THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
the reseller scene is so crazy in NYC that it doesn't make a difference. It's to the point where all the resellers have connects at the store and know way before regular consumers. If you were in line at NTNY Monday morning, you would have witnessed this first hand. NTNY had a surprise restock. They didn't know how many shoes they had to the point where they made people stand outside in the freezing weather for a good 30 minutes before they even let anyone in because they were trying to figure out how to sell the shoes and the amount of inventory. While outside you could see all the resellers roll up and park in front of the store, pop their car hoods like their car broke down in the bus lane. Then they all give daps to the security guard and get in line. This is way before it even hit the internet that there were shoes at this location.

You think the resellers have time to wait for things to hit the internet? For them it's all about beating the crowd, aka inside connections.
hold up, the security guard was inside the whole time, he was good money, he didn't let anyone skip. While outside u gotta hold your spot down or else you'll get skipped, simple as that

no there was a dude outside the whole time. With no nike gear on.. And he let a couple guys go in before the line.

no there was a dude outside the whole time. With no nike gear on.. And he let a couple guys go in before the line.
yea, those three dudes were there. They got in right after me. Before that they let the 1st 7 ppl in line, there were a few other people there but they weren't in line

So how does the HoH raffle work? I've never done it and there is an HoH nearby that I could check out.

Do they have unlimited number for raffle tickets and if you win they'll contact you then you have the chance to buy? Can i just walk in the store and get a ticket or people line-up for the ticket too?

So how does the HoH raffle work? I've never done it and there is an HoH nearby that I could check out.

Do they have unlimited number for raffle tickets and if you win they'll contact you then you have the chance to buy? Can i just walk in the store and get a ticket or people line-up for the ticket too?
It's pretty much an unlimited number of tickets, and they'll call you the day before the release date to let you know if you won. You can pretty much just walk in and grab a ticket, but sometimes there's a line if a shoe is particularly popular (i.e. Black/Red Jordan I)

What y'all think long term? Not sure if I should keep another pair DS to have when I beat my current one. Will the lunarlon or any other part of the shoe crumble? Or do you guys think these are made to last (well.. Besides the thin outsole)?

Last edited:
the 9's lunarlon is a lot thicker than the 8s though. will probably bottom out too, but not nearly as soon. i think it's too early to have a "replacement" pair ready. you'll probably wind up falling in love with another CW before the life of this model is through anyway...

It's pretty much an unlimited number of tickets, and they'll call you the day before the release date to let you know if you won. You can pretty much just walk in and grab a ticket, but sometimes there's a line if a shoe is particularly popular (i.e. Black/Red Jordan I)

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'll try and get to the store today then and who knows, luck might be on my side.

Considerably higher lol
Stupid High!...

TURRIBLE. 
sick.gif

i feel that the height of the shoe serves no purpose beyond aesthetics. i love how the shoe looks, the detail of the flyknit, carbon fiber, etc. wearing them is awkward given the heigh. have not yet hooped in these yet, but for $225 they better be damn good on the court.

dont know why nike is pushing lunar for basketball when its clearly inferior to zoom or max

the 9's lunarlon is a lot thicker than the 8s though. will probably bottom out too, but not nearly as soon. i think it's too early to have a "replacement" pair ready. you'll probably wind up falling in love with another CW before the life of this model is through anyway...

Nah don't think so. Passing on all the future colorways though they are nice, i would still rather have masterpieces. But thanks for the info.

I'm new to all this, but I stressed hard trying to get the mp. Total fail, sadder is that I live walking distance from the NDC BRD in Memphis. No one locally had them, or so I was told. Resellers are too high, so what can I do to secure the ASG? I'm trying to cop bad

That's a terrible trade for whoever getting the MPs. Cmon son. Preference be damned, MPs are barely worth 1 of those in terms of $.

Back
Top Bottom