THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Hey everyone, this may come off as a rookie comment but please weigh in will any and all advice.... Ever since i was younger i always seemed to roll my ankles playing basketball. Even with wearing mids for the past 7 years i still have some bad experiences (minimal since the 2013 hyperdunk). Having said this, it seems as if the only decent options these days is to go with kobe 9 or 10 high or any other low top. Every one i ask on the court that wears lows says that they have no issue with ankle support and its more about the lock down of the shoe. Im looking to retire my busted up hyperdunks and need stories/testimony weather to stick with the actual physical support and go kobe x high, or kobe 9 or x low. Thanks!!!

Hey everyone, this may come off as a rookie comment but please weigh in will any and all advice.... Ever since i was younger i always seemed to roll my ankles playing basketball. Even with wearing mids for the past 7 years i still have some bad experiences (minimal since the 2013 hyperdunk). Having said this, it seems as if the only decent options these days is to go with kobe 9 or 10 high or any other low top. Every one i ask on the court that wears lows says that they have no issue with ankle support and its more about the lock down of the shoe. Im looking to retire my busted up hyperdunks and need stories/testimony weather to stick with the actual physical support and go kobe x high, or kobe 9 or x low. Thanks!!!

Sounds more like bad luck my brother. No shoe will prevent you from rolling your ankle. I have used lows to play ball since the kobe iv came out and I actually perfer it to mid. More freedom and I still feel the support. I would give them a try and see if you notice a difference.

Thanks my dude, there was a stretch like 10 years ago that they would roll every time i played (wearing some under armor *****) so as you can imagine I've been skeptical since then. But i feel like technology for shoes has come so far so i think i might try them out. Thanks again man!

Thanks my dude, there was a stretch like 10 years ago that they would roll every time i played (wearing some under armor *****) so as you can imagine I've been skeptical since then. But i feel like technology for shoes has come so far so i think i might try them out. Thanks again man!

Dam I feel your pain bro. When I was younger I used to roll them often also. I would recommend doing ankle strengthening exercises also to help you out.

some people's bodies are just prone to problems more so than others so you might not be able to get around it. The kobe 9/10s aren't really built solely around support, there are better options out there if that's what's plaguing you. Look for shoes made by the Ektio brand, they revolve around the sole issue of support and do incredibly well with it.

Dude tell me about it... Im an idiot tho, because when i was 15 and broke my ankle landing on someones foot, i didn't let it heal properly and sawed off the cast and now I'm forever plagued by tendentious in my Achilles 

as others stated, low or high don't matter.  you have to strengthen ur legs, starting with your feet.  wearing shoes weakens ur feet cause they hardly ever have to work.  with that said, kobe's are the best bball performance shoes ever! haha the little bump on the outside of the forefoot was an amazing tech and made a world of difference.  started with the 3's, but more pronounced from 4's and on

as others stated, low or high don't matter.  you have to strengthen ur legs, starting with your feet.  wearing shoes weakens ur feet cause they hardly ever have to work.  with that said, kobe's are the best bball performance shoes ever! haha the little bump on the outside of the forefoot was an amazing tech and made a world of difference.  started with the 3's, but more pronounced from 4's and on

Definitely start with strengthening the feet. Walk shoeless as much as possible and work balance and strengthening. One footed squats or balancing is a great place to start. As for lows, I actually have had problems rolling my ankle in shoes that are high off the ground regardless of height. A shoe like the kobe 9 will be fairly stable, as it is low to the ground.

Last edited:
Hmmm I'm really on the wall on getting the Kobe 9 elite high sequioa (orange).  I've been offered 135USD for them.  Do they go for less in nike outlets in US?

Hmmm I'm really on the wall on getting the Kobe 9 elite high sequioa (orange).  I've been offered 135USD for them.  Do they go for less in nike outlets in US?

Good price. Most highs at outlets are 179

The white/MC/gum HTMs are my favorite but a couple thousand for a pair of shoes is past my reality limit.

Need help asap guys, who can help me with a LC/PC on these mamba moments, . Seller wants $270 shipped, he says he wore them twice but the soles look pretty worn down for only two wears to me.

Back
Top Bottom