The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

$636M :x :x :x :x

Put 20 on it yesterday. Can only imagine what liquor stores are looking like right now

Last edited:
Man I hardly spend more than $1 per drawing but this jackpot is big....so I dropped 5 on it, lol.

Here's a payout calculator that will take into account annuity vs lump sum and then deduct the federal and, if necessary, state taxes.

http://hosted.ap.org/interactives/2013/lotto/index.html

$255m in CA...I think I'd be ok
glasses.gif

If you take the extend payout, what are the options? Is it 14M per year for 30 years? HOT DAMN!

I mean having everything up front is straight with $235M but if you wait, its like $438M :wow: :smh:

If you take the extend payout, what are the options? Is it 14M per year for 30 years? HOT DAMN!

I mean having everything up front is straight with $235M but if you wait, its like $438M :wow: :smh:

No. First years payment is 1.5% of the total jackpot, and then you get 5% increases yearly. So first year would essentially be $9.5 million.

Take that $235M up front. Put that into a decent fund (+10% annual) and you'll be over $438M in 7 years.

Last edited:
All you need is a dollar and a dream. Would life be worse after the lotto ? Imagine the type of attention you get afterwards (would be bad).

That dollar and a dream attitude is why we have gambling addicts.. "ehh, I don't need this extra $150 a month in social security. I can win something BIG".

I'll bet a dollar if it goes above $300m. But going beyond that breeds bad habits

Last edited:
That dollar and a dream attitude is why we have gambling addicts.. "ehh, I don't need this extra $150 a month in social security. I can win something BIG".

I'll bet a dollar if it goes above $300m. But going beyond that breeds bad habits

sounds like you have an addictive personality

Put in $10 at the local 7-Eleven and put in $3 in the office lottery pool. Praying to the lottery gods.

Can someone school me on the megaplier?

It multiplies your non-jackpot winnings. The Megaplier is up to 5X - for example, if you hit the first five #'s but not the megaball you would win the $1 million prize. If you chose the Megaplier option and the drawing pulled 3X, you win 3 million.

You pay $1 extra per ticket/pay to participate the Megaplier

Last edited:
Wouldnt't be surprised if someone hit with those numbers. All low except 39, could be birthdays in a family.

Back
Top Bottom