THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
surprised more people did not get inspirations....

Believe it. I live in Pensacola, FL. Our area doesn't receive anything. The closest is Mobile and even they're iffy on allocations. I'm not driving 5 hours to Atlanta. 11/10, it's online or bust. I can't use a bot because I'll get banned. I try to purchase in a legit manner online and I end up waiting in line and the shoe sells out.

So what happens? I either miss out or have to pay resell. Plus, you go get on IG and see folks with 5-10 pairs, charging rape.

Sorry for the rant. I guess my point was even these "GR's" aren't everywhere and some folks are legitimately unable to purchase kicks.

Yeah, it gets tired hearing these are everywhere or easy cop. It's literally a crap shoot unless you're cheating.

And they're not everywhere. Only 2 stores had them in Tampa. But if you're like drive an hour and change to Orlando. Or drive 4+ hours to Miami, it's not worth it, might as well pay resell.

I was able to get a pair on NDC but these were definitely sought after (like the KDs apparently).

I was one of 10 people that got to meet Kobe today at the Fox Hills Mall. The first 10 people in line for the Inspirations at HOH this morning were treated with this surprise! I'll post the pic when the Nike people email it to me. 

Mamba couldnt have been a cooler dude. Super friendly and attentive. Epic day for me today fellas!
awesome :smokin
This is the reason why I always try to be first in line, you never know what's in the store. I know number 11 must have been pissed :lol:
Did you get the kicks signed?

Picked up the Inspirations yesterday, and of course, now I feel bad for passing on the All Stars.

In terms of sizing, I guess I'll add my 2 cents:

There is plenty of room in the toebox. However, since the lockdown is so good, my foot still doesn't move around in these. I'd recommend TTS. It would be pretty tough to go half a size down IMO, as these run extremely narrow.

As bad as I want the Masterpieces, I feel ike the inspirations are the poor mans masterpiece and these new precisions are more "sulfur" like. 

What? None of this makes any sense.

Yeah, it gets tired hearing these are everywhere or easy cop. It's literally a crap shoot unless you're cheating.

And they're not everywhere. Only 2 stores had them in Tampa. But if you're like drive an hour and change to Orlando. Or drive 4+ hours to Miami, it's not worth it, might as well pay resell.

I was able to get a pair on NDC but these were definitely sought after (like the KDs apparently).

Yeah, these weren't in all Footlockers like a 8

It's not that big of a deal and I'm not really complaining, but the size difference in the boxes for my NRG pair and inspirations is ridiculous. So strange.

Also, if that Suns pair is the closest we get to a Lakers colorway... :smh: can't I get purple and yellow on one shoe without volt?

It's the color shift that happens with the flynit.

Not sure why some of you are complaining. They probably just had the upper match it.

They're probably realizing that unlike black and red, Laker colorways sit, because the average sneaker buyer doesn't get them. KD's colorways aren't exact OKC colors either.

Last edited:
Not a fan of that "Easter" pair. Nike is gonna ruin this shoe with too many terrible colorways :x

Didn't expect to buy inspirations at all, but yesterday when I went to first colony mall in sugar land, they had a full size run surprisingly. Associate said people wanted the KD VI Ligers instead. If anyones in the sugar land area or around houston, First Colony Mall should still have a bunch of them left. 

I've liked all of the 9's so far, in pictures.

Then when I see them in person, I don't like them anywhere near as much. Weird.

I like the suns and Easters but really sm just ready for lows... I also hope the fit and dead space issue is fixed on the lows or I won't be grabbing up too many pairs. Driving me nuts

awesome :smokin
This is the reason why I always try to be first in line, you never know what's in the store. I know number 11 must have been pissed :lol:
Did you get the kicks signed?

Crazy thing is...I was number 11! But to my luck, one of the first 10 was someone's little brother who was just tagging along and didn't buy the shoe. So when the employees called me in the store, they said, it's your lucky day!

We had a few hours to go home and change before the meeting so I could of grabbed a prelude or wtk for him to sign but the Nike reps asked us not to put him in that position. No autographs. What sucked was a few of the HOH employees got their shoes signed. Oh welll.

They also told us not to tell anyone until it was all over. Peeps would of been salty!

Crazy thing is...I was number 11! But to my luck, one of the first 10 was someone's little brother who was just tagging along and didn't buy the shoe. So when the employees called me in the store, they said, it's your lucky day!

We had a few hours to go home and change before the meeting so I could of grabbed a prelude or wtk for him to sign but the Nike reps asked us not to put him in that position. No autographs. What sucked was a few of the HOH employees got their shoes signed. Oh welll.

They also told us not to tell anyone until it was all over. Peeps would of been salty!
that's awesome man. I'm surprised nike reps and Kobe himself went to one specific store and did that. Number #12 must've been pissed :lol:

The first two pairs weren't easy to cop at all, but the inspirations were. All you had to do was type in the style code on Nike and refresh, I did that and waited in line for 15 seconds. Did the same thing with the ASGs, waiting in line longer than that but didn't use a bot for either one of them. TLO releases are almost impossible to get manually but non TLOs shouldn't be that hard to cop manually. 

Back
Top Bottom