The old NiceKicks days......

I totally agree with solealliance. Why would someone want to buy a domain that has a bad name and reputation of selling FAKES. I know I wouldn't. If NiceKicks were selling fakes who would want to buy that domain and make it legit, this is just common sense. I believe that he already had the domain and decided to make the best of it and turn it around. As for now with his new store, I could never buy from Matt at NiceKicks for the fact of his past. Think about it. If I am wearing some shoes that came from his store and one of his NiceKicks shirts to go with them what are those who have been in the game for a while gonna think about my shoes. It's like advertising that I bought some FAKES. He just has a bad past and I can't F@CK with him anymore since he never respected tha game. Nothing against his hustle this is jut my preference. I rather get with my people here on NikeTalk to get some Kicks than to mess with him.

Back in 2000-2001, no one really knew what "factory variant" meant. Everyone knew NiceKicks was blatantly fake but thought Hata-Takashi was legit based off its website, photos, setup.

Originally Posted by BLinK

I actually purchased a pair of black/red "12's" from that site back in 03...Wore them once to school and was the laughing stock the whole day. Never been on that site since.

This
I thought I was "doing it" in my unreleased 3's
smh.gif

HELL YEAH I REMEMBER!

I was like 14 so I didn't think it was the same website.

I knew I wasn't goin crazy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Naaa........HATA-TAKAHASHI was the first niketalk known website to sell the fake kicks.

THATS old-school right there.

Dudes used to have debates about if his shoes were real or fake...........It just went down hill after that.

heh yea.. hata-takashi 

for some reason i dont think the current nicekicks.com is the same owner from when it was fake. it cant be. someone must of bought the domain off them and turned it into the blog.

i bought some AF1s from there. took months to get them. they shipped them in a nike box with the shoes in em. paid 60 bucks. thought i was gettin a steal

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Naaa........HATA-TAKAHASHI was the first niketalk known website to sell the fake kicks.

THATS old-school right there.

Dudes used to have debates about if his shoes were real or fake...........It just went down hill after that.

Back '01 even NTer was coppin Bred XIs from dude, thinkin they wasnt fakes just "factory varients" back then it was some what acceptable

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Back in 2000-2001, no one really knew what "factory variant" meant. Everyone knew NiceKicks was blatantly fake but thought Hata-Takashi was legit based off its website, photos, setup.

I'm pretty sure that people knew what factory variants were back then. And NO they were not accepted.
Sure Hata-Takashi's site had all the bells and whistles, but when you saw the shoes there was no doubt that the shoes, factory variants, "customs", and whatever else they tried to call them back then were fake. Especially when you had Spongebob Dub-Zeros on the same site.

But promo-shoes was legit.... I remember copping the 18s like 2 months in advance. Ahh the good old neck breaking days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

haha i remeber that. i dont get why the new owners would want to keep a name associated with fakes though

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

I'm pretty sure that people knew what factory variants were back then. And NO they were not accepted.
Sure Hata-Takashi's site had all the bells and whistles, but when you saw the shoes there was no doubt that the shoes, factory variants, "customs", and whatever else they tried to call them back then were fake. Especially when you had Spongebob Dub-Zeros on the same site.

Man if you was on here back in '01 they was acceptable for a while, dudes was posting there pickups from Hata-Takashi's site in the jordan forum on regular, back then there wasnt no Spongebob Dub Zeros (hell Dub Zeros didnt even exist). His site only sold XIs and AF1s (I think), I remember dudes was coppin the Black/Red XIs from him heavy back when JediNYC said they wasnt droppin.

Its That Dude wrote:
my friends thought I had fake air forces LOL
little did they know that dunks would blow up to be even more popular than air forces.

OMG ME TOO 
roll.gif
 those were the days man. i remember a while after when they retroed the black/red xi and ppl at my middle school were like "#$% those are weak those jordans are soo old" people just didn't have their ishhhhh right 
mad.gif

I swore that site was fake up until a few years ago!

I thought I was the only one and everyone thought I was buggin.

One of my co workers who is into sneakers brought up nice kicks a while back and I told him that was a site for fakes.

He told me I was wrong so I checked it out and until I saw their info was consistent and correct, I had been hesitant to order anything from their links, let alone trust their info.

All that worry for nothing i guess.

edit: I believe pickyourshoes, kicksonfire and shoetrends were the same way.

Back
Top Bottom