The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

E38AAADD-13BC-4A2E-9792-B496207742C4.jpeg

993 turbo is definitely up there as my favorite 911s i really like the way they laid the spoiler over the rear on that particular version

I got like 8 rolls of film coming back soon. Hopefully I will have some stuff to share shortly.

Just to kind of add some dynamic to this thread, does anyone wish they could shoot certain stuff but haven't or can't? I seem to pivot with my photography. I used to do a lot of landscapes but have been shooting skateboarding and film as of late. I do wish I could give sports photography a chance. The Olympics are in Paris this year and I always get super inspired by seeing all the stuff that comes out of it. The only thing that makes me not practice this stuff is my gear. It seems you really need a fast FPS camera as well as a range of long and longer lenses. I have at longest a 200mm lens and it's just not enough sometimes but of course it depends on the sport. I am sure I'd be fine shooting basketball.

Anyone else on here wish they could shoot something different?

Yeah, I think about that a lot.

I love living in NYC and I still love street photography, but I wish I could do more landscapes and astrophotography. Even if I were to travel, and of course I have, there's still the price of better lenses and gear to prepare me for all that. All I have is a sony a7 and two cheap prime lenses. I just can't justify the thousands on some good glass for a hobby. I'm thinking about getting an 85mm prime eventually, but even the $500-1,000 is a tough pill to swallow.

I would also love to try large format film photography, like 4x5 negatives. IMO those are still the best photos.

This thread is dead .. close up. Ya dudes always taking pictures to leave them buried in ya phones.

Don't talk about photos you taken but never post.

If anything i want to get back to shooting motorsport events. I miss the action and really using the capabilities of my cameras and practicing panning shots.

Another is portraits. I dont know the first thing about that but id just like pictures of my family, something better than pictures taken with our phones.

I’d love to do several types of photography but I never have the drive for it. I’d love to do portraits but I’m such an introvert. I bought lights to do product photography and have no creativity to begin with. I’m been stuck in a rut for a minute. I miss being in NY and doing street photography cause that felt the most natural. The whole walking around capturing the most mundane shot or any given moment is something I’ve always enjoyed.

Long exposure night photography also, i practiced a few times . This is the only one that came out decent.

I took it while waiting for a cab outside of a strip club in germany :lol:
Miller000011-R1-060-28A.jpeg

Heres another one from the same area

Miller000011-R1-056-26A.jpeg

Most of my street photography is pretty stealthy. Shoutout to the legend and one of the reasons I care anything at all about photography, Garry Winogrand. I like my camera to be invisible. There have been maybe 5-10 times where I've stopped and asked someone to take their photo and my nerves get me every time. Some of them came out pretty great, though.

Street photography is definitely something wish I could do more. I used to work in SF but ever since the pandemic, I’ve been working from home. I try and find my spots to shoot unique things but it’s hard with a wife and two kids now.

These are from. DJ Quick show near my area. These legends of rap unfortunately do like dive bars now but as a photographer, it’s awesome cause there is no need for a photo pass and I can get up close. I just wish I had an 85mm for some long lens action. 50mm doesn’t really do it for me sometimes.

Anyone catch this doc on Jim Marshall? I am so bad with past photographers but seems like a good watch.

^^^^^^Dope! 50mm and 85mm? I used to love wide angle shots for concerts but you just get so much random BS. in frame. Long lens photos just seem to look better.

H
^^^^^^Dope! 50mm and 85mm? I used to love wide angle shots for concerts but you just get so much random BS. in frame. Long lens photos just seem to look better.
Had my 85mm ready (it's my favorite) but rented a 24-70mm and paired it with a Starburst lens filter. Makes me want to invest in that lens for myself

And that’s just the shoot. Imagine all the photos you have to quickly edit. I am sure (or hope) you are getting comped well. Post some pics when you are done.
Most definitely. Had a slight headache just watching all those files go from my sd card to computer :lol: good pay, gave them a 21 day turnaround time

Back
Top Bottom