The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Hey,
Can you guys recommend me a decent fish eye lens to look into? I recently purchased a Canon T2i and I'm not too familiar with the different types of lenses out there. I'm looking to spend no more tan $350 if possible. Thanks! 

I think Dstyles has a fisheye that is around that price range but I forgot the brand. I would save a bit more and get a Sigma if I were you but it would cost you at least $200 extra.
After doing some research I think I've narrowed it down to a Rokinon 8 mm lens. Seems like what I'm looking for as well as in my price range. I'll definitely look into the Sigma and see what type of differences I'll be getting with both. Thanks man. 

Park La Brea? 
nerd.gif

Hey,
Can you guys recommend me a decent fish eye lens to look into? I recently purchased a Canon T2i and I'm not too familiar with the different types of lenses out there. I'm looking to spend no more tan $350 if possible. Thanks! 

I think Dstyles has a fisheye that is around that price range but I forgot the brand. I would save a bit more and get a Sigma if I were you but it would cost you at least $200 extra.

Yes.. Rokinon 8mm, paid $290 on B&H a few months back. Best for crop sensor dslr, be patient with it as its ALL MANUAL focusing and can be frustrating at first, but stick with it, learn, and the results can be extremly fullfilling. The build of this lens was pretty suprising as well, heavy and sturdy, def worth the money. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

The 8mm provides a full 180 degree view on a crop sensor, same as nikons 10mm 2.8 (fantastic fisheye for Nikon!!!). 10mm on canons crop sensor is about 164 degree view. Hope that helps

here's a pic using my Rokinon 8mm Fisheye on Nikon D300s:
jsk2za.jpg

see more on my Facebook page (link below)  
happy.gif

I use Tokina's 10-17mm for canon:
at 17mm there's just a little noticable distortion. Its a really solid lens.
IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

Originally Posted by Renzo289

happy new year erybody!
Rolling Papers Tour, Maryland:

tumblr_lwy801eelJ1qg5g7z

tumblr_lwy801eelJ1qg5g7z
Hey do you guys know how I'd get this affect on my photos? Is it done in Photoshop? Is there a specific name for it? 

I would have gotten the Tokina if it was a f/2.8. I love the fact that it is a zoom. You get fishy to almost wide-angle all in one lens. Just too slow for me.

And if you have the means and have Nikon, get the Nikon. It has been the best lens I've owned and is quick as hell and takes some sharp photos when done right.

Was wondering if this is a good deal/good camera?

Its a Sony Alpha a290. Comes with a 18-55MM Lens, charger, neck strap, and brand new fisheye attachment (along with other small things). He is asking $300 for it, should I go ahead and cop?

happy new year erybody!
Hey do you guys know how I'd get this affect on my photos? Is it done in Photoshop? Is there a specific name for it? 
its called hipster curves
3GX64.jpg

SkyyPilot: its done in photoshop...a combination of effects for me...color balance, lightness/saturation, and brightness/contrast...

Sn00pee:
indifferent.gif
at "hipster curves"...i prefer "the instagram effect"...

For some reason all my photos from 2012 keep getting placed in the 2011 folder in Lightroom 3, anyone know how to fix this?

I would have gotten the Tokina if it was a f/2.8. I love the fact that it is a zoom. You get fishy to almost wide-angle all in one lens. Just too slow for me.

And if you have the means and have Nikon, get the Nikon. It has been the best lens I've owned and is quick as hell and takes some sharp photos when done right.
I have this Tokina
http://www.amazon.com/Tok...al-Cameras/dp/B0014Z3XMC

11-16 2.8

Can you guys shed some light on proper lighting when it comes to photography/video shooting with a DSLR? What to buy?

Do the lights placed on top of the camera and the lights placed on a big stand have the same purpose?

can someone recommend me a nice camera for an amateur? not looking to go into photography. i just want a camera that takes nice, "DSLR quality" pictures without the professional effort (maybe a point-and-shoot?).

if anything, i can look into a D40, since i know that's a pretty standard, beginner camera, but right now i'm looking at the Nikon J1 or the Nikon Coolpix L110.

please gimme some feedback.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sn00pee

happy new year erybody!
its called hipster curves
3GX64.jpg

NOT SURE IF SRS.

Back
Top Bottom