The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

same waiting but til December more than likely b/c my board reviews are in Nov.

expanded my choices to SWO. My OAR is terrible at 40. I still qualify (min is 35) but my recruiter is saying for best chances, I should score 50+ and have my last retake coming up in Sept. I guess what I have going for me is the # of officers that have been helping and vouching for me. She said she has never had a candidate with as many people stepping up for me but we'll see how it goes.

I'm considering Reserves and then trying to get a direct commission (still very difficult) after a few years.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

lets bump this im almost outta here in less than 2 weeks

random thought: do they have nikes and jordans at the base exchange
nikes - yes, jordans- no, at least not at the BX in Eglin AFB

....no Jordans on Eglin anymore? what happened?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Last few times I went I saw nada. Haven't been in a few months, though.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Last few times I went I saw nada. Haven't been in a few months, though.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

expanded my choices to SWO. My OAR is terrible at 40. I still qualify (min is 35) but my recruiter is saying for best chances, I should score 50+ and have my last retake coming up in Sept. I guess what I have going for me is the # of officers that have been helping and vouching for me. She said she has never had a candidate with as many people stepping up for me but we'll see how it goes.

I'm considering Reserves and then trying to get a direct commission (still very difficult) after a few years.
yeah same boat. i might call it quits...im getting old. lol if i dont get picked up this fall im just going to focus on finding a better job and moving back to la.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

yeah same boat. i might call it quits...im getting old. lol if i dont get picked up this fall im just going to focus on finding a better job and moving back to la.

First time poster in this thread.

Hoping to get into the Navy. Going back to MEPs on Thurs. to try and get a job.

Started this back in April with my ASVAB testing, got an "ok" score but I qualified job(s) I wanted. Went to MEPs two weeks ago for my physical/medical, talked with the classifier but was told they're only looking for NUKE at that time/that day.

First time poster in this thread.

Hoping to get into the Navy. Going back to MEPs on Thurs. to try and get a job.

Started this back in April with my ASVAB testing, got an "ok" score but I qualified job(s) I wanted. Went to MEPs two weeks ago for my physical/medical, talked with the classifier but was told they're only looking for NUKE at that time/that day.

10 days for me
pimp.gif

I don't post here often but I'm in the same boat as alot of you guys. I'm applying for Navy OCS. I have a decent GPA (3.1) from a good school (UGA) and an average OAR score (51) and am Excellent-Middle for most of the PT stuff. I'm a black male is that matters. I've got some good recs including one from an Army Captain I'm close with too. The recruiter says he likes my chances but I'm not sure what that really even means at this stage in the game. I graduated college in December of last year and because talking with the recruiter at the beginning of February. The thing that's really frustrating me in the seemingly endless wait and being completely out of the loop. I don't know if they're gonna look at my application this year or next year and I have no idea what my chances actually are. I was hoping to go this year but it looks like it'll end up being some time next year (at the earliest). Honestly, I'm on the verge of saying forget it and pursuing other career options.

I don't post here often but I'm in the same boat as alot of you guys. I'm applying for Navy OCS. I have a decent GPA (3.1) from a good school (UGA) and an average OAR score (51) and am Excellent-Middle for most of the PT stuff. I'm a black male is that matters. I've got some good recs including one from an Army Captain I'm close with too. The recruiter says he likes my chances but I'm not sure what that really even means at this stage in the game. I graduated college in December of last year and because talking with the recruiter at the beginning of February. The thing that's really frustrating me in the seemingly endless wait and being completely out of the loop. I don't know if they're gonna look at my application this year or next year and I have no idea what my chances actually are. I was hoping to go this year but it looks like it'll end up being some time next year (at the earliest). Honestly, I'm on the verge of saying forget it and pursuing other career options.

Looking to get into the National Guard SMP program this winter. Im going to be finished with my Associates in Nov/Dec. Wondering what to expect I've already started to get my physical fitness togetheir as well as started preparing for the asvab

Looking to get into the National Guard SMP program this winter. Im going to be finished with my Associates in Nov/Dec. Wondering what to expect I've already started to get my physical fitness togetheir as well as started preparing for the asvab

Sole and ATL don't give up...I think you guys have better chances then I do for OCS for just getting in.

For just getting in and getting an unrestricted line commission (SWO, Subs, or Aviation communities), you guys have seem to have decent ASTB scores, which matter a lot. Restricted line stuff (PA, Intel/SW, Supply, and others) often require interviews + ASTB scores. Like I mentioned, my OAR is low at 40 but I am going to really push for some personal recs from any contacts I have/may meet. My package DL is Oct. 1 for the Nov. board reviews.

If I don't get the PA spot, my next choice is SWO, but based on my OAR, I think I will get passed up for SWO.

Sole and ATL don't give up...I think you guys have better chances then I do for OCS for just getting in.

For just getting in and getting an unrestricted line commission (SWO, Subs, or Aviation communities), you guys have seem to have decent ASTB scores, which matter a lot. Restricted line stuff (PA, Intel/SW, Supply, and others) often require interviews + ASTB scores. Like I mentioned, my OAR is low at 40 but I am going to really push for some personal recs from any contacts I have/may meet. My package DL is Oct. 1 for the Nov. board reviews.

If I don't get the PA spot, my next choice is SWO, but based on my OAR, I think I will get passed up for SWO.

Taking my ASVAB this friday, got an 82 on the practice test..I'm wanting to go somewhere into the intelligence field or Air Traffic Control. I was considering MP but read a ton of horror stories about it online, so I'm backing off of that one. I'm 23 and I have a wife and 2 boys (3 and 9 months), hopefully this will get me my life going a little bit, sick of being at $10-$13 an hour jobs. Want to get some career skills and finish school. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Taking my ASVAB this friday, got an 82 on the practice test..I'm wanting to go somewhere into the intelligence field or Air Traffic Control. I was considering MP but read a ton of horror stories about it online, so I'm backing off of that one. I'm 23 and I have a wife and 2 boys (3 and 9 months), hopefully this will get me my life going a little bit, sick of being at $10-$13 an hour jobs. Want to get some career skills and finish school. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!

i hope ur pkg goes through because i heard initially that they are looking at the ppl who applied early spring before boards were closed...my oar sucked. but im a black female and hopefully there is a need for me somewhere...and everything else in my pkg was good...comm serv, lors, etc. yall should check out usnavyocs.com awesome forum. its in gods hands either this or bust.

i hope ur pkg goes through because i heard initially that they are looking at the ppl who applied early spring before boards were closed...my oar sucked. but im a black female and hopefully there is a need for me somewhere...and everything else in my pkg was good...comm serv, lors, etc. yall should check out usnavyocs.com awesome forum. its in gods hands either this or bust.

Back
Top Bottom