The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Say @yanky
 browsing your flickr now and crazy lovely shots and I'm thinking about doing some freelance work with automobile photography, any tips on composing shots and such?

There's a lot that goes into it and I'm still learning but here are a few tips:

-when taking the shot avoid distractions, wires, poles, people etc.
-try and look for leading lines if there are any
-don't be afraid to get close a close up shot of the wheel, fender, headlight.
-depth of field is always a plus also
-Try and capture the lines of the car. That will help make it stand out

Hopefully those helped and make sense but honestly the best way to do it is to just go out there and shoot. That's the best thing to do and you'll eventually develop your own style.

dabottom305 dabottom305 I'll take some of those pdf's also.

Last edited:
also long exposure is one of the most cliche things in photography. just because there are lines does not mean its a good photo. work on lighting and composition. make the photo interesting. it should be a good photo with or without the light trails.

Last edited:
also long exposure is one of the most cliche things in photography. just because there are lines does not mean its a good photo. work on lighting and composition. make the photo interesting. it should be a good photo with or without the light trails.

there isn't much that isn't kinda cliche, everyone starts somewhere and over time hopefully we get more sophisticated; it takes time and experimentation to get to the point of flipping those cliches, where ambition, creativity, skill line up to an expanded vision of what is possible...

Yeah I think we all go through the ropes of shooting long exposures, over doing the Bokeh and experimenting with strobes, in my experience and because I went through it myself these are the things people want to do first when they get a DSLR, developing your style and knowin exactly what you want to shoot for the long term takes TIME....then it takes even more time to polish your skills on that field, then if you want to start making money, that's when things really get complicated...

Photographs I forgot to post and have laying around. Was on the run the last few days when I was in New York. 

PHOTOBOMB**

--

On another note, got a bunch of wedding photos to get done that I will post very shortly, shooting for next week. Here's one for now.

As always, a lot more on the blog,

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Last edited:
Canon 17-40L for $622 refurb off their website...Considering it. Thoughts?

I remember when I use to be able to find them on CL for $500 :smh:.

I have that lens and love it. Bought mine for $589 over a year ago so that is decent. I would see if BB would match the price instore. I know its refurb but its worth a shot.

JUST A COUPLE UNEDITED UNTAGGED RANDOMS FROM THE OTHER
NIGHT. STILL TEACHING MYSELF ABOUT NIGHTTIME LIGHTING.

@Mr Fongstarr Never thought to ask before but I noticed one of the local venues here prohibits the use of DSLRs. Did you ever run into this problem before you got a press pass? Also, was your boy your first and only hookup?

I have that lens and love it. Bought mine for $589 over a year ago so that is decent. I would see if BB would match the price instore. I know its refurb but its worth a shot.
I had it long ago and definitely loved it.

I'll be making the purchase when funds look a little better. Thanks for the input everyone.

I had it long ago and definitely loved it.

I'll be making the purchase when funds look a little better. Thanks for the input everyone.

Wouldn't spend anything more than 500 on it. If you could grab it for 460 that would be a steal.

Definitely something you'll make your money back with, but with all the other options out there 5 should be your max. I'd monitor Craigslist on a weekly basis. eBay prices are still too much and so are refurbished rates, refurbished joints should only be 550-6 being that they run brand new from b&h for like 8 I believe.

Atleast you get a warranty I guess.

Anyone here live in Boise?

I'll be there tomorrow for a photoshoot tomorrow and it would be awesome if someone could show me around or recommend some spots for a fitness lifestyle shoot.

Helped a friend shoot a wedding today but I lost one clip for my strap. Anyone know if those are sold separately or not?

Will post pics of the wedding later but it's nothing fancy, just beginner stuff :lol:

Back
Top Bottom