The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Expecting to see some next level photos from you
laugh.gif

Congrats on the hardware!
Thanks man! I had the D800 prior, so I don't expect to see a huge increase in photos 
laugh.gif
 Just glad to not have to think about an upgrade for another few years

tokes99 tokes99 I looked up the filters, had no idea they costs so much, smh.. I think the camera I had did that HDR thing you mentioned. It would take 2-3 quick shots then process the image.

elderwatsondiggs elderwatsondiggs gonna check out some YT videos on it.

Nawzlew Nawzlew Do you shoot in black and white or do you edit the pics later?

@DaBottom305
do you have any tips on purchasing tripods. That's going to be my next investment. And that holiday inn pic you had was with a high shutter speed? Is that what gives you that effect with the lights?

I purchased this one for best buy,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sunpak-platinumplus-5858d-58-tripod/1802042.p?id=1219064880246

Had good reviews and it really good for what it is. Sturdy and doesn't move much from wind. But one night I had my boy carrying it for me and idk what he did but a small piece that holds the leg up when locked fell out. Had to get a flashlight to find it in the street. I regret not getting the insurance/warranty. Right now it's on sale for $20. I may cop again.

And yes, the longer the shutter was open the brighter things got. I wish I still had the original, deleted it by mistake, smh

Some Shots from yesterday

This last shot i didn't shoot it exactly how i wanted too but welp i still like what i got just could have been better.

Last edited:
For SIGMA lens, can they be attached to a canon body right out the box or do I need some kind of adapter?

For SIGMA lens, can they be attached to a canon body right out the box or do I need some kind of adapter?

There are canon versions of all the 3rd party lenses, so as long as you buy the one made for canon, you are good

Spent all week reading this thread, two random questions

If your camera has wifi capabilities there's no need for the eye fi, right?

If I send my pictures straight to my phone, is their a app to add my watermark on the pictures yet? Or I still have to do that from my laptop and then send to my phone?

Last edited:
How are yall resizing pics for IG? Saw alot of ppl using SquareReady then I looked @ Steezy's IG :wow: none of his pics have that white border, how you do that? :nerd:

How are yall resizing pics for IG? Saw alot of ppl using SquareReady then I looked @ Steezy's IG :wow: none of his pics have that white border, how you do that? :nerd:

I just sacrifice on the crop and don't display the entire picture, I rather that than using. Squareready, I'm a bit of an anal perfectionist and to me using SR to showcase your whole image gives your feed a bit of a less uniformed look, I don't even like posting to B&W next to each other...I takes my IG SERIOUS... :lol:

Here's my attempt at shooting wedding stuff. I still don't know how to pose people properly but I don't think my friend is really photogenic either. Still no excuse though. I had like 30-40 minutes to shoot and these are the posed stuff. My buddy got married in city hall and even that simple ceremony, I had a lot of bad shots or just not magical. A challenge for the most part. I'd like to do more even as practice.

houngry-1.jpg
houngry-2.png
houngry-4.jpg
houngry-3.jpg
houngry-6.png
houngry-7.jpg
houngry-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom