The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

Magnificent is my favorite song from him
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

John Legend
pimp.gif

Ross is def appreciated! provided my frat with plenty theme songs over the years

First three albums were all solid

Ross is appreciated. I mess with his music and his albums are solid. Lyrically he's nothing to write home about though. He has a way of putting wordstogether that makes it sound like he's saying much more than he really is. This is why you rarely see people quote his lyrics cause if you look at themwritten down you'd be like "damn that's not that hot." Makes good music
pimp.gif
Bawssss!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Ross is appreciated. I mess with his music and his albums are solid. Lyrically he's nothing to write home about though. He has a way of putting words together that makes it sound like he's saying much more than he really is. This is why you rarely see people quote his lyrics cause if you look at them written down you'd be like "damn that's not that hot." Makes good music
pimp.gif
Bawssss!

Agreed, his raps are more like a narrative.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by Chao

Most of his stuff is kinda fun to listen to, I guess, but his skills are pretty lackluster.

I guess that's your opinion but if you actually listen to the lyrics I don't see how anyone can think this. Lyrically he's always been one of the nicer guys in commercial music.

Note I said commercial. Jay, Nas, old 50, Clipse, Game, that's about all I can think of off the top of the head. I'm not saying he's some lyrical beast but his lyrics ARE NOT sub par and certainly don't take away from the music at all.
de07f4.gif

hopefully we can keep this thread about the music and do without all the other bull **%@. Ross makes some great music.

Not gon happen, Joe Budden makes better music than Rick Ross and he get's slaughtered in this house everytime

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

You a fool if you don't think he went in on this...

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
check the time on my movado,
my jazzy @#%%$ a mulatto who think it's petty to model...

pimp.gif

ran through this album today.

Ross is fake man how you going to go from EVERY DAY IM HUSTLING to being a P.O
Hip Hop is about real rappers not fugazis who wanna be man i rap and this is why i hate music today because
people like you appreciate crap i bet your same boy that likes soulja boy and i wont be waiting hear when you realize it
50 ruined dudes status hands down
listen to rap not bubble gum dreams dummy!!!

NOBODY LIKES THE COPS RICKY!!!!

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

Ross is fake man how you going to go from EVERY DAY IM HUSTLING to being a P.O
Hip Hop is about real rappers� not fugazis who wanna be man i rap and this is why i hate music today because
people like you appreciate crap i bet your same boy that likes soulja boy and i wont be waiting hear when you realize it
50 ruined dudes status hands down
listen to rap not bubble gum dreams dummy!!!

NOBODY LIKES THE COPS RICKY!!!!

But chances are you a white kid from the suburbs.
grin.gif

FOH you don't know %$%* about what rap is about nor does anyone care what you think about music today.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Am I the only one that thought "Valley of Death" was the realest !$$% he ever wrote?

Nope. Matter of fact, that's some of the realist $!#% ever wrote, IMO...

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Am I the only one that thought "Valley of Death" was the realest !$$% he ever wrote?

Nope. Matter of fact, that's some of the realist $!#% ever wrote, IMO...

Agreed, really waiting to hear Waynes verse on it.
I agree though OP, Ross is lyrically one of the nicer mainstream rappers. Deeper Than Rap is better than alot of albums this year.
His "Mafia Music" verses[OG and Remix] were incredible.

When the majority of his verses seem to be rhyming a word...with itself...three times, i'm not really that impressed.

lol... Welcome to 2006!!!...

Although I do see your angle on this situation, I cant help to believe that you haven't heard the majority of Ross's music...

Even back then, he made stellar tracks that helped shape his first album...

He makes music with damn near everyone and holds his own on those tracks, and his wordplay his nice now!!...

His verses from the first "Maybach Music" installation was his best IMO...

But then again, you have tracks like

"Its My Time"
"Valley of Death"
"Mafia Music" (1 & 2)

that all stand out...

Ross is appreciated!!!...
pimp.gif

Dude just makes good music, what else can you say?

At a certain point, the CO thing, the LV shades, the cartoons, gets old and he continues to put out bangers.

Haters are going to hate, but even they know that his joints be straight fire.

I knew the haters were going to stick there head in this thread....it still doesn't take away from the quality of dudes music

Back
Top Bottom