The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

tumblr_lx5s58q6AV1qk0p9oo1_500.jpg
how old is that passenger sitting next to the driver? looks pretty young, word to pedo bear. but if we asked him i bet he'd say, "I <3 my Honda".

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

And does anyone have a Canon S90/S95/S100? I am kind of tired not being able to bring my DSLR to concerts and would like to bring an alternative aside from my iPhone. Was looking into this series camera but was wondering what people thought of the performance with low light shots? I heard the S90 was horrible but wasn't sure if the S95 or S100 was better. Thanks.
Check out the Fuji X100 and X10. A little pricey, but well worth it.

I just picked up the X10 for vacation and was pretty happy with it.

Fairly fast lens (2.0), great in low / ambient light, good size and build, decent bokeh, and just looks great.

Can check some of the pics here -> BRAZIL

Bag full of gear and one of my favorite photos I took for the year was taken last week on my iphone.

photo.jpg

I sort of read up on that Fuji X10 camera as well as the Olympus and the Lumix. All have pros and cons as a camera and for myself as a shooter. Honestly, I am looking into getting something cheap and small and subpar photo quality. I know I will never achieve DSLR quality with a point and shoot so I don't even want to bother with something that is $600. I like the S95 for it's size and manual use and price right now but if it isn't what it is cracked up to be, I might just go and get an ELPH series camera instead.

Thanks for the info though. Nice shots in Brazil. I need to go there one day.

Originally Posted by RiceBaLLer2

how old is that passenger sitting next to the driver? looks pretty young, word to pedo bear. but if we asked him i bet he'd say, "I <3 my Honda".

Originally Posted by oillusiveo

look at this POS car. top down, backwards cap, probably some fob.  dude probably has a pedo-bear sticker on his car too, and too cheap to fix his scratches to he puts a band-aid on it.

Both of you should take your comments up to another forum.

I really want to know how some of you guys take such crisp pictures. Is it possible to do that with my digital camera? Canon powershot sd 1000 by the way.

Originally Posted by RiceBaLLer2

tumblr_lx5s58q6AV1qk0p9oo1_500.jpg

Ya'll know Tony? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Renzo289

Dunks: 
and performance photography is my favorite...its the most rewarding challenging to me...trying to capture a good still moment in a live performance is tough...its like a test of your skill/patience...

Danilo: how is it that we live in the same area and have yet to run into each other? you have some amazing work, dude...

Thanks! haha not sure bro, but im a big fan of your work.
Speaking of concert/performance photography, patience really is key, for the Deadmau5 concert at the fillmore i patiently waited for almost an hour in the photo pit for a moment that lasted maybe 10 seconds. But i got the shot i needed!

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

And does anyone have a Canon S90/S95/S100? I am kind of tired not being able to bring my DSLR to concerts and would like to bring an alternative aside from my iPhone. Was looking into this series camera but was wondering what people thought of the performance with low light shots? I heard the S90 was horrible but wasn't sure if the S95 or S100 was better. Thanks.
Do you have a budget? I have a GF2 and I love it so far. Still have some getting use to, but no complaints thus far. Unfortunately, the photos I've taken recently are of shoes only (that I'm trying to sell), here are some examples:

quick question, does can anybody recommend me a camera bag that's simlar to a jansport in terms of design?

The only one I know of is the The Hunderds one.

Thanks

I recently got a DSLR and started taking pictures and looking up information online and I was wondering, how much of a "good shot" is from photoshop and how much is from the actual photo? In other words, when do you know you have a great photo or a photo that you can edit to make it great? Thanks in advance

Luong1209 - Just read up on the GF2. Seems like there is a JPEG issue with the pics from what I hear. Like photos just don't come out as well as it should but with RAW, they come out way better. Did you shoot your photos in JPEG? And are you shooting with the 14mm prime? I just found that camera on Best Buy for $350 but it comes with the kit lens which I really don't need. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 might be more fitting for me though cause I want portability to bring to concert venues.

Originally Posted by rayraysupreme

I recently got a DSLR and started taking pictures and looking up information online and I was wondering, how much of a "good shot" is from photoshop and how much is from the actual photo? In other words, when do you know you have a great photo or a photo that you can edit to make it great? Thanks in advance

It's a toss up. I find myself shooting "good shots" with little to no photoshop and sometimes I make "good shots" using photoshop. Most of what I do is just color correcting but sometimes the color correcting can make my photos way better then it looked on camera. I think as long as you have a good composition, you can try and fix photos in photoshop to make them better. That is kind of the glorious thing about shooting digital. We can treat almost any shot and make them usable.

they are pretty cheap now if you look for a sale, i got mine on newegg during black friday for $300 shipped, came with a 4GB sdhc card and a camera bag. its the gf2kk with the kit lens 14-42mm iirc.

it was 300 cause of CA tax. if i lived in a state that they didnt charge tax it wouldve only been like $290 shipped or smoething.

Wow. That is a good pice. Just sucks cause whenever I find that camera bundles with the 14mm prime, it is way more and just out of my price range since I would rather just buy a lens for my DSLR instead. Plus I just don't need the zoom lens since there is no way I could fit that into my pocket.

Cool little timelaps shot with a MKII. The footage with the airplanes flying in was sick!

EDIT: Something is wrong with the embed.

Fong - Yeah, I shot those in JPEG. The lens I used is a 20mm 1.7 prime.

I bought it without the stock lens for $220. Black Friday definitely had deals for 290 shipped with kit lens. Most definitely check Craigslist/Ebay if you're comfortable buying from a non retail store.

Thanks for the response Mr. Fongstarr! So, most of the time I would need to implement photoshop techniques to come out with great shots? For example, I really love the picture of the beach at night in your blog. Did you use photoshop? If so, what did it look like before?
http://misterfongstarr.fi...tural-mystic-9.jpg?w=775

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, when I take pictures and look at them (as is), they appear to be just an ordinary picture (something even my phone can take). How do I achieve those "great shots"? Do I need to work on my picture taking skills or photoshop skills or both? 

Back
Top Bottom