THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I would imagine that the 10's are set for February. I think the 8's lasted longer than normal because they used last year to space out the releases of the 3 signature lines.

I usually dont think of those release calendars as concrete. I always use them as guidelines. It does seem weird that we haven't seen any upcoming release.

I just noticed something. There is no september 31st this year, it stops at 30. Where is the link to this page?
http://basketrevolution.wordpress.com/sneaker-release-dates/

This website generally has pretty decent info about upcoming colorways, but I wouldn't put any stock into the exact release dates that they list. They sometimes get the month right, but the exact date is hit or miss. I'd use them just to peep any general info about upcoming colorways.

I don't think the 9s are going to go all the way until September/Fall 2015 since I remember seeing a leak for the 10s for February 2015, but it's not impossible. I know at least for the XX8s they gave it a longer shelf life partly because they wanted to reset the Jordan sig shoe's release calendar to start in September instead of February. That way more high school or college players could start playing with the XX9s starting right from the beginning of their seasons instead of midway through or toward the end. I'd guess if they extended the 9s' run, it'd have something to do with giving Kobe more time to actually play in and showcase the 9s on court since he hasn't even played in them in an NBA game.

I must have missed something. I thought the EXT has shiny "metal" shanks. How does @thapointguy  have CF? Photoshop?
he did a custom job on his using a sticker

I would imagine that the 10's are set for February. I think the 8's lasted longer than normal because they used last year to space out the releases of the 3 signature lines.

I usually dont think of those release calendars as concrete. I always use them as guidelines. It does seem weird that we haven't seen any upcoming release.
you are correct they went with a KD Summer, Lebron Fall, and Kobe Winter, kinda like how JB has went from beginning of the season to his Birthday and now back to the beginning of the season

Unless Kobe has issues with playing in the 9s (*cough cough LEBRON*), then I think Nike should keep the 9 alive for as long as possible.  Kobe has barely balled in them, and if Lakers make the playoffs (big IF there) then that may be a good time to unveil the 10.

EDIT: although now that I think about it, the playoffs would be a great time to release some new color ways for the 9 too....

Last edited:

Unless Kobe has issues with playing in the 9s (*cough cough LEBRON*), then I think Nike should keep the 9 alive for as long as possible.  Kobe has barely balled in them, and if Lakers make the playoffs (big IF there) then that may be a good time to unveil the 10.

EDIT: although now that I think about it, the playoffs would be a great time to release some new color ways for the 9 too....
although it sounds good its not nikes release schedule

Jordan never really wore the 9s on the court. Skipped them and went to the 10s because of his retirement. (he did wear them as cleats though..)

Last edited:

Jordan never really wore the 9s on the court. Skipped them and went to the 10s because of his retirement. (he did wear them as cleats though..)
why would kobe not wear the 9s on court, we've seen him working out in them and he seems to like them, yall wildin

why would kobe not wear the 9s on court, we've seen him working out in them and he seems to like them, yall wildin
Just all speculation, that's all.  Not saying release the 10 to the public, but just as a PE for Kobe, kind of like how Nike did for Jordan with the 11s and 14s.

For the sake of discussion, we all know Kobe wore the Prelude 1s for his first game back.  But what did Kobe wear for the other 5 games he played in last season?

Just all speculation, that's all.  Not saying release the 10 to the public, but just as a PE for Kobe, kind of like how Nike did for Jordan with the 11s and 14s.

For the sake of discussion, we all know Kobe wore the Prelude 1s for his first game back.  But what did Kobe wear for the other 5 games he played in last season?
December 10th vs PHO - PE Black/Purple PP 8

December 13th @ OKC - PE Graffiti 8 (yellow instead of green)

December 14th @ CHA - PE Black/Purple PP 8

December 16th @ ATL - Mine Grey 8

December 17th @ MEM - PE Black/Purple PP 8

Last edited:

December 10th vs PHO - PE Black/Purple PP 8

December 13th @ OKC - PE Graffiti 8 (yellow instead of green)

December 14th @ CHA - PE Black/Purple PP 8

December 16th @ ATL - Mine Grey 8

December 17th @ MEM - PE Black/Purple PP 8
@RyFP21  check out @realpromotagged on IG, he should have all of the limited or game worn pairs. 

at least the yellow grafitis and purple pp8.

I feel you, I expect to see the Xs for ASG

Back
Top Bottom