for that matter, I just don't see these as boxing shoes anymore but hey that's just me and whether they look good or not is subjective, I agree he looks fine in them but it has nothing to do with the height of a person but that's imho

Naw.... He just dissected the reasons you SAY you like Flyknit cause the REAL reason you like Flyknit is cause of hype. Admit it & you'll be fine. :D

Yeah, I'm all into hype cuz I own more Filas and Air Force's than anything else. Followed by Nike iD's. So yeah, I obviously buy into "hype". My favorite Jordan? The XVII. Tons of hype behind those right? Great job at proving your point at what you believe to be true. I don't play ball, haven't in over ten years, so idgaf what they perform like anymore. I buy what I like and nothing more.

View media item 1159669
I dont find them as clunky as most but they have a more rigid upper than the EMs, makes the fit a bit tight and Id say it will take a few ball sessions to "break" these in as the upper material is quite stiff.

Still the best CW imo but not the most comfort, Im interested to see where they go with the X.

Last edited:
you misunderstand, my point is not one boxers has worn these to box in but a wrestler has wrestled in them, he also wrestled in the hi xx9, I've no prob with the hi's or the lows or the em's for that matter, I just don't see these as boxing shoes anymore but hey that's just me and whether they look good or not is subjective, I agree he looks fine in them but it has nothing to do with the height of a person but that's imho

I got you. Sneakers are popular amongst the wrestling community. Shane McMahon has a huge collection and has worn Js in ring. There's a guy on Impact Wrestling that wears the Air Jordan 6s currently during matches. Hogan is a strait hype beast though. Lol

They actually look good on him there because of his hight. That's why the joke fell flat. They only look like wrestling boots on short people. I think it's more of hight insecurity with the individual and not the shoes itself. Everyone has a issue with the Elite but very few have said there strait up ugly. Not a shoe for tiny men. Lol
What's a hight haha

^^^^hogan is definitely the definition of a hype beast.

People sleep on kofi Kingston too his in ring kick collection is pretty dope.

If the China's are still sitting here in Houston when I get paid I might have to cop. The gold glitter on the toes are crazy in person

I got you. Sneakers are popular amongst the wrestling community. Shane McMahon has a huge collection and has worn Js in ring. There's a guy on Impact Wrestling that wears the Air Jordan 6s currently during matches. Hogan is a strait hype beast though. Lol
LOL yea its true. I know Cena has wrestled with some J's on as well. Guess that means we should make fun of them for being "wrestler shoes." I also have seen a boxer training in the fundamentals.

If anyone is in Vegas for the long weekend, China's still in stock at Fashion Show Mall FTL HoH.  Size 9 was on display, didn't ask what other sizes available.  Look decent in person.

If anyone is in Vegas for the long weekend, China's still in stock at Fashion Show Mall FTL HoH.  Size 9 was on display, didn't ask what other sizes available.  Look decent in person.
Just left Vegas Thursday .. Nothing there I wanted, bought a pair of flyknit 2s cuz the 1s I brought with me were line gone and I was on a bum foot walking the strip. There's a champs finishline and foot locker/hoh and shoe palace there

Nike in Caesars Palace Shoppes didn't have squat either

Last edited:
Fk runners are comfy but Kobe fk are NOTHING close to fk runners. This is coming from someone who puts in hours on the ball court in all his kicks.

I made the comment because I thought you were talking about the fk Kobe's. IMO they are the most over rated shoes in the line and for the reasons I posted. Ppl think they're great cause they want to believe nike actually gave them a quality product for the court, but in reality you got a hyper fuse shoe with flyknit glued on top. Not much tech in it after all.. Eh?[/quoteE

^^^Exactly this! Flyknit was designed for runners and just that. If you tried on the FK free's you know where I'm coming from. It wouldn't last in games of basketball alone and just tear. The problem comes from the hype people give towards the FK when it's less capable than the EM's performance wise "Doesn't stretch" and no more design wise for the price.

I still need to grab those. I was hoping theyd make it to discount status on FTL & co

Big mistake on my part

Back
Top Bottom