The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

after about 2 and a half years my macbook pro broke down last week. shut off, made a hissing sounds from the harddrive area, and then smoke started coming outfrom under the keyboard
frown.gif
took it into the genius bar but i swear theyre all idiots. they took my comp to the back, opened it up, and still didnt know whathappened to it.
laugh.gif
anyways, the thing wont even get a power supply anymore. the mobo and power supply must be wrecked. in other news, ill be picking up the24inch imac sometime soon to replace it
pimp.gif

is there an app that i can sync the iPhone calendar to iCal and sync other such apps, similar to Mobile Me?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

u can sync ical with your iphone already

Yeah but I'm trying to sync the iphone calendar TO iCal. Last time i synced it, it erased everything i had on the iphone calendar because it synced iCal toiphone calendar.

whenever i've put in anything on my iphone calendar it has always synced up to iCal. you sure u have your settings right?

Make sure you dont have that option selected where all the data on the phone is erased and replaced with only the comp data.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

That's a good question you raised? Where's The Dreamer...er I mean ElderWatsonDiggs...........

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DC. Looks like KneeNoh set him on the right direction.
Don't think I don't notice those colors in your sig homie. Haha.

Cwrite, you are not lying, I almost feel guilty when taking a new Apple product out the box, they are packaged so immaculately. Anybody else feel a little anxiety like they are Un DS'ing their Macs when you break the sticker seal on the clear plastic that wraps the computer?

Lastly I need that Rosetta Stone language software, but dang $500 for all three levels is kinda steep. Wonder if that lil BITttie named TORRie can help me out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know, I just had to say what's up to the other side of 1911.
But, I too, would like to know what's good with the Stone of Rosetta en espanol.

apple's packaging almost makes you forget you're over paying. i purchased some in-ear headphones and they're too neat to take out the box
laugh.gif

u aint lying cwrite.... their presentation always has me like
eek.gif

i be feeling like im unveiling something great
roll.gif

does this sound like a good deal? (i need a new laptop and desktop.. i have a new hdtv to use as a monitor)

mac mini = 822.95 (the new one.. 2.0ghz, 4gb ram, 120GB(have an external) <--- need some simple.. refuse to buy a imac!
macbook = 850.00 (refurbished.. 13.3", 1GB ram, 120GB) <-- not looking for much..

Is there a reason why u NEED both? For what you are spending you can get a better macbook or iMac

Is there a reason why u NEED both? For what you are spending you can get a better macbook or iMac
i do a lot of traveling.. and also i use my laptop to take notes in class.. but i need a desktop for family and i.

Can some one recommend me a good external hard drive, not to much sound etc. 1Tb or higher, thanks.

also if you know a good program to compress files to send via email, and if you can school me how to do it, that would be
pimp.gif

lacie, western digital, g tech are all good and some what cheap. and u can compress files already from your mac. just right click or hit command + click on thefile and hit "compress"

do you know how i can save a video off the internet or do i have to download it?
like a youtube video or something.

da doc posted tubesock( it's like 1 or 2 pages back) or something like that that'll let u download off youtube. PM him about it

Originally Posted by just reason

i do a lot of traveling.. and also i use my laptop to take notes in class.. but i need a desktop for family and i.

i see, well.. personally I think the mac mini is too expensive for it's specs. but uh, go for it since you don't want an iMac.

lacie, western digital, g tech are all good and some what cheap. and u can compress files already from your mac. just right click or hit command + click on the file and hit "compress"

those r 2 that i have used as well

Paragon NTFS for Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X 7.0
Break down the barriers between Windows and Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS!

Including the new MacBrowser for Windows, NTFS for Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X provides a unique complete solution and creates an effective two-way communication channel between Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X and Windows. Effectively you get two products in one: You can browse contents, read and modify files, copy and create new files and folders on both file systems with both operating systems!

Features and benefits:

MacBrowser
A unique tool to browse contents, create new files and folders, read, modify and copy files on Mac[emoji]174[/emoji]-disks via a special folder in Windows
Improved NTFS Performance under Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X
Unprecedented high level of performance for Windows volumes with the same transfer rate as with the native Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS file system.
Full read/write access to Windows volumes
NTFS for Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X provides full access (read/write, format etc.) to Windows volumes.
All NTFS versions support
Supports all versions of the Windows file system NTFS - from Windows NT 3.1 to Windows Vista (NTFS versions 1.2, 3.0 and 3.1).
Exceptional ease of use
Mount the Windows partitions as native ones - just install the driver and access your Windows partitions as desired.
Stability
The driver provides transparent access to Windows drives as Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X-native, and achieves an unprecedented stability even under heavy workload.

More info:
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

TextTwist 2

gamecp9.png

http://www.gamehouse.com/mac-games/macintosh-texttwist-2

Features:
• Unlimited Play
• Over 25,000 Words to Form
• Three All-New Game Modes
• Two Classic Game Modes
• Amazing Full Screen Graphics

Twist again with TextTwist 2 for Mac, the amazing sequel to one of the most popular word games of all time. Shuffle letters to form words in three all-new game modes and two of your favorites! Find the word that uses all of the letters as fast as you can in Lightning mode, complete a crossword puzzle using a limited number of letters in Crossword mode, or try the new daily challenge in Word of the Day mode featuring a new group of letters every day! For classic twisting fun try your hand at the original Timed and Untimed modes. Super TextTwist revolutionized casual word games. Now, TextTwist 2 for Mac takes it to the next level. Featuring more than 25,000 words to find, amazing new graphics, and nearly endless family fun, TextTwist 2 for Mac is a must-have for word game fans.

EarthDesk 4.7

20090317-cg1y227fb5m3cgasy34ds34h3.png

EarthDesk replaces your static desktop picture with a rendered image of Earth showing correct sun, moon and city illumination.

20090317-cnwdkmk1g6yni2rgfd5b1mmmwp.png

With an internet connection, EarthDesk displays real-time global cloud cover, allowing users to track hurricanes and typhoons, or simply admire our beautiful planet. User options allow you to adjust the overall transparency of the cloud layer.

• Eleven different projections.
  • Political, enhanced satellite and natural maps.
  • Zoom from 50% to 400%.
  • City lights appear at night.
  • Atlas contains 10,000 cities.
  • EarthDesk gives you numerous options for configuring the map images placed on your desktop.
  • EarthDesk fully supports multiple displays and uses very little processor resources, running silently in the background. Universal Binary too!

More info:
http://www.timepalette.com/earthdesk.php

TypeIt4Me v.4.1.1

2qs8bus.jpg

Info: http://ettoresoftware.com...are/About_TypeIt4Me.html
DL: http://ettoresoftware.com/download/TypeIt4MeInstaller.dmg

TypeIt4Me expands your abbreviations as you type, and works in all applications, not just one. It also lets you define meaningful abbreviations, so you cantype them naturally, as part of your writing, without memorizing - or reaching for - obscure ctrl-cmd-xyz combinations.

Anytime you enter text in your Mac by typing it at the keyboard, TypeIt4Me can help you do it faster and more accurately. First you define a number ofabbreviations and the full text entries that they represent, then you watch the Mac expand them on the fly even as you continue typing!

BluePhoneElite2 v.2.1.1 build 2769

Call and text on your Bluetooth mobile phone... from your Mac

Dial and receive calls
Use your computer's microphone and speakers like a Bluetooth hands-free device!
Phone to computer call-log synchronization
Incoming call notification with caller ID and customizable alerts
On-screen call controls and duration tracking
Search and export call details with notes

Manage text messages
Access messages when phone is not connected
Message changes synchronize when phone connects
Organize messages in local folders
Incoming message notification
Searchable database supports 100,000+ messages

Integrate and customize
Extendable plug-in architecture
Phone number lookup from most Bluetooth phones and Apple's Address Book application
Integration with OS X features: AppleScript, Spotlight, Speech Synthesis and more...
Integration with Apple apps: Address Book, iCal, iChat, iTunes and more...
Status menu and programmable hot-keys provide fast access from any application

Back
Top Bottom