The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Snaps from the Canon Bring It In Portland event last night. More on the blog.

IG @josefbautista
http://josefabautista.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
Interesting lens to come out of Sigma Art line. The 24-35mm f/2 was just announced and I feel like that will be a solid zoom lens for people for everyday use. Their Art line has been pretty solid and the range on this is perfect for street photos and even landscapes. I just wonder the price but I am sure it will be competitive. These 3rd parties are really something else right now.

Interesting lens to come out of Sigma Art line. The 24-35mm f/2 was just announced and I feel like that will be a solid zoom lens for people for everyday use. Their Art line has been pretty solid and the range on this is perfect for street photos and even landscapes. I just wonder the price but I am sure it will be competitive. These 3rd parties are really something else right now.
20-35mm or 20-50mm would have been better

20-35mm or 20-50mm would have been better

True but I think a 24mm is still the widest you should go without the image looking distorted. It's definitely not as user friendly as other ultra wides but it will get the job done most of the time. The 35mm is just a good range for general use without any framing issues. Is till think the 50 should be on it's own or on the latter side of a zoom where it is a telephoto. Plus getting it at a f/2 aperture would have been difficult and I would rather have a f/2 than a f/2.8. I am always shooting at f/2 anyways with my Canon 24mm 1.4 so everything can be mostly in focus.

^^^^That is odd. Doubt it's a white balance thing cause the whole photo would be affected. It almost looks like there is a yellow gradient filter on it. Is it like this when you even shoot outdoor?

Whats happening that we should explain? The different color casting?

Is there another light source somewhere? What color is the floor?

^^^Dude, you colors on your club/concert stuff is always nice. What are you shooting with again? Any recommendations?

I haven't shot concert photos but going out tonight to shoot Mystikal of all people. I am bringing my usual 24mm L and 50mm L. What is sooooooo dumb is I am finally starting to use "auto -servo" for once and found it way easier when I was just shooting on regular focus mode. But the thing is whens shooting people from below, I alway seem to miss that focus point which should be the face because things can be in the way.

^^^^That is odd. Doubt it's a white balance thing cause the whole photo would be affected. It almost looks like there is a yellow gradient filter on it. Is it like this when you even shoot outdoor?

Whats happening that we should explain? The different color casting?

Is there another light source somewhere? What color is the floor?

The floor is brown and no there was no other sourceu except for the TV light
Now when I shoot outside it doesn't have that effect only when I shoot in my kitchen.

I looked at my lens and it looks like it has a yellow tint, I thought it might be damaged because it's been days it has sat in my car it hot weather.

I cleaned the sensor(setting in the cam) it kept doing the same thing.
When I set up my PRE white balance and it seemed to stop.

I have no clue what caused it though. I was so scared I thought I was going to have to buy another 35mm

^^^Dude, you colors on your club/concert stuff is always nice. What are you shooting with again? Any recommendations?

I haven't shot concert photos but going out tonight to shoot Mystikal of all people. I am bringing my usual 24mm L and 50mm L. What is sooooooo dumb is I am finally starting to use "auto -servo" for once and found it way easier when I was just shooting on regular focus mode. But the thing is whens shooting people from below, I alway seem to miss that focus point which should be the face because things can be in the way.

I shoot with a 5D and Sigma 35mm 1.4 and canon speedlite 430. I find myself using Auto-servo when my subjects are centered... it's not so smart when subjects are on the side unfortunately. Hope you got good shots man!

Last edited:
Good stuff up there guys! Those orange charger lights are dope.

Before:

After:

Still messing around with it.

Last edited:
guys, what do you think

should i trade my canon 6d for fujifilm X-T10 18-55kit and 35mm 1.4 lenses for free?

thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom