The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Mentioned it while I was venting in the Air Max 1 thread...anyone else thinking that Nike should have included the AM 90 DQM Bacon in the top 100 AM bring back list?

Mentioned it while I was venting in the Air Max 1 thread...anyone else thinking that Nike should have included the AM 90 DQM Bacon in the top 100 AM bring back list?
 i see its validity but not personally invested in it.  hufquake shouldve been the 90s top runner (no pun intended).  also shouldve gotten rid of all that hyperfuse garbo.  

Last edited:

I concur. Bacons, clerks and unions should've been on that list. Don't really care for the hufquakes since I still have yet to wear mine

^ these are just summit white and lyon blue leather?  highly doubt theyre faking these.  should be good IMO. ^

^ these are just summit white and lyon blue leather?  highly doubt theyre faking these.  should be good IMO. ^
Because you doubt they exist, they should be good. Better watch out with claims like that. Took me less than a minute to find fakes of these, there are fakes of EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

Fakes:
image.php

The pictured size tag is legit though.

Last edited:
Because you doubt they exist, they should be good. Better watch out with claims like that. Took me less than a minute to find fakes of these, there are fakes of EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

Fakes:
image.php
The pictured size tag is legit though.
wheres the source of these?  im not arguing by any means, but finding a pic of a fake doesnt validate its as prevalent as you make it to be.  just asking for my own 

Last edited:
Thing is: the vast majority of people buying Nikes aren't sneakerheads. Regular people will just go online and find a nice looking pair and buy it. Or on flea markets. Or on social media channels. They don't have a clue. It's for sale so let's buy it.

If you don't have any knowledge about the sneaker market then you'll simply never even get to that rule 'if it's too good to be true' ...

Thing is: the vast majority of people buying Nikes aren't sneakerheads. Regular people will just go online and find a nice looking pair and buy it. Or on flea markets. Or on social media channels. They don't have a clue. It's for sale so let's buy it.

If you don't have any knowledge about the sneaker market then you'll simply never even get to that rule 'if it's too good to be true' ...
but could an argument be made in that those people who arent sneakerheads, arent looking for sneakerhead shoes.  so for example, the first thing i looked up in linda was am1.  first thing i saw was the 6.  i feel that the average person would: not specify a silohuette, 2. be disinterested in something like the 6, since its rather unique. 

by the same token, perhaps these sites target those who are in the sneaker culture, but are just misinformed (or dont care).  but again, id like to believe that most of us have 1. awareness that the am1 the 6 cost more than 69.99, thus determining its fake.  2. have the integrity not to rock fakes.  

i could be wrong. 

Models like 90s & 1s are HUGE, all over the world, not only among sneakerheads. In some areas more than others but they are huge. So non sneakerheads will also look for a particular silhouette.

If you're not able to tell fake from legit, then what can you do? You might have stumbled upon Sneakernews, but also a few sneaker FB channels. Anyone can make a channel like that. They will use pics of legit shoes and fakes next to each other. They will simply see those FBs as another source for sneakers/news without being aware of the whole fake/legit thing.

Let's say you like AM1s but you're no sneakerhead. You follow SN on FB and happened to see the 6s. People will go google the name, or the code. Real pics and fake pics will show up. But he can't tell the difference. I just googled the code and fake 6s appear, with the correct product code on a totally wrong box label, but hey, people don't know about details like that. There's a full size range for a nice price and I can pay by CC, what can go wrong?

What will be the trigger for a nonsneakerhead to start having doubts about a shoe for sale, if you don't have any knowledge? You are aware of all of this, but zillions of people aren't. What would be their trigger?

Models like 90s & 1s are HUGE, all over the world, not only among sneakerheads. In some areas more than others but they are huge. So non sneakerheads will also look for a particular silhouette.

If you're not able to tell fake from legit, then what can you do? You might have stumbled upon Sneakernews, but also a few sneaker FB channels. Anyone can make a channel like that. They will use pics of legit shoes and fakes next to each other. They will simply see those FBs as another source for sneakers/news without being aware of the whole fake/legit thing.

Let's say you like AM1s but you're no sneakerhead. You follow SN on FB and happened to see the 6s. People will go google the name, or the code. Real pics and fake pics will show up. But he can't tell the difference. I just googled the code and fake 6s appear, with the correct product code on a totally wrong box label, but hey, people don't know about details like that. There's a full size range for a nice price and I can pay by CC, what can go wrong?

What will be the trigger for a nonsneakerhead to start having doubts about a shoe for sale, if you don't have any knowledge? You are aware of all of this, but zillions of people aren't. What would be their trigger?
to be honest, and this might be a bit ignorant of me to stereotype:

but the kind of person that likes a sneaker, but isnt a "sneaker head" or even an enthusiast, would shy away from online shopping or searching out certain silhouettes or certain color ways of said silhouettes.  i picture the basic bro saying, "yeah i love me an "air max" (in reference to what they think might be a 90).  so they'll slide over to finishline or a store of the sort and pick out some GR. 

i believe a majority of those buying 90s from a site like linda and copping exclusive 90s is the type that knows about the shoes, but cant identify that its a fake (or doesnt care).  i guess what im saying is the latter demographic is smaller than the first.  and the first demographic isnt [unkowlingly] supporting fake sites.  

it would be helpful if we knew the thought process of the  OP of the 90 inquiry.  did he seek out this particular color way and then ask, or did he stumble on it, thought it was cool, then thought to see if theyre fake.  

I think online shopping is huge. And people googling 'nike air max' w/o any particular release will end up on fake sites. Because there's LOTS of them. They will browse those sites and maybe see a nice c/w. Lots of rep sites even list c/ws that don't exist. 'Hey I like those, never seen those before'. Their size is listed, let's buy.

If you don't have the knowledge then those sites are just another Finishline to them.

Thanks and repped to both of you. Really appreciate you guys are looking out for each other. I am by all means nothing close to being a sneaker enthusiast let alone a sneakerhead. Conversations that you guys made is the only thing that can help me learn.

I live in a country where getting decent sneakers had to be bought online or overseas i.e. no footlockers, adidas or nike boutiques here. TBH my only source of getting information about sneakers in general is here.

For the AM90s that I posted earlier, I stumbled upon it on ebay and i thought the colourway looked nice and simple. I believed in the 'too good to be true' but still can't decide whether $100 dollars for a new with box falls under that. However, due to impulse and afraid that someone might cop before I did, I pulled the trigger taking the risk of it being fake or not.

Edit: link for the original listing in case someone is curious  http://www.ebay.com/itm/272170539672

Last edited:
Question for the Gurus. I came across a pair of Infrared 90s, the owner claims they are from 2008. I know they had a 2005 and a 2010 release and I thought that the 2008 was the premium ostrich pair. Was there a 2008 release? I see some random pop ups on a google search. 

They released on the 8th of the 8th 2008 at 8am here.

I shipped about 10 pairs to NTers at the time.

Infrapink, but people were needing that infra action. 2005 to 2008 took a long time....

The Premiums dropped a coupla weeks later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom