THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

they remind me a lot of the last venomenon's. also the box is like a recycled 9 and ftb boxes. its like nike got really lazy in designing these lol. i think the chrome heels are corny af. 

Last edited:

they remind me a lot of the last venomenon's. also the box is like a recycled 9 and ftb boxes. its like nike got really lazy in designing these lol. i think the chrome heels are corny af. 
Yup.  The very first thing I thought of when I saw these was that it looked like they handed Kobes (design) over to a different team since he's now retired, and instead of coming up with something fresh, it's a re-hash of older ideas.  My first impression.  They really do look like a substantial drop-off.

Last edited:

Nike had to have a funeral for the Kobe line because if they keep releasing garbage like this the line will be dead soon enough.

I think Nike knows the Kobe $ is with Retro releases now, so they gave these the half hearted treatment.

Definitely, honestly, they might as well kill the line (or only release 1 flagship, numbered model a year) and focus on retros. Unless they plan on having athletes sign to "Team Kobe" I just don't see the point in models like the AD.

i'd be willing to give the AD line a try for sure but i'm definitely not feeling the looks initially. what ever happened to making the first cw a lakers one? :rolleyes but watch us all be blown away by the performance and the details like with nearly all the previous models (7s were trash imo)

Makes me wonder if after the AD, they'll call the next model the 13 or AD 2.
Might they be considering NOT having a Kobe 13?

The "AD" name would only seem to make sense to me if it was the final Mamba model.

Not that THAT would make sense in itself.

Nike Kobe A.D. releases on November 21, suggested retail price of $160.
Some of yall are DUMB Drunk. These boys is FLAME!!![emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128273[/emoji][emoji]128273[/emoji][emoji]128273[/emoji]

First Kobe's I've immediately liked from the jump in a long while...

I mean, the 8's are my GOAT's of the Kobe line and it still took a month or two to get me fully on-board. And these are dusting the Kobe 11's out of the water. 

OP just do us a favor and rename this Thread the "The Official Kobe AD Thread"... still don't think ppl get that these ARE/WERE the Kobe 12's... only with a different name bc he's retired.

All the AD is for is to separate the line before & after he played... Get Used To It![emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Honestly, these are pretty decent. I dunno if i'll cop but I do like these. Where are the highs?
nerd.gif
Keep it All Low Everything, the way it should be.
pimp.gif

Then why not just call them the Kobe 12s? Numbered flagship models have worked out well for Jordan Brand, I don't see why Kobe would be any different..

Because Nike is starting or experimenting with nicknames/aliases for sig shoes. Read it somewhere in an article about the PG1. Its suppose to be called as something else rather than PG1.

Someone should start an AD thread, not a fan at all.

still hoping for a better model ala 12

they look pretty damn good to me, nice and simple

probably doesn't help that they chose a monotone silver colorway to show off so it can look somewhat dull

I think PSers can make some great color combos with these and it'll like sell well as an ID too

are there any pics of the traction and any info if there will be a flyknit version?

Back
Top Bottom