The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

PTGui Pro 8.0
img3_1220748863a.png

http://www.ptgui.com/

PTGui is panoramic stitching software for Windows and Mac OSX. Originally developed as a Graphical UserInterface for Panorama Tools (hence the name), PTGui now is a full featured photo stitchingapplication.

Just released: PTGui and PTGui Pro 8.0: real-time blending preview, faster stitching, GPS support and more...
(see version history)

Use PTGui to stitch any number of photos into a panoramic image. Some benefits of PTGui, when compared to other stitchingsoftware:
  • PTGui can stitch multiple rows of images
  • Create 360 degree cylindrical panoramas, 'flat' partial panoramas and even spherical 360x180 degree panoramas
  • No need to keep the camera level: PTGui can stitch rotated and tilted images
  • Virtually unlimited output size: create Gigapixel panoramas from hundreds of images!
  • Layered output allows full control over the final stitched result
  • PTGui stitches most panoramas fully automatically, but at the same time provides full manual control over every single parameter. This enables stitching of 'difficult' scenes, where other programs fail.
  • Full 16 bit workflow for best image quality

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Man this sucks, so I can never play a DVD off my Laptop onto my HDTV WITH sound.
frown.gif

basically, yes. but im guessing you have a ps3/xbox so i dont see why you cant use those. and, if you have a xbox and want to play downloaded/ripped movies onto your xbox (so you'll be able to see it on w/e tv your xbox is connected to) you can use connect360 and you'll be able to network your mac with your system. there is a way to do the same on ps3 but i dont remember how. but i believe i saw it on either gizmodo or engadget.. you can check them out if you want
I'm trying to stream avi files on my mac to my xbox360. downloaded trial versions of connect360 and rivet but neither one of them seems torecognize anything but itunes and iphoto stuff. will full versions of either connect360 or rivet allow me to stream avis from any folder on my mac? do I needto set up portforwarding on the router? what am I missing here?
thanks ahead for any help..

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Man this sucks, so I can never play a DVD off my Laptop onto my HDTV WITH sound.
frown.gif

basically, yes. but im guessing you have a ps3/xbox so i dont see why you cant use those. and, if you have a xbox and want to play downloaded/ripped movies onto your xbox (so you'll be able to see it on w/e tv your xbox is connected to) you can use connect360 and you'll be able to network your mac with your system. there is a way to do the same on ps3 but i dont remember how. but i believe i saw it on either gizmodo or engadget.. you can check them out if you want
I'm trying to stream avi files on my mac to my xbox360. downloaded trial versions of connect360 and rivet but neither one of them seems to recognize anything but itunes and iphoto stuff. will full versions of either connect360 or rivet allow me to stream avis from any folder on my mac? do I need to set up portforwarding on the router? what am I missing here?
thanks ahead for any help..

choose the folder u want to stream from the settings

what are the MUST HAVE apps for a mac and what are some dope tips to customize the dekstop...widgets,icons etc...i just got a macbook pro

yeah, it's awesome. i just wish it would show folders and not everything in one folder. it's a pain scrolling to find a movie/tv show

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

TextTwist 2

gamecp9.png

http://www.gamehouse.com/mac-games/macintosh-texttwist-2

Features:
• Unlimited Play
• Over 25,000 Words to Form
• Three All-New Game Modes
• Two Classic Game Modes
• Amazing Full Screen Graphics

Twist again with TextTwist 2 for Mac, the amazing sequel to one of the most popular word games of all time. Shuffle letters to form words in three all-new game modes and two of your favorites! Find the word that uses all of the letters as fast as you can in Lightning mode, complete a crossword puzzle using a limited number of letters in Crossword mode, or try the new daily challenge in Word of the Day mode featuring a new group of letters every day! For classic twisting fun try your hand at the original Timed and Untimed modes. Super TextTwist revolutionized casual word games. Now, TextTwist 2 for Mac takes it to the next level. Featuring more than 25,000 words to find, amazing new graphics, and nearly endless family fun, TextTwist 2 for Mac is a must-have for word game fans.

i thought i was the only one that played Text Twist. But seriously i want a free download of Text Twist & Text Twist 2

Originally Posted by chris steez

what are the MUST HAVE apps for a mac and what are some dope tips to customize the dekstop...widgets,icons etc...i just got a macbook pro

I replied to your last post with some links on pg. 62 man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chris steez

lol o my fault ^^ lol ill go peep but ummm whats the best p2p downloading app fr macs?

I use Azureus but i heard Acquisition is pretty good too, haven't tried it though.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

TextTwist 2

gamecp9.png

http://www.gamehouse.com/mac-games/macintosh-texttwist-2

Features:
• Unlimited Play
• Over 25,000 Words to Form
• Three All-New Game Modes
• Two Classic Game Modes
• Amazing Full Screen Graphics

Twist again with TextTwist 2 for Mac, the amazing sequel to one of the most popular word games of all time. Shuffle letters to form words in three all-new game modes and two of your favorites! Find the word that uses all of the letters as fast as you can in Lightning mode, complete a crossword puzzle using a limited number of letters in Crossword mode, or try the new daily challenge in Word of the Day mode featuring a new group of letters every day! For classic twisting fun try your hand at the original Timed and Untimed modes. Super TextTwist revolutionized casual word games. Now, TextTwist 2 for Mac takes it to the next level. Featuring more than 25,000 words to find, amazing new graphics, and nearly endless family fun, TextTwist 2 for Mac is a must-have for word game fans.
i thought i was the only one that played Text Twist. But seriously i want a free download of Text Twist & Text Twist 2

i love playing text twist..
laugh.gif

HDTV Converter

20090319-6e8mgacy731xh51fgyjxuyu7d.jpg

All digital cameras save images in a special JPG format, which conforms to DCF specifications. DCF stand for "Digital Still Camera Image File Format Standard" (JEIDA-49).

Most (all?) HDTV photo players, such as the excellent Panasonic[emoji]174[/emoji] Photo Player, and most (all?) LCD picture frames, which accept camera memory cards, and convert the images on the cards for display on HDTV monitors or LCD picture frames, refuse to display images, which have been edited in photo editors, such as Photoshop[emoji]174[/emoji], created from RAW camera files, or created by film scanners, because these images are not DCF compliant.

The HDTV Converter changes these edited images back into a DCF compliant format. The HDTV Converter takes any JPG or TIFF image, and converts it into a high quality size-optimized image in one of three formats.

(1) When using the HDTV Full-Size format, you can select the vertical crop of the image that you want to see in wide-screen format. In this mode, portrait size images, panoramic images with an aspect ration greater than 16:9, and images too small to be converted into the HDTV format without up-scaling, will automatically converted in letterboxed HDTV format.

(2) The HDTV letterboxed original-aspect-ratio mode is ideal for portrait format images, panorama images with an aspect ratio greater than 16:9, or for images, which for artistic reasons, you want to display in the original aspect ratio.

(3) The non-letterboxed original-aspect-ratio mode is best for images intended to be shown on digital photo frames, which have 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio display panels.

The HDTV Converter also creates a new DCF compliant preview thumb, and inserts it into each converted image. You can chose the thumb format to be in the standard 4:3 aspect ratio, or in the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Images created by high-quality digital cameras, such as DSLRs, contain many more pixels than can be displayed on a high-definition TV or digital photo frame. If you copy these camera images onto a memory card for use in a HDTV photo player, the large files will fill up the card rapidly, but contribute nothing to the image quality. And unless your camera has the capability to take images in the 16:9 format, and you have used that format, your images will not even fill the screen. The HDTV Converter will convert these camera images into the more efficient 16:9 aspect ratio, 1820x1080 pixel HDTV format.

The conversion can be done one image at a time, or in batch mode with up to 400 images per batch.

Of course, you can also use the HDTV Converter to convert unedited images from your camera into a 16:9 aspect ration 1820x1080 pixel HDTV format.

At this time, the HDTV Converter software is available only for Macintosh[emoji]174[/emoji] computers.

http://vavsoft.com/HDTV_Converter.html

20090309-riweb8k14p3eej4k9dgj9w9whs.png

CopyPaste is the original multiple clip utility for the Mac. CopyPaste Pro is the latest version and is a complete rewrite and update. CopyPaste has been massively popular since its first release. What has made it so widely appreciated? Usefulness. CopyPaste magnifies and multiplies the usefulness of the humble clipboard.

http://scriptsoftware.com/copypaste/

170716-hd_movies_500.png

Apple today announced that they are now offering high-definition movie sales and rentals through the iTunes Store.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]Starting today, movie fans can purchase box office blockbusters for download in HD for $19.99 from iTunes, and films will be available as iTunes Movie Rentals in HD for $4.99 within 30 days after release. Customers can enjoy these films in HD on their Mac or PC and on their widescreen TV with Apple TV, as well as in standard definition on their iPhone or iPod with video.[/td] [/tr][/table]
A dedicated HD Movies page has been added to the iTunes Store [iTunes] to highlight the new content. Pre-orders for the James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" and the thriller "Twilight" are currently being featured, with additional movies already available.

Previously, Apple had only offered high-definition movie rentals through the Apple TV in January 2008 and added support for high-definition TV shows via iTunes in September 2008.

Article Link: Apple Announces Release of HD Movie Sales and Rentals via iTunes

AlleyInsider speculates that licensing changes to Blu-Ray could pave the way to Mac support for the High Definition drives.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]A new licence will be established by mid-2009 as a "one-stop shop" for device makers. The licence will include all necessary Blu-ray, DVD and CD patents for selling Blu-ray players. The licensing programme will be handled by a new licensing company to be led by Gerald Rosenthal, former head of intellectual property at IBM. It will be based in the US, but will have local branches in Asia, Europe and Latin America.[/td] [/tr][/table]
The new streamlined process will reportedly cut the total cost of royalty payments by 40 percent. Apple's Steve Jobs specifically cited complicated licensing issues as one of the hurdles to adopting Blu-Ray in Apple's own computers.

Of interest, Apple's recent inclusion of HDCP copy protection in their newest laptops could also help pave the way for support of the HD disc format.

Article Link:
Blu-ray Licensing to Get Easier and Cheaper http://www.macrumors.com/2009/02/27/blu-ray-licensing-to-get-easier-and-cheaper/

In an article making a broad sweep of claims,
SmartHouse revives rumors that Apple will be moving its computer and iPhone/iPod touch displays to OLED technology, claiming that a representative of display manufacturer LG has confirmed the news.

According to the source, OLED technology will be making its way into Apple's entire lineup of displays, from notebooks and standalone displays to the iPhone and iPod touch. SmartHouse also cites another source claiming that Apple has already created a prototype netbook using an OLED display.

In addition, SmartHouse reports on OLED touchscreen-based notebooks under consideration by Apple:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Sources in Taiwan told ChannelNews last month that Apple were looking at an OLED based notebook that will also incorporate new touch screen technology. Now sources in Korea are saying that this information is correct and that one area where LG has been testing OLED panels is in the area of touch sensitivity and "leave behind finger marks".

The sources claim that in recent testing OLED screens used on a notebook attracted "body oils and sweat" when a finger was constantly used on a screen. LG believe that by adding a layer in the manufacturing process that they can eliminate "finger marking".
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Finally, SmartHouse's sources point to a "wafer thin" OLED screen capable of interfacing with an Apple TV-like product, although no additional details on this are provided.

While the reduced power consumption and superior contrast ratio of OLEDs when compared to traditional LCDs and LEDs have made such a move an attractive rumor since at least 2003, Apple has yet to adopt the technology in any of its products. Pricing and various technical challenges such as limited lifetimes of the organic components in OLEDs are typically regarded as the most significant barrier to adoption.

The sheer number of claims offered, along with a lack of detail and the revival of a long-standing yet unfulfilled rumor, lead us to be skeptical of these assertions, so we have published this story on Page 2 for interest and discussion.

Article Link:
Apple Preparing to Use OLED Displays for iPhone and Computers? http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/19/apple-preparing-to-use-oled-displays-for-iphone-and-computers/

i hope the OLED rumor is true. maybe the phone will be made thin enough to where they can add a physical keyboard for a "pro" type iphone. and anetbook would be awesome.

i hope the OLED rumor is true. maybe the phone will be made thin enough to where they can add a physical keyboard for a "pro" type iphone. and a netbook would be awesome.
i like ur way of thinking C

i hope the OLED rumor is true. maybe the phone will be made thin enough to where they can add a physical keyboard for a "pro" type iphone. and a netbook would be awesome.
True, except for the fact that it has been well publicized Steve Jobs disdain for extrabuttons in reference to mobile devices, hence the minimalist design of the iPhone.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

True, except for the fact that it has been well publicized Steve Jobs disdain for extra buttons in reference to mobile devices, hence the minimalist design of the iPhone.

that's true, was just wishful thinking lol. but i wonder how long it'll take apple to come out with a "pro" iphone or a "pro" ipodtouch.

Back
Top Bottom