The Official Kobe X iD thread

either will do a univ red lining and/or swoosh and volt tongue..
Sounds dope, hopefully they give us some decent options to play with 
happy.gif

Grinches look good.  

Wish they would give a green midsole and actual volt or translucent volt sole option to go with the upper, but doubt it will stop me from ordering at least 1 pair.  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I returned 2 pairs of MC to the outlet yesterday (in Orange, CA) bc I wasn't happy with the darker weave. Came back today just to see if they MIGHT be on the shelf at a discounted price.

I think I'll keep them this time around.
When I returned my Mambacolors to the Nikestore in Chicago, I asked what they did with the returns, already knowing they hit the outlets at a discounted price. But the lady told me they grind up the shoes and turn it into football turf when they build fields for schools.

Not sure if srs.

Last edited:
If the sole is available in Volt I might double up. One with the white sole and one with the volt. These look crazy nice in the rendering.

When I returned my Mambacolors to the Nikestore in Chicago, I asked what they did with the returns, already knowing they hit the outlets at a discounted price. But the lady told me they grind up the shoes and turn it into football turf when they build fields for schools.

Not sure if srs.

That might be the best lie I've ever heard a Nike employee telling a customer.

Damn i hope the royal blue pops back up before these come down.. definitely make a pair with it as the base. 

Tomorrow will be interesting to see the Coal Hearted aka Grinches - they will be so tempting with the 20% off NDC code I have for a product mistake made a while ago (I didn't ask for it Nike just sent it to me surprisingly which is a classy move on their part).  I was thinking of using it on some other things but it may not last. 

I just looked at the site, how does it work, I saw something about jet cash.

Just mail in your order confirm to them and they note it. After 30 days i think it clears and you can spend it on jet.com like cash. I just started doing this on the 72-10's.... so none of my orders cleared.

I returned 2 pairs of MC to the outlet yesterday (in Orange, CA) bc I wasn't happy with the darker weave. Came back today just to see if they MIGHT be on the shelf at a discounted price.

roll.gif
 Oh ****. Somebody can order 2 of the same pairs from NDC, return one to a Nikestore, go back the next day hoping it's on the shelf. If not, then oh well - you only wanted one pair and were willing to pay full price anyway. If it is on the shelf, purchase it at discount and return the other pair for the full refund. I wonder how many people have done this already since I doubt somebody goes into the Nikestore looking to spend $180.00 on a pair of shoes. 

Last edited:
Rule: When the Grinches hit ID tomorrow, don't post the same no imagination pair 20 times in this thread unless you made any changes

nice! some may say this is shady but Nike totally deserves this for taking shortcuts on the painted medial. $140 should've been the real price for any non-grey medials.

Probably going to order the Grinch ID's tomorrow, and these will be my first pair of X's. Can anyone give me some input on sizing. The IX's were a little snug in my true size (13), but were a little too long in the size 14. And of course, they don't offer 13.5. So, are the X's the same? Or will the 13 be more of a true size 13 fit?

If you have a discover card, discover deals is offering 15% cashback until the new year.  

Always used them in the past and it's usually a great deal.

I got a Discover card just because you guys always talked about the cash back they offer with Nike.

Probably going to order the Grinch ID's tomorrow, and these will be my first pair of X's. Can anyone give me some input on sizing. The IX's were a little snug in my true size (13), but were a little too long in the size 14. And of course, they don't offer 13.5. So, are the X's the same? Or will the 13 be more of a true size 13 fit?
Man it's really hard to say. Some people said the Flyknit NikeID for the Kobe X were small and to order half a size up. And some people said TTS was fine for them. So it really varies because everybody has different comfort levels. I personally ended up going TTS for the Multicolor Kobe X NikeID. It ended up being the perfect fit for me to wear casually and for when I hoop since it wasn't too tight and wasn't too loose. 

Last edited:

One of my iD elite X's fits TTS (and also feels more soft/flexible) while another pair is definitely tighter (and stiff/firm). Not sure why the construction is so different. Role of the dice I guess.

Back
Top Bottom