**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Deleted only 5 songs of this album...
Nobody (French was TERRIBLE on that hook & using THAT beat just felt wrong to me)

In Vein (not trying to hear The Weeknd for half the song)

War Ready (idk I just aint mess with this song)

Paradise Lost

Reprise (basically the same song just without Jay n all Ross)

The rest of this album was TOUGH tho. If he took out them songs & put Oyster Perpetual, this would been his best album yet

GKMC is hot trash imo but I can see why people like it. Just not my thing.

terrible post and opinion if you really believe that.

leave NT for life.

kidding

not kidding

you suck.

kidding about you sucking

not kidding

you do suck

GKMC is amazing. shut up.

sorry.

U know like I know Wayne spit about being from The Nolia because the rest of CMR was from there...

He actually rapped bout it....

If it matters the SQAD 4 song Hollygrove is one of my favs

:lol: when bro? This man never rapped about

Being FROM magnolia. I've been listening to Wayne since lights out. He talks about Hollygrove ALL the time. And on Miss My Dawgz was like "I ain't even from the 3, my hood was angry at me"

My salvation is the cash flow.....

WHOA.....WHOAAAAAA

in vein is one of the better tracks not the album... can't see why you would delete that

fav track is still drug dealers dream.. ross just floated on that track

"Mastermind" is a solid album no doubt about it - not "classic" though...

..."GKMC" was one of the best hip hop debuts of all time, so yeah.

didn't really give this album much credit at first because of all the other projects that came out at the same time, but after giving this a couple more in depth listens, this project SLAPS :smokin

-getting things started with rich is gangsta :x :smh:
-drug dealers dream knocks... it would've been perfect for a gunplay feature though :nerd:
-took me awhile to get into nobody for obvious reasons, but i mess with it. diddy's speech got me feeling like i can take on the world :lol:
-the horns on devil is a lie still go... hov skated too
-mafia music 3 is that fire
-BLK & WHT hook so damb catchy :lol:
-Sanctified :wow: :wow: :wow: the sample is so pristine
-in vein :smh: :smh: abel just can't miss :smh:
-all the smooth tracks on here are a great touch. supreme, thug cry, blessing in disguise, & paradise lost... this is when ross is at his best, imo.

overall, another good project by ricky... he's so consistent with his solo discography :smh: :smokin

FEATURES
I HAD TO STOP INTERVIEWING RICK ROSS BECAUSE HE CAN'T HANDLE HARD QUESTIONS
LONGREADS OR WHATEVER

By Ernest Baker

155 points on reddit 224

Ross and the author, in (slightly) happier times

All photos by Jess Lehrman

Part of me wants to feel like I'm reaching with that headline, but most of me knows that I'm not. The fact of the situation is that, during an interview with Rick Ross yesterday at the 40/40 Club in Manhattan, I brought up Reebok, which obviously triggered memories of the rapey lyric that cost him an endorsement deal with them. Perhaps for obvious reasons, things got awkward, Ross’ handlers got antsy, Ross low key tried to insult me, and the interview was stopped halfway through. The thing is, Rick Ross constantly talks about being a boss. To him, it’s not just a title, but an entire worldview. Real bosses answer the hard questions and keep it moving.

Then again, what do you expect from a guy who let the media hound him over a lyric—”Put molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it”—that he could’ve easily talked his way out of? Unlike the Date Rape Drug, Rohypnol (or alcohol, the most common date rape drug of them all), MDMA isn’t a sedative, and even if you slip it to someone, it’s not going to make them pass out. It’s a stimulant and, if anything, it’ll make a person more alert. Clearly, Ross doesn’t always know what he’s talking about in his own lyrics, and he and I never even addressed that line directly.

[Ed: To be fair, Ross did address the controversy in an interview with HuffPost Live, saying, "I don't really regret nothing. I'm glad I seen and learned some things. When I realized so many women were affected by that, I wanted to make sure I apologized. Where I come from, that's not even tolerated... I never thought someone would fill in whatever blanks, but I respected it, and I respected everyone's opinion who reached out, most definitely women... Ain't nothin' more impressive than women, baby.]

We got close, though. I was working my way towards a question about the infamous lyric. He and his team were tactful enough to pick up on that, and that’s why my interview got shut down. I asked Ross about his chemistry with Jay Z. We talked about how “****WithMeYouKnowIGotIt” was another hit for him. Then I brought up how he rapped “Reeboks on, I just do it, *****” on that song in the midst of his controversy with the company. That’s when things got tense. Here’s how the conversation played out:

Noisey: I feel like you kind of purposely were ******* with people when it’s like, “Reeboks on, I just do it *****.” Knowing the whole controversy, what were you really getting at with that line? Because that’s the **** that really stands out to me. After everybody’s making this big fuss and then on one of the hottest club records of the summer, you’re kind of taunting people on purpose with that ****.
Rick Ross: See, you the type of ***** that might consider it taunting. I don’t even like that word. Don’t use that word no more.

What would you call it? It’s not a negative word to me. You know, it’s like—
Stay focused, homie. Let me answer your question. “Reeboks on, I just do it *****.” Repping Reebok. You like Reebok?

I don’t really wear them as much anymore. Like, I’ve been a Nike *****. I wear Vans and **** like that.
Oh yeah, you a Vans *****.

Yeah, I got on Docs. Like, I know ******—like you got on Timbs, I got on Docs. That’s just what **** is.
That’s your vibe. I wish you the best. Keep shining. Keep doing your thing. Keep shining, man. I was repping Reebok. I like Reebok. We wear Reebok on our side. We wear soldiers. All white. We pull out them Rees and we wear ‘em all white.

Nah, a ***** had Rees in like middle school, when the Pumps came out, I know what it’s about.
Yeah, classic. [Handler to Def Jam employee, when I’m obviously about to start talking about the controversy and him losing his endorsement: You got the next one?] Much love. Great interview. Wish you much success.

Yeah, man. Same. You don’t have time for a couple more questions?
We got a couple ****** waiting, man.

the rest is here: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/rick-ross-mastermind-interview-vice

Love lots of Ross's music. Hate his persona. He be talkin in circles and flexin for no reason.

and be sayin boss 10x in an interview :lol:

Last edited:
Ive probably said  "Geechie Liberachi Im rich as a *****, Charm city boys give the whole city a brick " atleast 15x times today lol

Supreme has to be the next single, I'm seeing a new jack city themed video especially since he got the Keith sweat feature

didn't really give this album much credit at first because of all the other projects that came out at the same time, but after giving this a couple more in depth listens, this project SLAPS :smokin

-getting things started with rich is gangsta :x :smh:
-drug dealers dream knocks... it would've been perfect for a gunplay feature though :nerd:
-took me awhile to get into nobody for obvious reasons, but i mess with it. diddy's speech got me feeling like i can take on the world :lol:
-the horns on devil is a lie still go... hov skated too
-mafia music 3 is that fire
-BLK & WHT hook so damb catchy :lol:
-Sanctified :wow: :wow: :wow: the sample is so pristine
-in vein :smh: :smh: abel just can't miss :smh:
-all the smooth tracks on here are a great touch. supreme, thug cry, blessing in disguise, & paradise lost... this is when ross is at his best, imo.

overall, another good project by ricky... he's so consistent with his solo discography :smh: :smokin

damn, gunplay on that really would've been dope

Back
Top Bottom