THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
@SnottieDrippen

Hows your high top collection looking like? Did you end up picking up the victories or legacies?

No ended up passing on both, just kinda forgettable imo compared to the earlier run of highs.. The legacies are clean just wish they'd have used a different outsole color same with the victories.. Neither are bad just don't have to have em

I got all the highs except the aforementioned new colors, NRG and influence

I hope your right for my wallets sake. Honestly I think were in the calm before the storm. All I need is the precisions to come out and im good. Maybe another good elite low cw also.

IM GOOD ON THE 9'S. HELL I WASNT SUPPOSED TO COP VICTORIES BUT MY SIZE WAS AVAILABLE FOR CHEAP...SO F IT!

BUT YEA, WE'LL SEE IF THIS LINE HEATS BACK UP IN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO.

No ended up passing on both, just kinda forgettable imo compared to the earlier run of highs.. The legacies are clean just wish they'd have used a different outsole color same with the victories.. Neither are bad just don't have to have em

I got all the highs except the aforementioned new colors, NRG and influence
So you have the Elite "Hero" and "Showtime" yet think of the "Legacy" as forgettable.
Seriously? The previous two are easily the weakest of the Elite High lineup.

So you have the Elite "Hero" and "Showtime" yet think of the "Legacy" as forgettable.

Well that's why we all have opinions.. Of the ones I have the Showtimes would be the "weakest" to me..
The newest ones aren't bad it's just the white outsoles dilute what could've been a lot more fly, if they would've peppered in some other color with the legacies upper it would've set them off, nothing loud or outrageous but the finished effect is just uninspired, it's a solid blue shoe with a white outsole.. The legacies as well are robbed of what they could've been with the white outsole.. They both remind me of the xx8 se solid color releases that had white outsoles just missing something

the only pair of kobe ix's I have purchased is the snakeskin EXT's.

none of the other called for a purchase from me (except the MP's but those were damn near impossible to find) and I've been payin attention to them since the first colorway surfaced way back.

anyway, im glad you all hate em. I know exactly what kinda traffic comes through nike basketball threads and I kno exactly what type of shoes you guys eat up. I decided a year and 1/2 ago that im done with THOSE TYPE's of shoes.

I have changed the type of shoes I buy over and i was 2nd thinkin payin the price I paid for the snakeskin EXT's. the fact that everyone in THIS thread hates em just lets me kno I picked the right ix to purchase.

I now know that any shoe that receives a mass amount of hate in a nike basketball thread is PERFECT for me.

thanks...
I get what your trying to say, I believe to shorten your comment you mean that your done with the hype shoes that everyone buys and goes more for the unique won't see on 50leven peoples feet which is why I buy a lot more reebok and adidas than nike at this point screw the heard follow my own drumline beat
Buying a ugly shoe because everybody thinks it's ugly.
The only ppl who bought it are hypes.
I missed out, but I don't think this shoe was hyped all, ugly shoes are rarely "hyped" I buy what I like and I love exts regardless of what everyone else thinks of them

So for those that play in these religiously, How would you rank the recent Kobe line in terms of on-court performance?

Ive played in the 4s, 5s, 6s, and 9s(highs and ext mids). I would rank them:

Kobe IV - Still the best traction imo. Even better than the 9s, or at least on par.  Most comfortable pair for my wide*** feet.

Kobe VI - Runs a bit small, but solid fit once broken in. Good traction, but kinda inflexible in the arch area.

Kobe IX - The highs are unplayable to me. Ive owned 3 pair, none felt stable enough to finish a game in. Seems to be a very narrow shoe. Rated above the 5's because im sure its just my foot thats the problem, and I like the ext's mid's alot.. its just not a pure hoop shoe. You can tell after a few play through's.

Kobe V  - Traction is kinda poor, but a comfortable shoe for a pickup game, a jog, a workout.  Ive owned the same pair for 5 years or so.  Still holding up.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of the EXT 8's, or the Elite 7's as well.  Never tried either pair.

Last edited:

So for those that play in these religiously, How would you rank the recent Kobe line in terms of on-court performance?

Ive played in the 4s, 5s, 6s, and 9s(highs and ext mids). I would rank them:

Kobe IV - Still the best traction imo. Even better than the 9s, or at least on par.  Most comfortable pair for my wide*** feet.

Kobe VI - Runs a bit small, but solid fit once broken in. Good traction, but kinda inflexible in the arch area.

Kobe IX - The highs are unplayable to me. Ive owned 3 pair, none felt stable enough to finish a game in. Seems to be a very narrow shoe. Rated above the 5's because im sure its just my foot thats the problem, and I like the ext's mid's alot.. its just not a pure hoop shoe. You can tell after a few play through's.

Kobe V  - Traction is kinda poor, but a comfortable shoe for a pickup game, a jog, a workout.  Ive owned the same pair for 5 years or so.  Still holding up.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of the EXT 8's, or the Elite 7's as well.  Never tried either pair.
Same as you, I've played in all the lowcuts except the 7s and 8s. 

I gotta say the IVs are the all time best shoes i've balled in followed by the Vs. The 9s are comfortable though (own the EM) and the 6s are really tight for a long while. So I gotta say 4 > 5 > 9 > 6

Here You go. The Volt and Volt-Splatter are both 72". The white's 63" i believe (due to that being the longest length available otherwise i'm cool with the 73" in case i chose to lace 'em all the way up). 

I laid the laces out for proper visibility; You be the judge. I also found the white (waxed) laces to be a little too rigid. hopefully i'll break 'em in with time. 

*More in spoilers

And by the way, what suit the shoes best? Any word  folks? Out of curiosity of what y'all think. 
Where did you order your laces from? 
Love the braves with the white laces 

I did not cop the Hero or Showtime, bu that was because I don't really care for purple based CW's in the case of the Showtime, and I felt the "Hero" CW was a giant fail compared to the LeBron "Hero" which at least looked like a specific hero. Both shoes suffer from the serious failing of the IX line, the grey/white outsole.
Well that's why we all have opinions.. Of the ones I have the Showtimes would be the "weakest" to me..
The newest ones aren't bad it's just the white outsoles dilute what could've been a lot more fly, if they would've peppered in some other color with the legacies upper it would've set them off, nothing loud or outrageous but the finished effect is just uninspired, it's a solid blue shoe with a white outsole.. The legacies as well are robbed of what they could've been with the white outsole.. They both remind me of the xx8 se solid color releases that had white outsoles just missing something
Despite copping the Legacy, I agree with you. I keep bringing it up, and I really think it is just a huge fail on Nike's part. The outsoles have been uncreative and repetitive. Many CW's would have benefitted greatly from a more creative outsole. I mean, WTF, does Kobe have a white/grey outsole fetish and requests them? Is the upgraded ID software they use for creating CW's broken and only offering white/grey? Did they have to use a tricky glitch method to get the clear soles on the Cobalt, Moonwalkers, Philippines and USA's?

I realize there have been non white/grey outsoles, but some have just been a few shades from those colors, and many that were not white/grey were just as uncreative - those 4 crappy tonal EM Premiums for instance.

Ridiculous.

I actually don't think the TBs will release. Starting with the 7, we have seen 'premium' team banks (the elite color way TB 7s, the Philippines pack 8s and the fractal 9s) and not the standard TBs.

The 7 and the 8 TBs hit outlets way after the runs were over or almost over in massive quantities and had no actual release date or retail release. I assume the 9 will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom