The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

Quit checking thread for a couple days and missed on sneakersnstuff.  I need these in my life put my others from a few years back in the ground.  

reebok-question-red-black-1.jpg
tyga-reebok-question-red-black.jpg

Originally Posted by Knight

roll.gif
       @ him rockin these like they're new and exclusive and riding the hype that's been going on.....those were released a minute ago and were so cheap you couldn't give them away for free lmao

Those black/red Questions look to be a re-retro of the December 2006 pairs.  Those had red clearish soles and the uppers were glossy black leather. These new pics look like they have black soles and have suede/nubuck uppers, just look at how dull the black is on them. Might just be a new future release.

i just wish they woulda dropped these in those Navy/gold/white wizard colorway that Wall wore.
pimp.gif
:

[QUOTE name="Knight"]

roll.gif
       @ him rockin these like they're new and exclusive and riding the hype that's been going on.....those were released a minute ago and were so cheap you couldn't give them away for free lmao
[/quote]

:rofl: I know right !!!! I remember FSRs of these and the black/caro blue joints on the sales racks at finishline for 29.99. They were so cheap I considered copping to try to dye the patent toe black but I just copped the CG lowtops instead.

[QUOTE name="Knight"]

roll.gif

:rofl: I know right !!!! I remember FSRs of these and the black/caro blue joints on the sales racks at finishline for 29.99. They were so cheap I considered copping to try to dye the patent toe black but I just copped the CG lowtops instead.[/quote]
EXACTLY! thats what ive been sayin the whole time. these was on the red clearance pages of eastbay for the longest, I picked up my blue and white and red/whites for 30-60 dollars a peice. And the low top black ones for like 50, I think that was the colorway but id have to check.

I have a pair of DS black/graphite questions. mad I missed the white/red release. Hard to find size 13/14, don't even know if they make a 14. My graphites are size 13. I love A.I. Questions/Answers

Last edited:
As I'm looking at those black/red ones Tyga has on, I realize they could have done way better. I know it's kind of a bite, but that's kind of their point with these anyway, why wouldn't they make the toe-cap black patent leather, make the midsole white and do a translucent red sole so it's like a Bred XI Question... Yes, it's straight up biting the XI's, but it would look aboslutely sick on this shoe.

Any chance of an ALL WHITE HIGH edition with ice blue bottom like Iverson wore his rookie year?

To my knowledge they NEVER dropped. I used to stare at them from a poster I had in my room all the time wishing they dropped.

Only pair I had were the black and golds in the 8th grade.

Is there any word if the white and black question will retro, aside from that picture Swizz Beatz tweeted back in May?

As I'm looking at those black/red ones Tyga has on, I realize they could have done way better. I know it's kind of a bite, but that's kind of their point with these anyway, why wouldn't they make the toe-cap black patent leather, make the midsole white and do a translucent red sole so it's like a Bred XI Question... Yes, it's straight up biting the XI's, but it would look aboslutely sick on this shoe.

Pana, the colourway you described would be damn near awesome and it would work perfectly seeing as the Questions were directly inspired by the XIs.

From Hypebeast:

Detroit’s Burn Rubber has crafted one of the more inventive and creative projects in recent memory for their latest collaboration with Reebok. Working with Allen Iverson’s signature sneaker, the reworked basketball offering finds an updated colorway – not to mention the “most interesting man in the world”-esque story that comes attached to it. Recalling the story of Apollos Young – the most notable ballplayer you’ve never heard of – the shoe serves as a reminder that talent can only get you so far. The Burn Rubber x Reebok Question collabo will be available at the Detroit boutique on September 1. For those interested in the sordid tale of Young, it’s best we let Burn Rubber tell it in their own words.

The reason you may’ve never heard of Apollos Young is because he never played one second of A professional NBA game. His new found “fast life” turned this nice little Christian boy, into a certified Rockstar. A.Y. Went from a clean cut, sweater vest wearing schoolboy to a tattooed, baggy shorts wearing womanizer with a no holds barred attitude during the preseason. It started with the double cup lean sipping instead of the Gatorade that his teammates used for refreshments. A.Y. is on record for being the first player to ever smoke a black & mild during a game. Although, as a 14 year man child, he averaged 48.7 pts, 23.3 rebs, & 0.1 assts, the line was drawn in his last preseason game. You see, the inquiry was known to wear his cell phone on him during the game, but no one could ever think that he would take it to the level that he took it. Alot of his antics were swept under the rug because of his superior skill level. One thing that couldn’t go unnoticed, was his last time on an NBA court.

In the 4th & final game of the Pistons (1996ish) preseason game, in front of a packed crowd, Apollos Young put on an amazing show. 54 pts, 31 rebs, 22 steals, 0 assts. Other than the fact that he’d cursed his coach out, punched a referee, & fondled a cheerleader, A.Y. was having a great game. His team was down 2, with 10 seconds to go on the clock. The entire world was watching, and Apollo knew it, he was born for this moment. The ball is inbounded to the inquiry, the clock starts to tick. 9, A.Y. calls for an iso at the top of the key. 8, he looks off a wide open teammate in the corner for the 3 pt attempt. 7, the entire stadium is on its feet. 6. The Inquiry, starts his signature (crossover) move. 5, he completely embarrasses the defender, and has a wide open lane to the basket. 4, he stops, pulls up for 3. 3, the ball is in the air, it looks good. 2, the ball is still in the air, and it still looks good. 1, the ball hits the rim, it rolls around the rim 2 times. Everyone in the stands is in awe of what is developing right in front of there eyes. When he comes down from his picture perfect jumper, a .45 caliber pistol falls from his waistline & 3 shots go off. The first shot, hit the opposing coach in the shoulder, the second shot …, the third shot struck the basketball & knocked it off of the rim ruining the perfect storybook ending for Apollos Young.

After that debacle, The Inquiry was no more. No team in the entire free world was willing to give him a second chance, and every sponsor he had, pulled out of the deals that were on the table. Everyone accept the lifetime sneaker contract that he had signed with Reebok.

interesting story ....... but idk if i could ever wear those :lol:

not sure what is worse, the shoes or the write up.

Have to second this, Reebok needs to chill out with some of these junk Question retros. They run the risk of having future retros sit in the outlets for years.

Back
Top Bottom