THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I also think it's because a lot of guys playing in the league now came up idolizng Kobe and rocking his kicks.

CBB7C3ED-8A19-4323-935D-4B17A347E7C3.jpeg

#team isco

It'll be interesting to see how far the Kobe line goes past retirement. I mean he was great but he's not MJ.
Oh lord. You're right, he's not MJ he's Kobe, a remixed better version of MJ that did more with less and played in many eras and still dominated.

Yeah I meant promotion in terms of Nike themselves, but I can see what you mean with NBA players rocking them.

I said I don't see how I'm wrong because gwizzle gwizzle said I was going to lose an argument lol. Why can't I say that?

And really... promoting your own page as a counter argument? Come on man :lol:
Yea bro shameless plug ha ha

sure but his shoes have always been about performance and he is one of the most known players ever.

his shoes without a doubt the last few years are the best performing they release year in and year out

like I mentioning my previous post, a lot of NBA players have been wearing them all year the last few seasons. they aren't told or forced to wear them, most of these guys aren't under contract or lower level contracts with nike. They wear em because they perform which at this point I think thats why and what Kobe line is all about, performance. If you want proof just look at who's wearing them and how many and that speaks for itself.
i agree. It's about performance. Many kicks nowadays took from the Kobe line. His shoes are one of a kind and the only thing close to it are the PG's. They're solid performers as well.

I also think it's because a lot of guys playing in the league now came up idolizng Kobe and rocking his kicks.
They all knew about MJ as well but his shoes aren't known for being performers. They are heavy, bulky, and are worn more as a fashion statement. They're so overrated to me imho. No knock to anyone who still rocks J's. It's all I used to rock too back in the day, but can honestly say I haven't copped/rocked a J since 2002.

#team isco
Man I really want to like this CW but I just dont like that purple. That is a damn good price though.

true but a lot of these guys are young and some even trying to get a good contract and stay in the league

unlike PJ tucker and Lance, most these guys are wearing what's comfortable and performs since they don't care about showing off

just my opinion of course

#team isco

yup, spotted it a couple days ago, was hoping during cyber monday the discount would be deeper, but nope, only 25% off, but it's more than half off of the retail price so it's a pretty good deal, copped size 11.5 and was surprised that 11 was already sold out but not 11.5?

yup, spotted it a couple days ago, was hoping during cyber monday the discount would be deeper, but nope, only 25% off, but it's more than half off of the retail price so it's a pretty good deal, copped size 11.5 and was surprised that 11 was already sold out but not 11.5?
Them joints is gone. Glad I scooped.

Nike acting like I cannot use my birthday coupon with the 25% promotion. Man, is this real life? haha

Costs me those Kobes up there chatting with them hahah welp...on to the next

Tl;dr: Nike doesnt do much promotion themselves and I agree that the line is unorganized. Ps the shoes are amazing!!

Maybe promotion has changed but I still dont see an overall effort from Nike to push them, outside of having signed athletes that wear them.

Sure, social media has taken precedence to other forms of promotion. Nike hasn't done much on social media for them either.

Nike also has no affiliations with Niketalk either.

But promotion is just one aspect. When it comes to release dates and naming conventions, they've kinda dropped the ball. We dont know when a new model is releasing and the names are just all over the place.

What shoes are those? The Ad? Ad mid? Ad nxt? Ad nxt 360? The Ad exodus? It just doesn't flow.

People may disagree and that is fine, we can all have our own opinions but I agree that's it unorganized.

Tl;dr: Nike doesnt do much promotion themselves and I agree that the line is unorganized. Ps the shoes are amazing!!

Maybe promotion has changed but I still dont see an overall effort from Nike to push them, outside of having signed athletes that wear them.

Sure, social media has taken precedence to other forms of promotion. Nike hasn't done much on social media for them either.

Nike also has no affiliations with Niketalk either.

But promotion is just one aspect. When it comes to release dates and naming conventions, they've kinda dropped the ball. We dont know when a new model is releasing and the names are just all over the place.

What shoes are those? The Ad? Ad mid? Ad nxt? Ad nxt 360? The Ad exodus? It just doesn't flow.

People may disagree and that is fine, we can all have our own opinions but I agree that's it unorganized.
All good points bro, but why would Nike need to spend money promoting when Social Media is so big right now? It's free to do so. The days are gone where they have to make a fancy commercial, post billboards, etc when just have a couple big named players wear them, post to Social Media and voila everybody and their mama reposts.

Release dates are coming by way of social media and websites like Hibbett, Eastbay, FL, where they have release calendars. Also, if something will drop people get wind and post on Social media and now everyone knows about those as well.

As far as naming convention, I think people are so tied up by traditional numbers, but in the case of the AD, the "AD" is now in place of the numbering scheme to indicate that they are releases after Kobe retired. I mean it's obvious, but Kobe is just a meticulous individual so I can see someone who is so involved in details doing something like this. Flows fine for me, and definitely a change in saying " they are the Kobe 12, 13, 14, 15" just because other shoes were like that.

All good points bro, but why would Nike need to spend money promoting when Social Media is so big right now? It's free to do so. The days are gone where they have to make a fancy commercial, post billboards, etc when just have a couple big named players wear them, post to Social Media and voila everybody and their mama reposts.

Release dates are coming by way of social media and websites like Hibbett, Eastbay, FL, where they have release calendars. Also, if something will drop people get wind and post on Social media and now everyone knows about those as well.

As far as naming convention, I think people are so tied up by traditional numbers, but in the case of the AD, the "AD" is now in place of the numbering scheme to indicate that they are releases after Kobe retired. I mean it's obvious, but Kobe is just a meticulous individual so I can see someone who is so involved in details doing something like this. Flows fine for me, and definitely a change in saying " they are the Kobe 12, 13, 14, 15" just because other shoes were like that.

Exactly! If it was the traditional numbering system, their would be no complaints in here. The Kobe line has been very easy to follow since his retirement... it’s not rocket science! A.D., A.D. NXT, A.D. mid, A.D. NXT 360, and A.D exodus. We will get a traditional Kobe every year and elite version... My only complaint is, we should of got more CWs for the 360s... one day y’all will get over the naming scheme for the Kobe line... until then, I’m looking forward to upcoming CWs/Nike ID options for Exodus... should be getting a new “elite version” soon

Exactly! If it was the traditional numbering system, their would be no complaints in here. The Kobe line has been very easy to follow since his retirement... it’s not rocket science! A.D., A.D. NXT, A.D. mid, A.D. NXT 360, and A.D exodus. We will get a traditional Kobe every year and elite version... My only complaint is, we should of got more CWs for the 360s... one day y’all will get over the naming scheme for the Kobe line... until then, I’m looking forward to upcoming CWs/Nike ID options for Exodus... should be getting a new “elite version” soon

More 360 CW's would be nice., A new elite, if it's $200 with all sorts of tech, they'll complain, if it's $140 with minimal tech they will complain. SMH never happy lol

How come NDC doesn’t call them exodus? Weird

Last edited:
Got another pair. Kept it simple. Gold heel/Swoosh and purple tongue tab/speckles.
20181126_162548.jpg

Remade the first pair that they messed up the yellow shozoku logo with gold. And the blue overlay was dull. Blue pops more on the toe. Had a promo code to use so might as well remake it.
20181126_162711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom