The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Genie played well in the second set, especially after fighting off that first match point, but she just had no answer for Petra's big serve in the end. Congrats to Kvitova on winning the inaugural Wuhan Open.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 So much for my theory! 

When Petra is on her game she will give everyone on tour problems (including Serena). Her big lefty serve is a problem.

:lol:  So much for my theory! 

Mine didn't. Bouchard breezes through her section until she meets somebody that hits the ball as hard or harder than her. Kvitova is a killer. I don't see Eugenie as a killer yet. I want to like Bouchard but a healthy on form Vika is my favorite after Serena.

Last edited:
Finally a tournament win for Andy. Only a 250 but still, no training block can replace the confidence gained in winning again. First since Wimbledon 13. London finals are within reach again.

Good win for him considering that he was down a handfull of match points.  Really, I think he was a bit lucky as Tommy shoulda won it.  

Nevertheless, it was very meaningful to him as you could see post-match.  Hope he can get it together. 

Caro's IG @ the Beijing players party...

10691884_1480130538927311_618972558_n.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+qlNEo7jbbRcx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+v7jJqPooJY6x.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+S3FieoEaAGXx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+_9ctplf8dY1x.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+UXKEcbmsgOKx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+uhi2nDai0Gxx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+jFGBlSXmTGEx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+A7yxs011g0Tx.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+Ro2pKaagOA0x.jpg

2014+China+Open+Day+3+_jBnxBQWEe8x.jpg

Grigor with some new iD's...

2014+China+Open+Day+3+2v34IoiLbRIx.jpg

Last edited:
Good win for him considering that he was down a handfull of match points.  Really, I think he was a bit lucky as Tommy shoulda won it.  

Nevertheless, it was very meaningful to him as you could see post-match.  Hope he can get it together. 

Yes it's been a self made storm for him in the last week or so with his Scottish independence tweet but in good news he has no points to defend till 2015 so I think if he goes deep in either of the two matsers he will qualify for London

It'll be interesting to see the reception he gets when he plays his next DC tie in the UK.  

Of course, if someone buys tix to watch (and presumably support) team-GBR, I doubt they'd boo him. 

Difficult situation for Murray. Best to keep your views to yourself on those kinds of topics if you don't want backlash.

I was not surprised on his view point (anyone who has taken an interest in him and his brother and mothers career would not be) but im just surprised that after keeping quiet for so long that he broke his silence on the last day. Especially in a very media managed world he operates in with 19 management.

He has since come out and said he regrets the way he communicated it (on Twitter).

My view is the opposite to his (pro Union) but it does not change my support for him at all. I'm British he is British that's it.

Sports and politics don't ever mix and I'm just shocked he forgot that.

^ That's a rational and objective view.  Too bad there are too many dumb-aces out there that don't see it that way.  Actually, all they wanna do is hate... Andy just gave them an excuse.  He's obvs entitled to his opinion, but I guess he could have done it better.  

Some of the @ replies to Andy though was very sickening.  
mean.gif

What the...? Now it's the older Williams sister that has a viral illness.

Hope Venus gets better...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom