THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Did anyone have their 9 highs chopped and use them for balling? Thinking about doing it to my maestros but I'm not sure if the ankle lockdown will still be good enough to hoop in
Had mine chopped but never used them to ball. I would not suggest playing in them though.

I got them off eBay. Pretty sure they are TBs, but I thought TBs counted as GRs. :lol:

Might have just been the few listings I'd seen of the colorway, but they had things like "rare,"  "unreleased," and "sample" in the listings and I'm not sure if that's true so I figured I'd ask.

TB's can be unreleased or they can be GR's. Most of the Kobe TB's that were sold at retail were sold through Eastbay and/or the Nike web site.

TB's that were not released to the public generally find there way to the outlets. A lot of KOBE TB colorways were made for special events or college /high school programs.

Many Kobe TB's that were not GR's will often have a 9999999999 on the label indicating they were not intended for the public. They often do not have that rip off perforated retail price on the box either.

At times you will see Ebay sellers claiming the 9999999999 tagged Kobe's are Promo Samples or Player Exclusives which is absolutely not true. It only means that Nike didn't issue an identifying number for that particular item.

Next time you are in one of the outlets and you see a Kobe TB have a look at the box and the label.

In fact my outlet in NJ (Jersey Gardens) is presently selling a White/Grey Kobe X TB with the 99999999999 in the label and no retail price. They had well over a hundred pairs about two weeks ago and they still have pairs as of 2 days ago.

Anyway, I hope that helps explain the TB Kobe's.

TB's can be unreleased or they can be GR's. Most of the Kobe TB's that were sold at retail were sold through Eastbay and/or the Nike web site.

TB's that were not released to the public generally find there way to the outlets. A lot of KOBE TB colorways were made for special events or college /high school programs.

Many Kobe TB's that were not GR's will often have a 9999999999 on the label indicating they were not intended for the public. They often do not have that rip off perforated retail price on the box either.

At times you will see Ebay sellers claiming the 9999999999 tagged Kobe's are Promo Samples or Player Exclusives which is absolutely not true. It only means that Nike didn't issue an identifying number for that particular item.

Next time you are in one of the outlets and you see a Kobe TB have a look at the box and the label.

In fact my outlet in NJ (Jersey Gardens) is presently selling a White/Grey Kobe X TB with the 99999999999 in the label and no retail price. They had well over a hundred pairs about two weeks ago and they still have pairs as of 2 days ago.

Anyway, I hope that helps explain the TB Kobe's.
Thanks for the info! My pair doesn't have the 9s on the label so I guess they are GRs.

Is there anyone on here that's tried to cut a slot on the bottom of the lunarlon to fit a pair of those full length zoom bags from ebay?

Copped a pair of Mentality 2's to practice on, would like some guidance if it exists.

Last edited:

Is there anyone on here that's tried to cut a slot on the bottom of the lunarlon to fit a pair of those full length zoom bags from ebay?

Copped a pair of Mentality 2's to practice on, would like some guidance if it exists.
there are photos of it in the thread. seems to be a very hard task to do

Not worth it imo. Almost sliced my hand open trying that. It's a very hard foam to cut evenly.

I just put it underneath the lunarlon and after a while the lunarlon has molded around it. you may not have room for that though
It molds into it completely? Did you set it in place with adhesive beforehand?

I might try this, but a few drops of superglue to set it into place.

Last edited:

It molds into it completely? Did you set it in place with adhesive beforehand?

I might try this, but a few drops of superglue to set it into place.
thats a really good idea to superglue as it does seem to slide around a bit. I think I got a size large and there was still alot of room. It doesn't mold completely around but definitely indents to almost flush after probably 10-20 wears

but those Elite 9s gives as much ankle protection as the lows :lol:

plus I think he was wearing the 9s even before he sprained his ankle

Last edited:
but those Elite 9s gives as much ankle protection as the lows
laugh.gif

plus I think he was wearing the 9s even before he sprained his ankle
Oh I know, but not everyone does. Could even be a mental thing for him. It's funny, I actually sprained my ankle a week ago landing on someone's foot and everyone I played with blamed my 9 lows and told me that's why they wear high tops. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom