The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I have a Powerbook G4 and I've been told I need a new Hard Drive. Will I lose all my songs on my iTunes? Thanks in advance.

does anybody know of any free tutorials for logic express that show the basics?....i did some googling and could only find ones that are a more advanced thanmy skill level.
basically what i mean by basic is never used it before.....

Originally Posted by KBizzle1

I have a Powerbook G4 and I've been told I need a new Hard Drive. Will I lose all my songs on my iTunes? Thanks in advance.
iTunes has a often overlooked backup feature. Depending on how much music you have it may be agood idea. Ok you have the G4. If you have a DVD-Burner it may be worth it. If not you'll be using plenty of CD-R's.

Anyway go to itunes, then go to the File dropdown menu, then go to Library, then go to Back-Up disc. It will look likethis.
2d1x17s.jpg

Select the first option and then put in the discs. It's very simple, but depending on how big your collection is, itmay take sometime. Good thing about it is when you restore it to your new hardrive it preserves your playlists and metadata perfectly.

The other way is to synch your ipod one last time before switching harddrives and then use Senuti to upload the songs fromyour iPod to the iTunes on your new HDD.

ipod would be the fastest and easiest IMO. Senuti lets you uses it's program 8 times (full program) before you have to purchase it.

Originally Posted by kix2mny

how do I un-install the Safari Beta 4 -

I want to go back to 3
it came with an uninstall package if you dl'ed from apple, if you dont have it, download it again

anybody ever feel like they have problems with airport? when i first got my macbook everything was fine, video's streamed with no buffering, picturesloaded instantly.
now it seems like airport is dropping my connection periodically, so pictures are loading slowly and streaming video buffers more than normal or just stops,its frustrating.

Apparently Apple is reintroducing the 17inch iMac at $899 for education purposes. I wonder if the general public would be aple to buy it? Seems like a goodbuy.

Originally Posted by Late80s

Apparently Apple is reintroducing the 17inch iMac at $899 for education purposes. I wonder if the general public would be aple to buy it? Seems like a good buy.

i need that 24inch joint........

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Apparently Apple is reintroducing the 17inch iMac at $899 for education purposes. I wonder if the general public would be aple to buy it? Seems like a good buy.

i saw that yesterday and i hugged it. i want it but its just a wiiiiiiidddddle bit outta my price range right now. maybe i'll split the cost and put in ona CC

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

i saw that yesterday and i hugged it. i want it but its just a wiiiiiiidddddle bit outta my price range right now. maybe i'll split the cost and put in on a CC
not a good time to live beyond your means man.... be patient and cop it when you have the cash
wink.gif

if they do, hopefully they'll bump the specs on the mac mini to make it worthy as a media center pc. If not, I don't see why anybody would get a macmini.

So I'm tryna watch a movie using itunes and it plays but then the audio is slower than the vid or vice versa...any1 else ever have this problem???

download VLC player and see it if does it on that, if it does.. something is wrong with the file. if it doesn't.. well, you now have a better media player.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

download VLC player and see it if does it on that, if it does.. something is wrong with the file. if it doesn't.. well, you now have a better media player.

Can i do that if i bought it on itunes? well it was free but still via itunes

ah, u got it from itunes? then that's odd if it's not synced. have u restarted your computer? usually a restart fixes w/e is going wrong on a mac
laugh.gif

Lol. Well it happens once in a blue moon when im watcing podcasts. But I bought a dvd and it came with a digital copy download code via itunes....and i have iton here it just glitches

that's weird, i've had the same problem but on my xbox.. the video wouldn't sync with the audio because my tv was on 1080p.. had to bring it downto 480 to work. but i've never had that problem on my mac

For those with wireless keyboards and mouse, do you have a battery charger? My battery for my mouse lasted no time. If you are not using rechargeablebatteries, what type of batteries are you using? Also ... for those of you who are not using the mighty mouse, what mouse are you using. I HATE apple'smouse.

just copped a white macbook
pimp.gif
not really feeling the aluminum anyway
and cwrite.. the mac mini could wait till the summer.

Back
Top Bottom