Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

So I recently purchased:

7D, 17-55mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.4

a battery grip and a bunch extras.. 

72c36d1a3c0e342604fadf68f2e6a4afcd89cbb3.jpg

That is a serious pick up. I don't know....I would return all those lenses and get a dope L lens. But I say that without knowing the performances of those USM lenses. But good stuff though.
nice! i just got my 50 1.4 in tonight and so far i like it a lot. i disagree on returning the lenses, i think they are all great especially the 17-55 which is pretty much an L lens for the crop body. how much did everything set you back? i'm guessing at least 3k+ 
eek.gif

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks 
[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif]Why return ALL my lens? for one L Lens? I have the 17-55 which is practically a L Lens just without the L Lens title. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The Performance of these is for video more than photography. Will be shooting interviews, promos, concerts, short films and commercials and MAYBE a wedding if offered.. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My total set up was about $4391.58. [/font]I want to get a good fish eye and wide angle but had to get these first. 

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Well if it is for video, then that is a different story. Even with the money, you can get 2 dope L-lenses. I don't know. Just from what people post on here, L lenses are just the way to go as far as photos are concerned. I was more or less stating my own opinion if I bought all that stuff. Anyway...like I said, good pick ups.

L is nice, but the only lens in there I disagree with getting is probably the 28-135. For that I think you should have just got the 135L or the 24-105 f4L. Or even 70-200 since you have the other ranges covered on primes.
17-55 is basically L quality but not build. Its an amazing lens. I have the 50 1.4 and its not worth it to get the 1.2 L for the price. 85 is great as well. 

Nice setup, i just dont like the 28-135. 

From the last birthday session, finally finishing up...lol, this little girl was adorable!

5493926120_e7cae553f4_b.jpg

5493330169_ee8998a07a_b.jpg

5493329045_66fedb7bd5_b.jpg

5493922428_8762616286_b.jpg

5493327723_dfe6da8894_b.jpg

Nice pickup up there, I personally would have held back on getting all those lenses at ones and invested in the 50L or a 35L, eventually you will crave more than what those lenses can offer...that's my opinion.Edit***scratch the 50L, the 1.4 is pretty awesome, so I would have kept that one and gotten rid o all the other ones and with that money I would have jumped on the 35L or the 135L

Also don't forget that external mic for the 7D. Don't want to go around shooting video with sub-par sound.

lbj.jpg

My buddies setup (3rd photo down and yes he helped shoot that Lebron Sprite commercial). Don't know what half of the crap that is on his camera but he always comes out with nice footy.

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

So I recently purchased:

7D, 17-55mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.4

a battery grip and a bunch extras.. 

72c36d1a3c0e342604fadf68f2e6a4afcd89cbb3.jpg

That is a serious pick up. I don't know....I would return all those lenses and get a dope L lens. But I say that without knowing the performances of those USM lenses. But good stuff though.
nice! i just got my 50 1.4 in tonight and so far i like it a lot. i disagree on returning the lenses, i think they are all great especially the 17-55 which is pretty much an L lens for the crop body. how much did everything set you back? i'm guessing at least 3k+ 
eek.gif

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks 
[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif]Why return ALL my lens? for one L Lens? I have the 17-55 which is practically a L Lens just without the L Lens title. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The Performance of these is for video more than photography. Will be shooting interviews, promos, concerts, short films and commercials and MAYBE a wedding if offered.. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My total set up was about $4391.58. [/font]I want to get a good fish eye and wide angle but had to get these first. 

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Well if it is for video, then that is a different story. Even with the money, you can get 2 dope L-lenses. I don't know. Just from what people post on here, L lenses are just the way to go as far as photos are concerned. I was more or less stating my own opinion if I bought all that stuff. Anyway...like I said, good pick ups.

L is nice, but the only lens in there I disagree with getting is probably the 28-135. For that I think you should have just got the 135L or the 24-105 f4L. Or even 70-200 since you have the other ranges covered on primes.
17-55 is basically L quality but not build. Its an amazing lens. I have the 50 1.4 and its not worth it to get the 1.2 L for the price. 85 is great as well. 

Nice setup, i just dont like the 28-135. 

I wasn't going to get that 28-135... 
I did a quote from B&H and when I did the quote I originally was gonna do just the body and those other 3 lenses and accessories.

But since they were out of stock of the body only the next 7D available with a $200 price difference was the body + 28-135.. 

So I got only because it was a set otherwise I wouldn't of... My favorite is the 50 1.4... It looks incredible imo...

May get some more lenses next month what do you all suggest... Knowing what my set up is now... Looking for maybe a nice wide angle or some L lenses..

Ordered the T3i... expected delivery date is Wednesday.

I'll be sure to ask the experts here for any help I'll need. I've actually already contacted some of you via PM.
laugh.gif

*can't wait* \(^_^ )/

Okay. I just picked up the T3i today and was looking online at lens.

I have checked out some Canon lens but I have also seen some Tamron and Sigma lens that are cheaper. Does even have any experience with these brands and how good they are?

Originally Posted by i rock jordanz

Originally Posted by Luong1209

FYI: Ebay is offering 10% on camera stuff...I'm considering a 50mm 1.4...
What's the Ebay code man? Got some gear on my watch list.
Check your ebay, it should have one for you.

Originally Posted by i rock jordanz

FYI: Ebay is offering 10% on camera stuff...I'm considering a 50mm 1.4...
What's the Ebay code man? Got some gear on my watch list.
Check your ebay, it should have one for you.

I'm not seeing it either....need that 10%....any help appreciated!

followed this thread for a long time and just bought a t1i, took it out for the weekend to ny and philly. Ended up just messing with the settings and these are some of my first shots ever so they are really amateur
embarassed.gif
. feedback would be great as to what is not terrible or what is really bad (A lot came out noticably blurry).

idk what i did to cause this, i think its overexposure. i know if done right it can look really good not so much in this case though
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lhn69yzWjL1qhgbqjo1_1280.jpg

awesome shots in here guys, the content in here always impress me much more than any of the photog forums i check out, so congrats.

i'm new to photography, but i'm doing my research, getting out in the field, and progressing. here's a few from last week, c&c will be very much appreciated (shots are a little inconsistently edited imo, and i only have a basic windows 7 editor at the moment)

i'm also overwhelmed with lens options right now. one of the abilities i want most is to have an affordable and effective way to shoot wide angle street shots, i know fong, ksteezy and many others shoot these types of shots quite often. if anyone could point me in the right direction, not necessarily to an exact lens but to what i should be looking for in general, that would be awesome.

current setup: d90, nikkor 18-105mm 3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens

keep up the good work
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom