THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
^^my god they're some tourniquet type of ****.
He's asphyxiating. From his feet.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lakers won't trade for him if they can sign him outright as a free agent.

I'm also a Celts fan, but I'd gladly takes Nash's expiring and Julius Randle for Rondo. Can't build around him

ok ok give us randle and we're talking :smokin im still pissed we took smart over randle, just terrible.

Finally got a chance to play ball in a pair of my 9s (EM iD that I got months ago :lol:). I might rank these ahead of the 8 in terms of immediately out of the box.

Last edited:
I can't believe how this thread has come to a halt.
1. Turrible EXT releases

2. No amazing elite low releases

I don't like criticizing Nike since they're a multi-billion dollar company, but you'd think when it came to the signature shoe of one of their most famous athletes, they'd give the buyers something they wanted (HTM release as a GR..., MC id, restock the masterpieces, better elite lows, EXTs that don't look like roof tar). I dunno though.

Jordan Hill's expiring contract, future draft picks, and Julius Randall is probably what Boston would want in a trade.

that is definitely something I would consider. But i want the C's to just resign rondo, its crazy how much flack he catches around here.

1. Turrible EXT releases
The EXT releases are not for everybody, and not easy wears. But I do not think they are terrible. Looking at recent LeBron and KD EXT's, these are not too far out of line with them (2 Fragment suede KDs, the Floral, and the LeBron 11 EXTs - which were in fact bad), just a bit one dimensional. While not the Corks, at least none of these EXT's have pastel colors like the LeBron 10's Denim/Hazelnut. 

2. No amazing elite low releases
Again, don't completely agree. While I wish we got an MC GR, I liked 66.6% of the GR Elite Lows. I am not sure I would of went for a Mineral Teal or whatever Elite Low. I think the Beethoven and Thriller are pretty amazing, but yeah, the ball was dropped on the FK low possibilities. But, some would say that is where the ID possibilities come in. Personally, beside the MC which is gone, I would only ID black or grey - haven't seen any of the other colors I thought looked good.

I don't like criticizing Nike since they're a multi-billion dollar company, but you'd think when it came to the signature shoe of one of their most famous athletes, they'd give the buyers something they wanted (HTM release as a GR..., MC id, restock the masterpieces, better elite lows, EXTs that don't look like roof tar). I dunno though.
Eh.

HTM releases are HTM - and they are coveted for their limitedness. If they were a full GR they would in fact not be as special. Could Nike sell far more than they do? Yeah. So I am not sure why they don't sell 2x as many, but, oh well. When some of the exclusive Nike Vault Kobe stuff released, it was very very limited. While not everyone who wanted them got them, if it had been a full GR pairs would have sat. But it was still TOO limited. But limitedness has been a staple of the Kobe line for a while. Despite being one of their biggest name athletes he sells less units than KD or LeBron but his market seems to support limited releases quite well. Things being limited makes us want them, and when we get them it makes the shoe in question feel special (c'mon - you know it does). Limited drives the hype and the obsession.

I do think not having the MC ID available full time is another fail, but again, it drives the limited hype train, and the people who got them know they got something special. Full time availability gives most people what they want, but makes a lot of people who got in under the wire on the MC ID"s feel ripped off when they re-drop.

Same with the MP - going back into production on a limited release that symbolizes the whole 9 line makes the people who were quick to get them or paid $500+ feel played. Not the answer. Could they have made a few more - yes. Constant re-releasing or overproduction of something is diminishing returns for everyone. If everyone could get it no one would want it - look at the Easter, Pop Art, or Brazil EM's.

Elite lows and EXT's I commented on above. I don't think everything was handled perfect, but it IS a great run for the IX - 5 models, lots of CW's, some classics, and the Elite High model of the shoe will be remembered for years. 

Are XDR elites fake or did Nike release XDR versions in some countries?

Last edited:
The EXT releases are not for everybody, and not easy wears. But I do not think they are terrible. Looking at recent LeBron and KD EXT's, these are not too far out of line with them (2 Fragment suede KDs, the Floral, and the LeBron 11 EXTs - which were in fact bad), just a bit one dimensional. While not the Corks, at least none of these EXT's have pastel colors like the LeBron 10's Denim/Hazelnut. 

Again, don't completely agree. While I wish we got an MC GR, I liked 66.6% of the GR Elite Lows. I am not sure I would of went for a Mineral Teal or whatever Elite Low. I think the Beethoven and Thriller are pretty amazing, but yeah, the ball was dropped on the FK low possibilities. But, some would say that is where the ID possibilities come in. Personally, beside the MC which is gone, I would only ID black or grey - haven't seen any of the other colors I thought looked good.

Eh.

HTM releases are HTM - and they are coveted for their limitedness. If they were a full GR they would in fact not be as special. Could Nike sell far more than they do? Yeah. So I am not sure why they don't sell 2x as many, but, oh well. When some of the exclusive Nike Vault Kobe stuff released, it was very very limited. While not everyone who wanted them got them, if it had been a full GR pairs would have sat. But it was still TOO limited. But limitedness has been a staple of the Kobe line for a while. Despite being one of their biggest name athletes he sells less units than KD or LeBron but his market seems to support limited releases quite well. Things being limited makes us want them, and when we get them it makes the shoe in question feel special (c'mon - you know it does). Limited drives the hype and the obsession.

I do think not having the MC ID available full time is another fail, but again, it drives the limited hype train, and the people who got them know they got something special. Full time availability gives most people what they want, but makes a lot of people who got in under the wire on the MC ID"s feel ripped off when they re-drop.

Same with the MP - going back into production on a limited release that symbolizes the whole 9 line makes the people who were quick to get them or paid $500+ feel played. Not the answer. Could they have made a few more - yes. Constant re-releasing or overproduction of something is diminishing returns for everyone. If everyone could get it no one would want it - look at the Easter, Pop Art, or Brazil EM's.

Elite lows and EXT's I commented on above. I don't think everything was handled perfect, but it IS a great run for the IX - 5 models, lots of CW's, some classics, and the Elite High model of the shoe will be remembered for years. 
I think the biggest example of this was the peach jams... went for at least 800 on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom