The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Anyone buy Pages? Is it as good as Microsoft word? Thanks.

Yes, I absolutely love it!
I like it much better than word, in terms of simplicity.
I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Also has anyone sent their mbp charger to be replaced?
I have applecare and I was wondering if apple will replace my broken charger.
I did not break it on purpose, after a year of wear and tear, the charger broke.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by chris steez

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Western Digital.

Candybar.

I wouldn't reccomend western digitl, my h.d. didnt even last a year...they have a TERRIBLE life span...but then again what do i know
I recommend doing this....for those that dont use there optical drive.

western digital

super fast.
I'm a little confused

You replaced your CD/DVD drive with an SSD? or moved the SSD to where the HDD was and the HDD to where the CD Drive was?

What is the point of two drive locations?
Looks interesting

Got the "Service Battery" warning today on my mid 2009 pro. Anyone have experience with the generic batteries? Or should I not even waste my time/money and just cop the battery from Apple? Thanks!

Originally Posted by simpliSD

Got the "Service Battery" warning today on my mid 2009 pro. Anyone have experience with the generic batteries? Or should I not even waste my time/money and just cop the battery from Apple? Thanks!

this

The optical drive rip out and SSD install is a great idea. But I would suggest getting a smaller SSD and just installing the OS on it.

Does anyone have iTunes server set up? If so let me know how you like it and what common issues you face. I am thinking about doing it.

Guys, my macbook battery is trippin balls

It suddenly dies and goes straight to 0% out of nowhere. It has done it twice now. Is this screaming "Replace battery"? And is replacing a battery yourself, hard?

thanks macbros

Is there anyway to tighten the screen so it isnt flimsy? Sometimes I mistakenly grab my MBP by the screen and its a bit loose now.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

It suddenly dies and goes straight to 0% out of nowhere. It has done it twice now. Is this screaming "Replace battery"? And is replacing a battery yourself, hard?

thanks macbros

how old is the battery?

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

thanks macbros

how old is the battery?

3 1/2 years

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

thanks macbros

how old is the battery?

3 1/2 years

time for a new battery bud

Originally Posted by megatron

I wouldn't reccomend western digitl, my h.d. didnt even last a year...they have a TERRIBLE life span...but then again what do i know

western digital

super fast.
I'm a little confused

You replaced your CD/DVD drive with an SSD? or moved the SSD to where the HDD was and the HDD to where the CD Drive was?

Looks interesting
can someone school me on this?
instructions?

price?

Western Digital.

Candybar.

super fast.
Do you think doing this would lower the re-sell value? I think I might hop on a 64gb SSD for the OS and try this if the speed increase is very noticeable. I always plan to use my optical drive for dvd's but I end up just using my xbox or streaming something so I guess I don't really need it.

western digital
super fast.
I'm a little confused

Looks interesting

Yeah, I barely use my cd/dvd drive.
I moved the ssd where the hd was.  The ssd I used for the operating system and application.  Boots up in 14 seconds and is fast.  The hd I use for storage files.

I use this laptop for photoshop, audio and video editing.  I need the speed and space.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

digital

super fast.
I'm a little confused

Looks interesting
can someone school me on this?
instructions?

price?
Its very easy to do. I ton of videos on youtube.  Took me 10min.
Price can very.  You dont need an ssd you can use a hd or a momentus xt.  Hard drive prices went up a bit.

Total for my upgrade was $400.

about $200 for ssd

$17 for hard drive caddy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...f=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

$100 for WD 750 gb drive.   Now it $235  since the flood.  Crazy

http://www.amazon.com/Wes...id=1321220039&sr=1-1

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

super fast.
Do you think doing this would lower the re-sell value? I think I might hop on a 64gb SSD for the OS and try this if the speed increase is very noticeable. I always plan to use my optical drive for dvd's but I end up just using my xbox or streaming something so I guess I don't really need it.
No, because you can alway put the drive back.  64gb would be fine for the operating system.  The only reason why I did 256gb because I use adobe suite, logic, pro tools, and a bunch of production software.   I still have 100gb free from the ssd since my file go on to the harddrive.
Its so fast I can never go back to a regular HD.   When i get my imac Im going to do the same thing, except you can keep your optical.

Good looking out on the SSD + HDD combo info. I'll be looking into this a bit more. Black Friday is around the corner also, hopefully I can scoop up a SSD
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

super fast.
No, because you can alway put the drive back.  64gb would be fine for the operating system.  The only reason why I did 256gb because I use adobe suite, logic, pro tools, and a bunch of production software.   I still have 100gb free from the ssd since my file go on to the harddrive.
Its so fast I can never go back to a regular HD.   When i get my imac Im going to do the same thing, except you can keep your optical.
Good looking on the info. I'll probably try this during thanksgiving weekend If I can get a deal on a good SSD. I already upgraded my ram to 8gb so with this I should be good with my MBP for a while. I figure this will void the warranty right?

yeah I did the 8gb too. But trust me once you do this it will feel like a new machine. No more beach ball...flash crashing.

It wouldn't as long as you put everything back where you got it. Trust me very simple. You can pm me if you ever have question.

Apple Launches iTunes Match with Release of iTunes 10.5.1

Monday November 14, 2011 9:27 am PST by Eric Slivka
Coming several weeks late, Apple has just now officially launched iTunes Match to customers in the United States. The iTunes Match launch is facilitated by the release of iTunes 10.5.1, which now allows users to subscribe to the $25/year service offering cloud-based matching and upload of users' complete iTunes libraries. iTunes 10.5.1 is available via Software Update and the iTunes download page.

Apple had apparently initially intended iTunes Match to launch by mid-October as part of iTunes 10.5 as seen in a number of developer betas, but the company removed the feature from iTunes 10.5 for the public release, giving it a few more weeks to complete work on the service. Even so, Apple missed its stated launch target of "end of October" and did not provide an updated timeframe for the iTunes Match debut once the target was missed, although the company continued testing with a new developer beta of iTunes 10.5.1 just this past weekend.

iTunes Match is a U.S.-only service for the time being, although the company is reportedly working hard to secure licensing to details to expand availability to other countries. iTunes Store users in a number of countries have been greeted with a "coming soon" tag on iTunes Match promo listings in their country-specific stores, suggesting that Apple is optimistic regarding expansion of the service in the relatively near future.

http://www.macrumors.com/...elease-of-itunes-10-5-1/

how much does a new battery cost?

About $130 at the Apple Store. They sell some at Amazon for cheaper but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I'm looking to get a new battery for my macbook also. Mine only get a little over an hour
30t6p3b.gif

how much does a new battery cost?

About $130 at the Apple Store. They sell some at Amazon for cheaper but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I'm looking to get a new battery for my macbook also. Mine only get a little over an hour
30t6p3b.gif

$130? Dang...but my macbook is asking for one, i wanted an xbox too 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom