THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Does anybody have a link on a pair of maestros in a 13?? It's the only one I need to complete my Kobe rainbow (save for the masterpieces, but lord knows I can't afford those)

Lol @ dudes who think sneaker store employees are supposed to know or care about sneaker nicknames....The majority just work there...The sneaker geek that knows every colorway by name is rare.

I am wearing elite socks. I can't go down half a size cause my toe touches in a size 11 ( which up until the Kobe 8, I was a size 11 in every shoe on the planet, 8 an 9 I have had to go up to size 11.5 cause my toe touches the end). They are just terrible shoes to play in IMO. Sickest looking shoe ever, but suck to play in. And I find the traction isn't that great. Its okay. I think the Jordan 28 traction was phenomenal, but also, with them, the carbon fibre digs into my ankle at every turn and hurts so bad.

I am wearing elite socks. I can't go down half a size cause my toe touches in a size 11 ( which up until the Kobe 8, I was a size 11 in every shoe on the planet, 8 an 9 I have had to go up to size 11.5 cause my toe touches the end). They are just terrible shoes to play in IMO. Sickest looking shoe ever, but suck to play in. And I find the traction isn't that great. Its okay. I think the Jordan 28 traction was phenomenal, but also, with them, the carbon fibre digs into my ankle at every turn and hurts so bad.

Besides the fitting issue. Did you have any problems with the 8s?

Lol @ dudes who think sneaker store employees are supposed to know or care about sneaker nicknames....The majority just work there...The sneaker geek that knows every colorway by name is rare.

I work retail at a gun store and I am expected to know every product I'm selling. I don't think it's too much to expect the same of other salesman that want to sell me something?

I work retail at a gun store and I am expected to know every product I'm selling. I don't think it's too much to expect the same of other salesman that want to sell me something?

Well im a former finishline associate an i knew nicknames...(obviously). But generally, nicknames arent really official so i can somewhat understand.... BUT some of these associates are 100% clueless

Well im a former finishline associate an i knew nicknames...(obviously). But generally, nicknames arent really official so i can somewhat understand.... BUT some of these associates are 100% clueless

Yeah i get what you mean. my main point was that these guys had no idea what they were selling sometimes and they have no idea if they can locate stock and they just walk away instead of answering me haha

When Kobe 5s came out, I walked in footlocker and asked if they had em. Dude said no. I looked over his shoulder and said, there they are right there... Dude told me they're not Kobe 5s :stoneface:

When Kobe 5s came out, I walked in footlocker and asked if they had em. Dude said no. I looked over his shoulder and said, there they are right there... Dude told me they're not Kobe 5s :stoneface:

Haha ohhh man he probably felt like the biggest idiot on earth[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Here in Australia I've never had a problem with employees not knowing what shoes I'm talking about most seem to have an interest in sneakers.

Last edited:
I remember chaos v sitting in tons of malls. Why didn't I purchase more at the time ... The good ol days..

Most of the time in my experience the employees have no idea what shoe names are, or much of anything. as much as a lot of us shoe heads know every nickname and release date. I would just not count on them to know much, otherwise you'll be dissapointed. As much as they SHOULD know cuz it's their job, they don't (for whatever reason maybe too many products.. Or just lazy who knows, so you should try to know what you want to ask before heading to malls and do your own research ahead of time for this very reason IMO

Last edited:
When Kobe 5s came out, I walked in footlocker and asked if they had em. Dude said no. I looked over his shoulder and said, there they are right there... Dude told me they're not Kobe 5s :

Lol Footlocker at the Ontario Mills has same issue. I called today and literally had to say the date and basic colors of the Kobe 9 lows and they still didn't know. I had to have them put someone else on the phone to confirm haha

the worst kind of employees are the know-it-all's who try to stunt on you with some kind of "sneaker head superiority" by attempting to educate you or act like you don't know anything about sneakers and the game…all the while stating inaccurate information/talking out of their ***….it's like breh i been doing this, there's nothing you can tell me i don't already know…pipe down unless i ask for your input. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yup. One dude didnt even let me try on the bruce lees. Only the ones on display. Needless to say I only return things to that Ftl now.

the worst kind of employees are the know-it-all's who try to stunt on you with some kind of "sneaker head superiority" by attempting to educate you or act like you don't know anything about sneakers and the game…all the while stating inaccurate information/talking out of their ***….it's like breh i been doing this, there's nothing you can tell me i don't already know…pipe down unless i ask for your input. :lol:  

couldn't have said it any better myself. man I swear when they start trying to tell me things, "hype" me up with retro talk, and other stuff it's the worst.

Heros are surprisingly nice in person. The clear gel-like midsole was a pleasant surprise.

Same here! Wasnt planning to cop but when i saw it thats it.. Was my mall shoes today.

Oh and the purple swoosh kinda changes colour with lighting.

Last edited:
couldn't have said it any better myself. man I swear when they start trying to tell me things, "hype" me up with retro talk, and other stuff it's the worst.

Guess I've been kinda lucky most times... the only thing the FTL employees would hype up to me is insoles any time I was there to buy a Jordan retro years ago... one even said, "they'll feel like bricks on your feet without these!" :lol:

But as we all know, he was actually speaking the truth. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom