THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
It's different when it's a hightop bulky shoe (yeezy 1, air flight pump) stuff like that, these are very sleek, the ankle collar is thin, and the tongue is all big and floppy...I've said it before and will say it again, I would've prefered a tongue exactly like the Jordan 7's on these...the huarache type of tongue.

The Elites tongue and upper is much sleeker than your average high top basketball shoe. So I can see how some could have a little issue with their normal jeans and such.

Well, if you don't like the way they look on you...don't buy them. Perfectly understandable that you'd pick lows over the highs.

IDs just feel cheap IMO.
I have them already, gonna throw them up for sale one of these days...I haven't seen/had iD's in person yet, but we'll see when the Mamba Moments come in...I'd return/sell them easily too...

It's different when it's a hightop bulky shoe (yeezy 1, air flight pump) stuff like that, these are very sleek, the ankle collar is thin, and the tongue is all big and floppy...I've said it before and will say it again, I would've prefered a tongue exactly like the Jordan 7's on these...the huarache type of tongue.
The Elites tongue and upper is much sleeker than your average high top basketball shoe. So I can see how some could have a little issue with their normal jeans and such.
Yea..to me it defeats the purpose of having highs if you're just gonna put the jeans over the tongue etc. but it also looks tacky with the tongue flapping, or even poking out with the laces tied.

Hmm I guess. Had no issues wearing these with jeans, joggers, sweats at all. It's either tucked inside or over the top. Don't know how else you could wear them.

Height also comes into play with the highs...if you've got longer legs or you're just a taller guy, they tend to work better.

Height also comes into play with the highs...if you've got longer legs or you're just a taller guy, they tend to work better.

Exactly
yup, I'm 5'11...thicker legs (no ayo), but from muscle...idk...I'm willing to part with them easily. as much as I like them.

I can't see myself wearing jeans with them. I have some black Nike nylon pants with the zipper at the ankle I've waiting to wear with the Details. Influence and Perspective are summer sneakers IMO. I'll find shorts for those. The other two are a work in progress. I've seen some folks with jeans make em work though.

Yeah I'm just 6' (size 9.5) but have slender "chicken" legs I guess, my boy is 5'9" (wears same size) and he has a stocky build with wider calves, ankles etc and although he loves the shoe feels like he can't wear em cuz he can't pull em off without looking like he has short legs lol.. Personally the highs are my fave shoe to wear laced or busted

I'm confused as to what people mean about wearing them the right way or not being able to pull them off. Did highs just get invented this year? Wear em how you want, to hell what anybody else thinks.
Why doesn't everyone think this way? Well said and repped!

Do you tighten them when you lace them up cause if they are loose it could be the reason they flop a little bit. Or could just be a quality control issue on your pair. Haven't had that happen to any of mine. Even when you just have them sitting there the tongue flops?

I lace to the second to last eyelet, no flopping.

I'm 6'3"...(mostly torso) but I've got a few inches from the top of the shoe to the bottom of my calf muscle. And yeah I'm a skinny dude too, those are 511 jeans
laugh.gif

I lace to the second to last eyelet, no flopping.

I'm 6'3"...(mostly torso) but I've got a few inches from the top of the shoe to the bottom of my calf muscle. And yeah I'm a skinny dude too, those are 511 jeans
laugh.gif
this is how I rock my snakes, high and mid
pimp.gif

Hey everyone, this is officially my 2nd post in here and I'd like to know if you can fold the down the Kobes so they look like a mid? Has anyone done this and taken pictures?

Thanks in advance for your answers and let me remind you that I'm Redrum, Tigo and Venture's friend so I should be treated with some got dayum respect.

I generally just tuck the jeans or let them bunch up at the top. I tried to get a decent fold for that set of pictures but only the right leg looked how I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom